If R.Tannehill got traded... What QB you'd draft with 1st pick ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If R.Tannehill got traded... What QB you'd draft with 1st pick ?

Who would you choose as our "NEW" QB savior?

• Total voters
I'd go Baker Mayfield all day. His fire, is off the charts. He wouldn't allow players to take plays off.

I do not think there are Franchise QB's anymore. Most of them are mediocre with a lot of hype.

Watch highlights of Marino, Bledsoe, Elway, Simms, etc. its not even close

They're all flawed in some way. I'd take Rosen, but his concussion had him out for over a month. With our history of offensive line woes, no thanks.

Tanny is actually the best option for this team. They'll need a tough SOB...

Not feeling Mayfield at all. Mostly because he can't escape pressure well enough. He had amazing protection while at Oklahoma. Too ****y for a 6 footer, also. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Browns took him and wrecked him in like 2 years.

Lamar would be fun for a year or two, but he has RGIII written all over him.
was rg3 rookie of yr in 2012.

Except he’s better than RGIII

Without interviewing Lamar I don’t know how you can say this. RG3 had a hero complex and he had absolutely zero field awareness. You just tell Lamar running is an option. Getting hit is not. Slide or you don’t play. Also the worst QB injuries that I’ve seen have all been in the pocket.

was rg3 rookie of yr in 2012.

Exceptional runner, slight frame, probably worse off than RGIII in the throwing mechanics dept, but yeah, how do you guys not see RGIII?

That's not a slight. He was amazing until he inevitably got injured. Gotta be thicker is all...

I remember Bill Parcells talking about Mike Vick before he came out (and I was a huge Mike Vick fan) and he said he'll sure be a helluva weapon until he hurts his ankle...That's exactly what happened. You want an athletic QB, fine. But you're likely not gonna have him past a couple years with that frame and he doesn't have sound throwing mechanics, like at all.

I love watching him play, also, but he's not gonna last for more than a couple years, imo.

Last edited:
Out of this year's crop, for our team specifically. I'd take a fourth or fifth round flier on Kyle Lauletta. None of the big names are worth it for our team, imo.

The upside of Josh Allen is insane! They all have some degree of risk. But Allen could be epic. IMO. And I will stand by my opinion. And protect it. Like a little child. Screaming. Ranting. Crying if necessary. Anything to get my way!

The upside of Josh Allen is insane! They all have some degree of risk. But Allen could be epic. IMO. And I will stand by my opinion. And protect it. Like a little child. Screaming. Ranting. Crying if necessary. Anything to get my way!
any qb that goes to browns will be done in 3 to 4 yr. a rookie is better of coming to dolphins, jets and nyg it better teams to start off from. elways will be putting pressure to win now. so that qb may or may not work out. one of them 4 qb will be good

I've been a Josh Allen fan for awhile. His accuracy can be a concern. Completely understand guys not wanting him because of the possibility that does not improve. But, he would still be my top choice at the moment. Almost everyone is acknowledging it would be good for him to sit and learn for awhile in a system. Could be a perfect setup with the Fins. Tannehill is the QB for awhile, per Gase. Would have a young stud coming up behind him. Similar build to Tannehill as well and somewhat similar styles, just with a bigger arm. Allen also has the edge on personality/leadership I believe. But it will be interesting to see THill this season. His leadership game was stepping up.

If we snagged a guy like Mayfield, I don't see him sitting behind Thill and playing nice. Then again, that might be exactly what we need.

Rosen looks good. Just can't stand the guy. Darnold, I'm just not overly impressed by him. Jackson is a heck of a player, but so much of his game is built around his own run game as well. Those guys usually get chewed up in the NFL and they have to rely more on the passing game. Jackson is lower on that list for me.

We can say who we'd want, and that's the fun part, but if it were an actuality, the FO would defer to Gase on the best qb for his offense.

Have always held out hope for Tanny but if Mayfield is there at 11 and we don’t take him I will kick a ginger in the nuts. Work reference !! lol

Back
Top Bottom