If Rosen Delivers Miami wins the lottery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Rosen Delivers Miami wins the lottery

realdolphin

Starter
Reaction score
Hey Folks just wondering, If Rosen Continues to impress Miami could trade down and have multiple high picks to build around him in 2020. if he regresses next season Miami still has two 1st round picks and two 2nd rounders in 2021 so we could easily take the best QB again. there is no need at all to take a qb with a high pick in 2020. If Rosen develops as our Franchise QB the draft will be like winning the lottery, endless possibilities!

Up to Flores. Rex Ryan chose to live and die with Sanchez, and Ryan “died”. Hue Jackson lived and died with “Not Mayfield” and he died extra hard. We lived or died with Culpepper and the Saints thrived with Brees. Coach and QB lifespans are about the same and very correlated. If Rosen plays about as well as he played Sunday we’ll get another small haul of picks.

Based on what Flores decided in the offseason though, he’s not exactly a big Rosen fan. And that goes against what most fans and “experts” think about our qb situation. Unless Rosen plays shockingly well, Flores will roll with a rookie qb in 2020. Young qbs these days have a penchant for immediate success. If Rosen played like Kyle Allen we’d be losing our f***ing minds. And if Flores drafted him he’d look like the next BB.

Now, is that because of the coach? The qb? The team? I don’t tend to think like one single aspect of this team as the problem in recent years. And i don’t think I’m wrong. There’s issues top to bottom. Especially at the top, and his name his Stephen Ross. After a decade plus, I’m not sure we can build a complete team, and a complete FO, if he is around. If we continue to place all our hopes on a young quarterback we are doomed to fail, and we will collapse as always. We have to nail our offseason for once. 2013 we had a LOT of money and a top 3 draft pick and we made the team *worse*. If we do that again we will have a whole new kind of bad unleashed upon this league.

Last edited:
First off i'm a Rosen guy. I want him to do well but #1 i think it's pretty much a lock we go QB with whatever pick we end up with regardless of how Rosen does.
#2 i keep seeing people post about how "good" he looked............... Did he?
I don't think he looked bad but let's try and remain somewhat reasonable here he didn't look good. I guess our expectations for our QB's are that low?

First off i'm a Rosen guy. I want him to do well but #1 i think it's pretty much a lock we go QB with whatever pick we end up with regardless of how Rosen does.
#2 i keep seeing people post about how "good" he looked............... Did he?
I don't think he looked bad but let's try and remain somewhat reasonable here he didn't look good. I guess our expectations for our QB's are that low?
No way we will actually know what we have with JR until we give him adequate protection and WRs who don’t drop footballs

No way we will actually know what we have with JR until we give him adequate protection and WRs who don’t drop footballs
images

:lol:

Which is why Miami will go QB with that first pick and strengthen the OL through the remainder of the draft and free agency. If Rosen and the rookie develop into starting QBs its a good problem to have.

I used to think a player had to have 2 consecutive good season before being labeled a good player, since throughout the years we've seen so many one hit wonders who were unable to duplicate past season success. However finheaven has changed my opinion on this and from now if any of our players has even 1 good game or 1 bad game I will react accordingly.

Guys I'm rooting for Rosen big time, I understand how great it would be to already have the QB and am not so attached to a 2020 pick that I CAN'T support Rosen like many here. However, let's see him have a good game before we entertain this idea. There is so much more football to see, anyone making the call now is kidding themselves. of course you'll have the SUPER SMART posters who go negative not realizing they're not so smart because playing QB in the NFL is hard and the chances of a guy not working out greatly outweigh the chances of him working out. Here I'll show you:

Mayfield won't work out
Rosen won't work out
Darnold won't work out
Allen won't work out

There my chances of being right about these guys just went way up. I can't wait to be RIGHT.

I been saying this in alot of my Posts. To draft a QB in 2020 is stupid. Rosen is awesome in the pocket and I love his arm. Just get the kid legit weapons and a O Line. If all fails in 2020. We go heavy on Trevor Lawrence or Tua. I heard Tua might finish in Alabama. He might play 4 years, and not come out early.

I been saying this in alot of my Posts. To draft a QB in 2020 is stupid. Rosen is awesome in the pocket and I love his arm. Just get the kid legit weapons and a O Line. If all fails in 2020. We go heavy on Trevor Lawrence or Tua. I heard Tua might finish in Alabama. He might play 4 years, and not come out early.

If Tua does stay for his senior year (which would be a little silly for him IMO, as he is guaranteed #1 pick right now), I would skip 2020 for QBs with our first pick, outside of Jordon Love who could probably be had with one of the other 1st rounders we have. There is no one IMO that has the narrative changing talent at that spot. I've warmed up a little to Jake Fromm but not at the top of this or any other Draft, Herbert's warts are being uncovered more as 2019 continues. Not sure I see anyone who has significantly more potential to dominate in that position than Rosen if Tua holds off till 2021. It'll be a big kick in the delicate area though if he does stay in, because we will be a better team in 2020 and unlikely to be picking #1 again the following year.

I say no matter how good JR looks we should still draft Tua/Love/Fromm. Rebuild the line, and let JR start again next year. The worst that could happen is JR craps the bed but Tua/Love/Fromm get ample time to adjust to NFL. The best case could be JR lights it up and we have a Brees/Rivers situation. I know starting your rookie on day one is the new trend, but look at Mahomes, there were reports that he outplayed Alex Smith his rookie camp, but they still made him watch for a year.

Back
Top Bottom