If next years draft was today | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If next years draft was today

Gordon and Gurley are two of the best backs that have came out in a while…both of those guys have elite talent. 1200 yd backs…consistently.
I agree. I love both backs, but Gurley is more well-rounded at this point. Gordon is a 1st round talent based on his running ability, but teams will have to answer the question as to whether he can catch out of the backfield and how much he helps on third down. I think part of that is the function of the Wisconsin offense.

Saying that, I'd be thrilled to get Gurley and happy to get Gordon. The running back position doesn't look that strong in Miami.

teo was all hype...perrymans hips in deep zone drop and carying coverage down the seam are a problem...you are right none of these guys are gonna run 4.5...i think 50 to 75 is the range...even 2 down backers get drafted that high and he's a better athlete than many of them...i saw top 10 pick mock talk with perryman and i didnt say it was from you...that kids not gonna test well enough to validate a top 20 grade...he could also finish a little more on some things but i would agree off what i see tonight that would help us at mike

i think kendricks will also but i need to pay more attention to his reading his keys etc...

our lb core is the weakness on the team...none of these 2 deep late picks and udfas are gonna change it either cause they are lost off the los...tripp plays smart and he's the only one possibly but he's got a long ways to go also and i sure as hell wouldn't bet on it down the road becoming something...mccains lost off the los...the boards hyping guys with no instincts for the position...mccains only solid on the los and attacking and once he faces nfl starting caliber tackles at that weight he's gonna two step with them...you either overload or gap blitz that and hope he doesnt get caught in man coverage assignment wise

still we could work with what this team has in house if we just moved misi back to strong as a 2 down guy found a legit 3 down mike or a legit mike period even if he had issues in the sub package and started a wolb out of one of these young pups we got with potential...even if they don't project to be difference makers off the los

aj johnson is the athlete for sure that would validate a 1st round grade i just wonder if he's smart enough...i guess i will find that out cause he hasn't always played with great instincts
I think Perryman goes early round two, somewhere around 40. I'd love for Miami to get him. I think the team also may need to focus on a pass rusher, either a DE or OLB. I know that sounds strange, but Wake can't play forever and the jury is out on Jordan.

For what it is worth. This kills me to say it, but I would take the best of OT, LB, or S. Sadly, we still don't have a solid backup LT and if we lose Albert we are in deep doo doo. I am guessing we would try Fox, but eventually move James there. In pre-season James looked like he struggled a bit with the switch which is understandable. I see potential. Fox looked like crap. He is only on this team because we are so thin and nobody else is available that fits our scheme. Ideally, I wish we could get a stud LB, but as usual, we have to address the OL. A lot of folks like Gurley, I do, too. However, if we don't get him because we have to address other needs, I like his teammate Chubbs (A freshman, so I am not sure he can declare). That dude is solid and is built like a tank. (On a side note, I am looking forward to Georgia being on TV again. It was a lot of fun watching Gurley and Chubbs absolutely destroy Clemson.) :-)

is james conner of pitt draft eligible??? 250 lb back that carries himself like he's 230...impressed with that kid last night...saw the cutback lanes pretty good vision good feet for his size and delivers a wallop...pressed the los when he should...drops his pads and crushes people...

is james conner of pitt draft eligible??? 250 lb back that carries himself like he's 230...impressed with that kid last night...saw the cutback lanes pretty good vision good feet for his size and delivers a wallop...pressed the los when he should...drops his pads and crushes people...
Not eligible til 2016, I believe. Sadly. Awesome player. Might sneak into the Heisman conversation, imo. Pitt even plays him at pass rusher from time to time. Vision, burst, breaks tackles with ease. Tyler Boyd is a nice player too.

Not eligible til 2016, I believe. Sadly. Awesome player. Might sneak into the Heisman conversation, imo. Pitt even plays him at pass rusher from time to time. Vision, burst, breaks tackles with ease. Tyler Boyd is a nice player too.

i thought i saw something that said he had one more year of eligibility left making me think he was a redshirt at some point but maybe i saw it wrong

Between the 2015 and 2016 drafts it's going to be damn near impossible for a team looking for a running back to not find a good prospect in that time frame. Not saying they will all pan out but there are a number of very good prospects. Big backs, tweeners and speed backs you name it they're out there.

Nebraska's Ameer Abdulah would be interesting in a LeSean McCoy role, although I see him more as a nice change of pace back playing behind someone like Conner. Could you imagine pounding a defense with Conner and then slipping in Abdullah or Duke Johnson when the defense is worn down.

Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't see a lot of that nebraska back but i just kinda wonder off what i have seen if he will run inside in the pros...looks more 3rd downish to me...

i know i like that sophomore tight end price for michigan state...that kid was a good looking player last year as a freshman he's developed his game as a blocker...kinda 3rd tight end this team could really use...although he's a year away from eligibliity...most interesting of any of the pass receiving options even moreso for me than lippett as far as an all around game...more athletic last year i think and a little more sudden but i bet he added some weight to help with his in line play and that's why...

oregon plays an awful lot of zone i think connor cook is having some problems against shell coverages...i don't think his presnap reads are all that good against zone...looks like a better qb vs man to me...

and i like that junior corner for michigan state with the richard sherman like hair...thats one im gonna be paying attention to this year...michigan state is a fun watch period cause they pack their lunch pail every week and they want to take your head off

if there's a better tackling and more willing corner to throw his body in there than ekpre olomu i'd like to see it...he has some great tape last year playing in the slot also...

lippett uses his hands well to create separation at the top of his route...shows some polish there...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Abdulah is more than a 3rd down back…he's similar in style to Shady in his versatility and ability to run inside as well as outside (not comparing talent wise of course)

Ekpre is the best CB in this class IMO.

Back
Top Bottom