If Not Jim Then Who? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Not Jim Then Who?

I mentioned this on twitter. While watching the game on TV their were a bunch of plays where when the runner or receiver got the ball and there wasn't a Dolphin player in the picture. It's one thing to get beat. It's an entirely other thing to not be close. Burke stinks, need more proof?
Yep! And the DBs are looking at each other wondering what happened!
Three players looking at each other like "I thought YOU had him"

You think they coach them diferently on the road? now THERES some complete nonsense. Players matter a million more than some doofus on the sidelines.

Delete your account. Seriously, go away! The coach matters way more than the players. The only exception is if you have a Marino or Manning. Belichick will still have the Patriots in the playoffs after Brady is gone. I bet Brady would have been gone this year if Beli got to keep Jimmy G. With Jimmy G gone Beli definitely has a much more difficult task but he is a great coach and will have his team ready unlike Gasy.

If so you can add the Dolphins to going No Where...

Him and T-bomb are the top most obvious hasbeens who MUST be fired......the rest will follow..

Get rid of Gase and turn the reins over to the new Coach or GM...

Cause another year of this crap and ya might even see the effects in FinHeaven and Fans of significant reason leaving and discussions by the Mods, Dolphin organizational pushers and just out right youngins having more discussions of the fantasy variety and if's and buts, which the semi logical Fan has grown tired of hearing, especially for yet another year.
But then there are always a few who enjoy suffering, or just to much time on there hands ( which I'm guilty of because the answer to what this team needs is and has been blowing up in our faces since this guys hiring and proven most every time he opens his mouth with the most obvious or ridiculous statements... not to mention the product put on the field ( the main Exhibit A )

Stated statements made by players and staff of team needs or standards recognized are so pathetic and if you didn't know it was official it wouldn't be that difficult to think a 6 year old is giving his evaluations....( sorry 6 year olds I know you are wiser than these guys )

Bewildering to see that there is even thoughts over what to do in our head coaches dept. But thats why we are the Miami Dolphins post Shula............ Ahhhh Don Shula, my heart smiles
I agree, but Ross wont learn that. He needs to take a good look at Chicago Bears and see clear coaching makes a difference

Personally, I would clean house and hire someone to run the entire organization, give them a budget and back off if I was Ross. Now, if I was chosen as that one guy, I would be very tempted to hire Dan Campbell, with the caveat that he have two very strong coordinators. I would consider Rex Ryan or Todd Bowles for d-coordinator. Ryan was good as a coach, but couldn't evaluate QB talent. I would then consider someone of the caliber of McCarthy for offensive coordinator. These guys are your X's and O's guys. Dan's main job is overseeing everything and inspiring the troops to fight for him. We have already seen that he can do this. He took a crap roster and did more with it over that season than expected. Imagine him having an entire offseason with these guys. It may end up being a terrible decision, but change has to happen. You try something and if it doesn't work, then you try something else. Don't keep doing the same thing.

Priority number 1 should be to address the front office.

You can go looking for coaches all you want, but until we get better drafting on a consistent basis, this team will continue to be doomed to mediocrity.

There are several guys you could look at, but the guy I like most is, Brian Xanders out of LA. He's a personnel executive for the Rams, but before that, he was the GM of the Broncos that built the team that went to the Super Bowls and eventually won one. He seems to have success where ever he goes. I think they only way you get a guy like Xanders is if he has the ability to choose his own coach. This year would be an ideal year for that because Xanders could keep Gase with almost no pushback from the players while he evaluates a coach he may want to replace him with.

If I remember correctly, this team, based on its roster was seen as a bottom 5 team in the NFL. Many publications had us as the worst team, and that was with the idea of Tannehill starting every game. The team is obviously not the worst in the NFL and considering that a team, many saw as devoid of talent, has had numerous key injuries and is still 7-7 is solid at worst. While the staff does need improvements, especially in Gase giving up playcalling and a new DC, the biggest area of deficiency is the talent on this team. Basically, expect Gase to get at least another year...Philbin was given 4, Gase will be given a 4th.

I would also expect Tannehill to be the QB going into the season next year. There really just isn't a lot that seems like an upgrade in this current draft class and we won't be in a position to draft a Heubert is he is to come out. Hopefully, this front office has enough foresight to take advantage of this talent-rich defensive draft.

The best coaches in the B1G are Jeff Brohm and Pat Fitzgerald. Harbaugh is well down from them. Let’s put it this way, how scary would Michigan be if they had Brohm or Fitzgerald? That tells you all you need to know. They’d be on another level.

Fitzgerald and Brohm are in situations that are different than guys at the few blue blood schools out there but they are a couple of the best coaches in America. I think they could run an NFL team unlike other college coaches who fail at that level.

Matt Campbell is another interesting guy as is the guy from Baylor. It’s funny to mention a guy who went 1-11 and jumped to 6-6 but there are folks out there that say Matt Rhule can be a special coach.

The best coaches in the B1G are Jeff Brohm and Pat Fitzgerald. Harbaugh is well down from them. Let’s put it this way, how scary would Michigan be if they had Brohm or Fitzgerald? That tells you all you need to know. They’d be on another level. .

I don't agree with that at all. Just the opposite. Jim Harbaugh is an elite coach who is now comically undervalued by the public due to high profile losses to Ohio State, which has had a far more talented roster than Michigan.

The other two guys are cutesy chess piece coaches who run the type of offense that the public loves. No pressure on them where they are. But put them in a higher level program expected to compete for championships and all the weaknesses show up, specifically that they have absolutely no clue how physical and relentless defensively you have to be to run the table or nearby at upper tier of college football.

Jim Harbaugh understands that stifling pass defense is one of the keys to high level success in college or pro football. His defenses at Michigan have been 1st, 1st, 6th and 6th nationally in yards allowed per pass attempt. That gives Michigan a chance every year. His quarterbacking was weak early in his Michigan tenure but mostly I don't think he grasped how vital it is to occupy a spot in the top 5 or 6 of the national recruiting rankings every single year. If you don't do that you really will struggle to compete with the likes of Ohio State or Clemson and obviously Alabama.

Fans and media still prefer to believe that Michigan has the same level of talent as Ohio State, or that a top 10 or top 15 recruiting class is basically the same as top 5. Not much could be further from the truth.

Back
Top Bottom