IF MIAMI PICKS 1st Rd: 3, 15 & 25

Lovethefish

Active Roster
Reaction score
So let’s assume Tua & Young are gone..
If we are sitting at 3, 15 & 25 would you prefer:

Option A: Best QB Available No Matter What

Option B: Andrew Thomas, we find QB 15 or 25

The scouts are salivating over Herberts upside.

he started out slow Saturday but after that int where I think he read it man and lead the receiver instead of zone sit which is easily correctable he put together some serious quality nfl throws.

I’d personally like to see Oregon in the college football playoffs just to see him against the best but I think it’s probably gonna be penn state who has quality skill talent and deserves it or maybe Ohio state.

what I don’t want to see is Georgia again.

In this particular scenario at #3, I'd think Miami will choose between Andrew Thomas and Derrick Brown. At #15, I'd think the best remaining QB perhaps Jordan Love maybe Desmond Ridder if either declare? If not, BPA. Finally at #25, I think this is where Miami takes a shot at Fromm; if for some reason they don't select a QB with either of the higher picks. If not, and If Grier, remains true to his word this pick, may be for sale? They could trade it off for perhaps another 1st or 2nd round pick in 2021? And perhaps a few additional picks in 2020? That's how I see it. I also believe Herbert could be the pick at #3 if he slides. Lord knows Miami's scouted this kid quite a few times over the past 2 seasons.

In this particular scenario at #3, I'd think Miami will choose between Andrew Thomas and Derrick Brown. At #15, I'd think the best remaining QB perhaps Jordan Love maybe Desmond Ridder if either declare? If not, BPA. Finally at #25, I think this is where Miami takes a shot at Fromm; if for some reason they don't select a QB with either of the higher picks. If not, and If Grier, remains true to his word this pick, may be for sale? They could trade it off for perhaps another 1st or 2nd round pick in 2021? And perhaps a few additional picks in 2020? That's how I see it. I also believe Herbert could be the pick at #3 if he slides. Lord knows Miami's scouted this kid quite a few times over the past 2 seasons.
I want qb de and C in the first round. But gotta say brown is my biggest wild card. He is just an absolute beast. He is a game changer.

I want qb de and C in the first round. But gotta say brown is my biggest wild card. He is just an absolute beast. He is a game changer.
Brown added to Wilkins would allow Miami to become the quintessential versatile front that Flores coverts. On early downs in an odd front Brown and Wilkins are your DE's. No one would be able to run on that. On passing downs they could move inside. I absolutely agree, Brown is a monster. I wouldn't rule him out, especially if Miami signs a CB in F/A.

Top 3 QBs
Tua
Borrow
Herbert

1 of those 3 will fall to us. I’m cool with any of them. Trading up is idiotic and about as stupid as drafting Fromm or Hurts

No!

R1a Tua or Herbert

R1b Okudah or Simmons

R1c get me some Humphrey!

:)

If Tua and Young are gone, you trade back pick up a 1st next year and maybe a 2nd or 3rd this year. Take best available qb at the 10-12 spot you traded back to then take BPA at need positions your next 2 first round picks. You now have a potential qb out of the tier 2 QBs and also have the firepower to trade up for Lawerence next year if whatever QB we take isn’t looking good.

No!

R1a Tua or Herbert

R1b Okudah or Simmons

R1c get me some Humphrey!

:)
You're assuming Herbert or Tua will somehow drop to #3? I don't think either will, because that #2 pick will get a kings ransom if either Tua or for some reason Hebert goes #1. Miami may not have a choice but to select another position?

You're assuming Herbert or Tua will somehow drop to #3? I don't think either will, because that #2 pick will get a kings ransom if either Tua or for some reason Hebert goes #1. Miami may not have a choice but to select another position?

Ehh I’m pretty sure Herbert has been replaced by Burrow. So at 3 if you like Tua/Herbert/Burrow then one will be there but I don’t think you settle for 3rd prize by taking who ever is leftover,take Chase young or trade back and continue to build the team. Settling just because you need a qb won’t end well if he doesn’t work out, that’s years you’re setting yourself back. Take the best player in the draft or get enough firepower to get your guy next year and use this year to build the rest of the team.

Back
Top Bottom