if not the #1 pick then who with #2 with Tua drafted? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if not the #1 pick then who with #2 with Tua drafted?

If I can’t trade down I’m taking Young and then going QB with our second pick.

With that said I prefer Tua.

First off i’m all in for Tua #1 overall. But what happens if the dolphins end up with the #2 pick, and Tua i’d off the board #1. Who do you draft with our first 3 picks? I’m going to say Chase Young is a no brainer @2. But what do you do with the following 2 picks?

with Tua off the board who do you draft #2 and what do you do with the other 2 picks?
I'm on board with Chase Young. :up:

Chase Young and then pool resources to trade up for Burrows. Herbert???? ...outside of Dan Fouts and to a lesser extent Drew Bledsoe, I'm hard pressed to name a highly drafted Pacific Northwest QB who came close to living up to expectations
Yeah, what this guy said... :up:

Chase young is not a scheme fit....I have to finish evaluating all the QB’s before I can answer that.

Their are a lot of good prospects in this draft...we have to get the best one possible.

How is Chase Young not a scheme fit? He’s 6’5” 266, fast and strong. He reminds me a lot of Jadeveon Clowney, due to the freakish size, athleticism and dreads. And this FO made aggressive attempts to get Clowney before the season. He’s as scheme versatile defender as there is

The value at that point is Young. As of this moment he’s the best player in the country and would be the highest rated.

Burrows
Simmons
Leatherwood

Good I hope this is the case, that way he falls right into Miami’s lap, cause I see Miami winning some games down the stretch to push them out of the top spot.
I hope we take the best QB at #1. If that's Tua, then I hope we take him with our top pick. If it's someone else, then I hope we take that person with our top pick. IMHO, the position is too important overall and too instrumental to our rebuild to play the value game. Just take the best guy at the top. I hope we don't try to be cute to nab a Chase Young at the top and lose out on our QB of choice because we expected him to be there at #10 only to be gazumped by some other QB needy team trading up in front of us. We're the Dolphins … when we leave things to chance … it almost guarantees failure.

I hope we take the best QB at #1. If that's Tua, then I hope we take him with our top pick. If it's someone else, then I hope we take that person with our top pick. IMHO, the position is too important overall and too instrumental to our rebuild to play the value game. Just take the best guy at the top. I hope we don't try to be cute to nab a Chase Young at the top and lose out on our QB of choice because we expected him to be there at #10 only to be gazumped by some other QB needy team trading up in front of us. We're the Dolphins … when we leave things to chance … it almost guarantees failure.

Been there done that.(Matt Ryan should have been a dolphins , Aaron Rogers too if we had a better scouting department ) We won’t make that mistake again....

If your QB is one the board you take him even if your using a higher pick than the value. You can’t risk losing out especially after going through a season like this. I believe that first pick will be a QB.

Chase Young is a solid pass rusher but I’d much rather draft AJ Epenesa. Much more rounded player.

I think it depends where the pick acquired from Pittsburgh falls. If that's a top 10, I think Miami goes Young and then Herbert, Fromm or Burrow.

If we do end up taking Tua, than our next immediate concern needs to be at right tackle. Who would we get to protect a left handed QB's blind side?

Chase Young is more of a traditional 4-3 DE than a scheme versatile DE. Not a fit for what Miami does on Defense. Young is a Jimmy Johnson/Dave Wanstedt type DE, not Brian Flores. I'm not saying he's not the best player in the country, because he is. You're taking somewhat of a gamble selecting Young if you can't figure out how to use him? Scheme fit Defensive Players who fit Miami's style are 1) Delpit and 2) Simmons. Both can play anywhere in the back 7, giving Miami a huge advantage in disguising the defense.

If we do end up taking Tua, than our next immediate concern needs to be at right tackle. Who would we get to protect a left handed QB's blind side?
Wirfs is the 2nd highest rated OT but keep in mind pressure comes from both sides and up the middle too.

Chase Young is more of a traditional 4-3 DE than a scheme versatile DE. Not a fit for what Miami does on Defense. Young is a Jimmy Johnson/Dave Wanstedt type DE, not Brian Flores. I'm not saying he's not the best player in the country, because he is. You're taking somewhat of a gamble selecting Young if you can't figure out how to use him? Scheme fit Defensive Players who fit Miami's style are 1) Delpit and 2) Simmons. Both can play anywhere in the back 7, giving Miami a huge advantage in disguising the defense.
Well, I'd agree that if you're going to draft Young you better know what you're going to do with him. We drafted Minkah and two different staffs couldn't get the most out of him. A pass rushing DE is our biggest need on defense but the player has to fit. Of course when you try to find guys to play "your" system only then you'll be in trouble. A good coaching staff uses what a player can do instead of trying to get 22 guys that all fit one system.

Back
Top Bottom