If R.Tannehill got traded... What QB you'd draft with 1st pick ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If R.Tannehill got traded... What QB you'd draft with 1st pick ?

Who would you choose as our "NEW" QB savior?

• Total voters
Mayfield over Allen in a close one.

Don't understand all the love for Jackson as a high draft pick.

Mayfield over Allen in a close one.

Don't understand all the love for Jackson as a high draft pick.

Maybe because he has more upside than any QB in the draft. If they all reach their full potential he’ll be the hardest to defend against.

I don't see dolphins drafting a qb in first rd. it just smoke... our front office doesn't have balls to do that. but I want them to draft one in 1st.

Have always held out hope for Tanny but if Mayfield is there at 11 and we don’t take him I will kick a ginger in the nuts. Work reference !! lol

Speaking as a half-ginger, I object.

But I'd totally understand.

I think Rosen is the best of the bunch IF he stays healthy. But I don't think he will.

Still in the "draft Mayfield" a true leader and inspiration (did you see how he stuck up for Orlando Brown after OB's terrible combine, e.g.??) and let him marinade behind Tannehill for a few seasons and then let the chips fall where they may. Rosen? maybe. The others? meh!

This is pretty much spot on where I'm at. And Mayfield isn't going to like marinating in this scenario...but tough cookies.

Maybe because he has more upside than any QB in the draft. If they all reach their full potential he’ll be the hardest to defend against.

Oh Come on! He does not have more upside than any other qb. You must be a Louisville alumni or there’s some other reason for this obvious bias. He a great athlete, there no denying that, but his poor accuracy and lack of ability to read defenses (much like Tannehill’s pocket presence) will always weigh him down. Sure he might be hard to defend for a year or two but defenses will catch on and his struggles will snowball.

I don’t think this situation would ever happen but I think Josh Rosen is the most prepared to start out of any of these dudes.

I think we are dangerously closer to this situation than most appreciate.

In this particular situation, however, I am more of an advocate of keeping Landry. However, I think Landry is ironically part of the vehicle that gets us to the Top 3 in a trade.

I believe Landry, Suh, RT and #11 are all in play at this moment. I just get this nauseating feeling that TB is crafting his most disasterous moves yet.

Trading up for a QB and rebuilding on the fly seem possible right now.

Unlike the more reason responsible approach of drafting Roquan at #11, drafting a QB and OG in the mids. All while finding a nice exit out of the Suh contract this year or next.

Oh Come on! He does not have more upside than any other qb. You must be a Louisville alumni or there’s some other reason for this obvious bias. He a great athlete, there no denying that, but his poor accuracy and lack of ability to read defenses (much like Tannehill’s pocket presence) will always weigh him down. Sure he might be hard to defend for a year or two but defenses will catch on and his struggles will snowball.

So...just to clarify...you don't like Lamar Jackson because of accuracy issues...but you'd be okay with Josh Allen?

Mayfield! You don’t pass on a QB who has the “ IT “ factor. I like Tannehill, but does he make guys around him better? Mayfield does!

One thing I predict for this season is our guys will appreciate what we have in Tannehill more. A season with Jay Cutler will do that for you!!

So...just to clarify...you don't like Lamar Jackson because of accuracy issues...but you'd be okay with Josh Allen?

Don’t mistake completion percentage for accuracy. For the record I want Rosen or Mayfield if we don’t go defense. Allen, to me, is quite comparable to Tannehill (who I think we should stick with anyway).

baker mayfield over Sam Darnold....some people truly have no idea stark contrast between CFB and the NFL.

This Baker Mayfield hype perfect example that vast majority of football fans have no clue what they're actually watching week in and week out.

baker mayfield over Sam Darnold....some people truly have no idea stark contrast between CFB and the NFL.

This Baker Mayfield hype perfect example that vast majority of football fans have no clue what they're actually watching week in and week out.

Ikr! Actually I'm quite surprised Mayfield is the QB the general consensus seems to want... I'm not on that hype boat with Mayfield, it's not because of his size or won the Heisman, I just don't see him as the guy for us and I don't think his ability will translate to what we want in a true NFL QB. Hey, I everyone in this draft does good in the pros, But I don't us being the team to take that chance. I like our chances better with Rosen.

Btw, what impresses you about S.Darnold? I personally don't think he'll be successful neither, so I would like your take on him. I think he's been overhyped like Baker as well....

Is this "maybe" an opinion or fact? Hard to tell at this point, as in maybe he has more upside or because he has more upside.

I say he has had too many bad games against good defenses and his game does not translate well to the NFL.

Sure, he'll be exciting and he'll make some plays but I don't think he will be a top notch NFL QB.

But that's just my take.

Ikr! Actually I'm quite surprised Mayfield is the QB the general consensus seems to want... I'm not on that hype boat with Mayfield, it's not because of his size or won the Heisman, I just don't see him as the guy for us and I don't think his ability will translate to what we want in a true NFL QB. Hey, I everyone in this draft does good in the pros, But I don't us being the team to take that chance. I like our chances better with Rosen.

Btw, what impresses you about S.Darnold? I personally don't think he'll be successful neither, so I would like your take on him. I think he's been overhyped like Baker as well....
IMHO, BAKER MAYFIELD = RUSSELL WILSON. OK, bring the heat...

Back
Top Bottom