If McD Keeps Four Spots For Running Backs... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If McD Keeps Four Spots For Running Backs...

Doaks over Sony? What is the rationale for that? Sony is a proven, more than serviceable back. Doaks is not, and I don't see a whole lot of ceiling there to justify a decision like that.

Because Doaks is the most athletic, similar to Edmunds, and cheap. Michel adds nothing.
Gaskin adds elusiveness in tight spaces.

OK, I have to ask, when has Doaks shown anything? You can say he hasn't had the opportunity, and I would agree with that. You can say you like an underdog story, and I can empathize. But to say he is a better "between the tackles" thumper than Michel, is making a statement with no supporting evidence.

Ahmed is definitely faster/quicker than Gaskin, but he is not as complete, and redundant in this running back room, IMO.
I have no idea what Doaks is but Michel isn't much of a thumper.

I like Gaskin over Michel and Doaks
Thing is, MG and SM are two totally different types of backs. With a RBBC approach you need diversity of skill sets. I don't think one has anything to do with the other in this situation.

Edmunds, Mostert, Michel, Gaskin

If we're including fullback, then replace Gaskin with Ingold. But I expect the team to carry 4 RBs as well as Ingold.

Salvon Ahmed may end up on another team if he's cut but I expect ZaQuandre White to be a practice squad stash. We'll see about Doaks if the current coaching staff likes him or not

Back
Top Bottom