If Not Jim Then Who? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Not Jim Then Who?

Offer Jim more money than hes making at Michigan, he will come..... hopefully.
Jim isn’t at Michigan for the money. It’s his dream job since his dad was an assistant there in the 70s. He’ll be there a while.

I think Ross gives Gase another year, so I don’t expect this to happen, but here’s what I’d do if I was pulling the strings.

At this point I’m just so sick of watching soft, conservative football. If Greg Williams makes it out of Cleveland without coaching his way into the HC gig there, I’m looking to bring him in.

Williams isn’t a perfect candidate. First off: he’s got baggage. As a defensive coordinator, he implemented and ran the bounty system with the Saints. There’s also evidence he ran similar systems earlier in his career.

That sort of conduct is disagraceful. That said, when caught, he fessed up, helped the NFL investigation, and served his suspension. I think he’s learned his lesson and I believe in second chances.

Having said all that, Williams runs tough, hard nosed, attacking defenses. We have some young talent to work with and I think he would have that unit shaped up and playing tough, sound fundamental, football.

The other thing I like about Williams, for whatever faults he has, is he’s aggressive. I want a coach with that attitude, who’s not afraid of rolling the dice on fourth down when need be, who — when in a tight spots — says, ‘I bet on my guys to beat yours.’

He’s also got some head coaching experience with the Bills back in the day and now with Cleveland.

The key thing for Williams would be this: who does he tap as OC? That’s important for him. I question how much he brings to the table on the offensive side of the ball. But if he can get an experienced, proven offensive mind on board (like Gase should have done in year one with a defensive coordinator) then I’d be happy with the situation.

That’s just one man’s opinion though. And I’m certainly no expert — just another yahoo fan.

I think Ross gives Gase another year, so I don’t expect this to happen, but here’s what I’d do if I was pulling the strings.

At this point I’m just so sick of watching soft, conservative football. If Greg Williams makes it out of Cleveland without coaching his way into the HC gig there, I’m looking to bring him in.

Williams isn’t a perfect candidate. First off: he’s got baggage. As a defensive coordinator, he implemented and ran the bounty system with the Saints. There’s also evidence he ran similar systems earlier in his career.

That sort of conduct is disagraceful. That said, when caught, he fessed up, helped the NFL investigation, and served his suspension. I think he’s learned his lesson and I believe in second chances.

Having said all that, Williams runs tough, hard nosed, attacking defenses. We have some young talent to work with and I think he would have that unit shaped up and playing tough, sound fundamental, football.

The other thing I like about Williams, for whatever faults he has, is he’s aggressive. I want a coach with that attitude, who’s not afraid of rolling the dice on fourth down when need be, who — when in a tight spots — says, ‘I bet on my guys to beat yours.’

He’s also got som head coaching experience with the Bills back in the day and now with Cleveland.

The key thing for Williams would be this: who does he tap as OC? That’s important for him. I question how much he brings to the table on the offensive side of the ball. But if he can get an experienced, proven offensive mind on board (like Gase should have done in year one with a defensive coordinator) then I’d be happy with the situation.

That’s just one man’s opinion though. And I’m certainly no expert — just another yahoo fan.
If Williams runs the table with the Browns and wins out, I think they seriously have a debacle whether or not to take the interim tag off of him and make him the full time HC. Because he seriously has them playing up to their potential with hard nose footbal right now.

Yes, he would be a good choice if Gase is staying as head coach. Good point about Del Rio having head coaching experience. He would be a huge upgrade over Burke.

Anyone have suggestions for an offensive coordinator and offensive line coach?

Unfortunately I think OC is irrelevant as Gase will NEVER give up playcalling.

For Oline, I wanted Notre Dame's Oline coach, Harry Hiestand, who developed guy slike Zack Martin, Quenten Nelson, and Mike McGlinchey.

Unfortunately, the bears grabbed him this past offseason.

Unfortunately I think OC is irrelevant as Gase will NEVER give up playcalling.

For Oline, I wanted Notre Dame's Oline coach, Harry Hiestand, who developed guy slike Zack Martin, Quenten Nelson, and Mike McGlinchey.

Unfortunately, the bears grabbed him this past offseason.

Yes, I doubt that Gase will give up play calling. Which could very well end up costing him his head coaching job in the long run.

I really don't have much hope of Gase going out and finding a better O-line coach either. I have not been impressed with the current O-line coach Washburn. The Dolphins have have been decimated with injuries but there have been coaches that have done a better job with less talent. Tunsil and James have the talent to be above average OTs. Jesse Davis played much better last season. The talent isn't great but it isn't terrible either. So coaching needs to take some blame for the ineptitude of that group.

Yes, he would be a good choice if Gase is staying as head coach. Good point about Del Rio having head coaching experience. He would be a huge upgrade over Burke.

Anyone have suggestions for an offensive coordinator and offensive line coach?

We're going to have trouble drawing a top shelf DC when it looks like the HC may be in trouble. I'm 100% sold on replacing Burke, but it may be an issue getting a proven, quality DC...

I mentioned this on twitter. While watching the game on TV their were a bunch of plays where when the runner or receiver got the ball and there wasn't a Dolphin player in the picture. It's one thing to get beat. It's an entirely other thing to not be close. Burke stinks, need more proof?

I mentioned this on twitter. While watching the game on TV their were a bunch of plays where when the runner or receiver got the ball and there wasn't a Dolphin player in the picture. It's one thing to get beat. It's an entirely other thing to not be close. Burke stinks, need more proof?

Someone really needs to go back, watch tape, and analyze the LBs. I swear every LB immediately jumps into an assigned gap at or near the LOS as soon as the ball is snapped, whether the play is going that way or not. This means that every time they were 1-on-1 with the lead block, which then means he has to both fight off the block and make the tackle if if comes his way. If he fails, none of the other LBs can help because they are tied up in their own gaps.

It's like our LBs immediately commit to a gap regardless of what the play is.

I think Jim might have helped you yesterday with his pro zone read and pistol qb infatuation

Can ANYONE identify ONE thing Gase brings to the table?
Just ONE
Clean house
Bye to ZBS
Bye to Wide 9
Bye to continuous running out of shotgun
Bring back physicality & a FB

But some will say Gase is a guru lol! I agree! Ross needs to find some balls and fire everyone. I would make the firing embarrassing for Gasyboy. Unplug the mic during a press conference and tell him to get the **** out and take all of his friends with him. I’d keep Rizzi though.

Back
Top Bottom