If R.Tannehill got traded... What QB you'd draft with 1st pick ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If R.Tannehill got traded... What QB you'd draft with 1st pick ?

Who would you choose as our "NEW" QB savior?

• Total voters
13072.jpg

Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield will meet with Dolphins officials for dinner next Tuesday in Norman (OK), then work out for the Fins privately after his Pro Day.

The Dolphins' interest in Mayfield hasn't been a secret, and likely also isn't a smokescreen considering their penchant for organizational leaks in recent years. The Fins' intentions are all too often public knowledge. The Dolphins hold the No. 11 overall pick in the draft, and Mayfield probably stands a 50-50 chance or worse of lasting that long. Miami might have to trade up to land him.

Ozzy rules!!

Ikr! Actually I'm quite surprised Mayfield is the QB the general consensus seems to want... I'm not on that hype boat with Mayfield, it's not because of his size or won the Heisman, I just don't see him as the guy for us and I don't think his ability will translate to what we want in a true NFL QB. Hey, I everyone in this draft does good in the pros, But I don't us being the team to take that chance. I like our chances better with Rosen.

Btw, what impresses you about S.Darnold? I personally don't think he'll be successful neither, so I would like your take on him. I think he's been overhyped like Baker as well....

To start he excelled under an atrocious system and coaching set up at USC. Clay helton is at best a mediocre coach, Darnold was never going to have a season like Mayfield under current tire fire regime in So.Cal. To excel under that set up extremely impressive,

Darnold attributes clicks key boxes for franchise NFL QB

Durability
Size
mobility
great arm
maturity
adaptability

Mayfield is Vince young 2.0, idea he is akin to Russell Wilson is laughable on so many levels, nowhere near the IQ, athleticism, foot work, composure of Wilson.

wait until pressure really hits after a bad week, month or season, Mayfield is a ticking time bomb.

I’ve always preached that if a GM and coach are in love with a QB do whatever it takes to get that QB.

I really do like Baker Mayfield and will not complain at all if Miami drafts him. That being said a small part of me is worried Mayfield is just Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0.

I picked Rosen, because I think he's the best but I watched an interesting segment from Tony Kornheiser on ESPN the other day. He quoted Peter King suggesting that there is plenty of speculation across the NFL that Josh Rosen may end up dramatically falling on Draft day. The reasons given are that Rosen comes from an extremely wealthy Jewish family and there is a perception by many GMs that players from poorer backgrounds are hungrier and more likely to succeed than those come from privilege. The other big "negative" mentioned was that Josh Rosen is openly very liberal in his politics and some owners who are strong Trump Republicans would probably not want him as the face of their franchise.
I know that it should just be about the football, QB hand size, pass accuracy and 3 cone drill time, but there could be an element of truth in this. For example, Jets owner Woody Johnson, travelled with Trump all through the campaign and was one of his strongest supporters in raising funds. Woody was also appointed the US Ambassador to the United Kingdom by the President. I can see Woody saying hell no to the prospect of drafting an openly liberal guy like Rosen. Also Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam happens to have a brother, Bill Haslam, who is Tennessee Republican Governor.

Last edited:
I’ve always preached that if a GM and coach are in love with a QB do whatever it takes to get that QB.

I really do like Baker Mayfield and will not complain at all if Miami drafts him. That being said a small part of me is worried Mayfield is just Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0.
You're not serious? :confused:

Don't think trading Tannehill is enough to get the QB we would want.

Back
Top Bottom