If next years draft was today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If next years draft was today

I think it's safe to say Miami will be picking top 15. The top 5 players I'd like to see them pick: Gurley, Winston, Cooper, Gordon, Mariota.

IMHO Winston would have to come at a big discount to want to deal with his behavior and decision making skills. Not to mention his tendency to put balls behind guys. Watch the replay of yesterdays game and you'll see WRs making very good catches at balls not in the right places. Does any of that sound familiar? Well, making catches doesn't sound familiar, but inaccuracy should. His completion % belies the tape. He's Vince Young all over; talented and troubled. We saw what happened there.

this is a different subject but i think duke johnson is in for an awakening come draft day...like day 2 type stuff...his problem is his size...and while there's some durability concerns i think people will question if he's an every down back and can he play in pass pro...cause while i know he's a better talent he basically looks like leon washington coming out size wise with better vision and instincts...you can run him more inside but that's a small back...he doesnt try to play a scat back game and i like that but his size is well gonna be a serious topic of debate

I don't think Duke has any delusions that he's a first round back. His major problem is his concussion history, he's had three in the past two seasons & two of them occurred in pass pro. His size shouldn't be an issue, he's 5'9 206. About a third of the NFL's 1A & 1B starting RBs are within close proximity of that. Another concerning thing is that he's seem to have lost his breakaway speed. He has tremendous burst but he always seems to be caught from behind. Also, he's had some ball control issues too. On a side note he probably has the best stiff arm in college football. Talent wise he's a late 2nd to 3rd rounder but that concussion history might slide him down into the 4th.

Our needs seem to change week-to-week. I really want us to take an athletic DT as an eventual replacement for Starks. We cant have an average player there at the DT spot. I still have hope for our young corners so I would pass there. The one position that would benefit the team the most is at WR. We need a jump ball type of wideout that gives us more options inside the 5 yard line.

RB, LB, CB, big wr in no particular order- if Gurley is there, or Cooper(doubtful) run up the card

I would add Guard to that list.

I don't see a TE in this class that would fit what we need plus we have Arthur Lynch coming back from injury next year and Gator Hoskins could be a 4th TE on the roster depending on his development.

Ideally...depending on who's available I would probably look for a WR in the 1st (Kevin White, Sammie Coates), a CB in the 2nd, RB in the 3rd, OG in the 4th, LB in the 5th and BPA with the rest of the picks. As much as I want better LB depth so we can finally get rid of Trusnik the lack of depth at CB (only 4 on the roster with Grimes, Finnegan, Taylor and Davis) and the lack of playing time by Taylor and Davis (which tells me they may not be developing) would make CB a higher priority than LB right now. Hopefully the development of Tripp and McCain will help with Jenkins and Misi doing pretty well.

right now i'd say wr, rb (just cause where i think we will be picking there may be a special back still on the board) or cb is the way to go in the first round...

i think billy turners taking a guard job next year

right now i'd say wr, rb (just cause where i think we will be picking there may be a special back still on the board) or cb is the way to go in the first round...

i think billy turners taking a guard job next year

Even if Billy takes a guard job next year Colledge is probably gone and I'm not all in on Dallas Thomas and even if I were we still need better depth.

If Todd Gurley (highly unlikely) or Melvin Gordon are there in the 1st then I definitely put the card in...but I don't know if they'll be there when we pick. I think right now I have us picking 22nd.

Even if Billy takes a guard job next year Colledge is probably gone and I'm not all in on Dallas Thomas and even if I were we still need better depth.

If Todd Gurley (highly unlikely) or Melvin Gordon are there in the 1st then I definitely put the card in...but I don't know if they'll be there when we pick. I think right now I have us picking 22nd.

you'd have to think hard about matias in that slot way i see it...but i'd much rather look skill position playmaker with that first rounder provided the board supported it grade wise...i kinda doubt satele will be back either next year...may be 2 new interior starters...although i think turners getting first dibs at one slot

this oline has special potential if we hit on billy turner and i have no doubts fast tempo is coming in 2015...

you'd have to think hard about matias in that slot way i see it...but i'd much rather look skill position playmaker with that first rounder provided the board supported it grade wise...i kinda doubt satele will be back either next year...may be 2 new interior starters...although i think turners getting first dibs at one slot

this oline has special potential if we hit on billy turner and i have no doubts fast tempo is coming in 2015...

I know Slimm doesn't like him but Josue is a stud.

As far as the 1st round pick, just go BPA at any of these positions: RB, WR, OG, DT, WLB (Shaq), CB.

I know Slimm doesn't like him but Josue is a stud.

As far as the 1st round pick, just go BPA at any of these positions: RB, WR, OG, DT, WLB (Shaq), CB.

DT because it's deep or you think Starks is gone?

Back
Top Bottom