If R.Tannehill got traded... What QB you'd draft with 1st pick ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If R.Tannehill got traded... What QB you'd draft with 1st pick ?

Who would you choose as our "NEW" QB savior?

• Total voters
Why is there a Tannehill option in a made up scenario where we traded him? Anyways id go Mayfield love the kids demeanor. Reminds me of Favre so much

1. Baker, 2. Rosen, 3. Trade down for Jackson. Darnold is OK but I'm not a fan of a college QB with so many mental errors, and Allen I wouldn't even consider at 42 (which he clearly won't make it there) -- not a fan at all. He's all tools to me.

Allen - He has the strongest arm Ive ever seen and can change a game with one throw. Needs development, better to sit year 1, but I'd roll the dice with him and go with a cheap FA for a year or until he is ready.

Not a fan of trading Tanny at all, but I'd be happy with Rosen, Mayfield, or even the guy that gets almost no press right now - Sam Darnold.

It is a bumper crop for QBs.

Baker the offense needs leadership and someone willing to throw the ball down field.

Baker in the first round. If not, I would be happy with Lamar in the 2nd or 3rd if he falls.

I would have to go mayfield. here is the thing... the kid is a leader, and most important a winner.

I cannot answer this unless I know what pick I get for Tannehill.

In trading Tannehill I would think we need someone who can come right in and start so I am going with Rosen.

Mayfield would be my second choice but his size and the offense he played in historical does not lead to NFL success.

Now if we keep Tannehill I am really intrigued with Jackson to be groomed behind him. I would also think he could be used as a special package weapon instead of just holding a clipboard.

In trading Tannehill I would think we need someone who can come right in and start so I am going with Rosen.

Mayfield would be my second choice but his size and the offense he played in historical does not lead to NFL success.

Now if we keep Tannehill I am really intrigued with Jackson to be groomed behind him. I would also think he could be used as a special package weapon instead of just holding a clipboard.

Is it true Rosen had TWO concussions last year? If so I would not draft Rosen in round 1 or 2.

Keeping Tannehill and drafting Jackson is my dream scenario.

I'm tempted to say lamar in the 2nd round but he plays to contact...and that's a recipe for disaster in the pros with his game and skill set

still it would be interesting while it lasted...have to learn to slide or they will corpse him over time

I will go with rosen cause he's the ideal scheme fit and darnold and allen you have no shot at seeing at 11...the one you have the best shot at seeing other than lamar is baker I'd say...and if it shakes out where the board says take him at 11 tanny will have comp and insurance in the building...albeit with a heavy rpo based offense should baker play

combine wise I thought in terms of the qbs who threw the ball baker and rosen were neck and neck for 2nd most impressive in drills

rosens durability concerns I think are legit

I’d be ok with any of them except Darnold or Jackson. Darnold just seems like a turnover machine and Jackson couldn’t hit water if he fell off a boat in the middle of the ocean.

Rosen's snaps under center have me leaning in his direction. Assuming Tanne was traded, Rosen would be stepping in immediately. Those under-center snaps would have him better prepared than the other QBs to play in our offense.

I'm tempted to say lamar in the 2nd round but he plays to contact...and that's a recipe for disaster in the pros with his game and skill set

still it would be interesting while it lasted...have to learn to slide or they will corpse him over time

I will go with rosen cause he's the ideal scheme fit and darnold and allen you have no shot at seeing at 11...the one you have the best shot at seeing other than lamar is baker I'd say...and if it shakes out where the board says take him at 11 tanny will have comp and insurance in the building...albeit with a heavy rpo based offense should baker play

combine wise I thought in terms of the qbs who threw the ball baker and rosen were neck and neck for 2nd most impressive in drills

rosens durability concerns I think are legit

I think it was mayock who compared Rosen to Sam Bradford and I don't think he could be more spot on. Both durability + style

I think it was mayock who compared Rosen to Sam Bradford and I don't think he could be more spot on. Both durability + style

ive seen rosen stand in and take harder hits than Bradford ever has but yeah they both have top shelf placement and accuracy and durability flags

Leaning towards Baker.

I wouldn't touch Josh Allen with a ten-foot pole. I think he's Kyle Boller 2.0. Find a QB with that low of a completion percentage against that level competition and tell me he's going to be great. Puh-lease.

Back
Top Bottom