If Rosen progresses trade the 1st pick for a ransom | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Rosen progresses trade the 1st pick for a ransom

Is Tua going to both throw and catch passes? How many passes were dropped yesterday? No running attack...IMO it's hard to judge him, he has such a dominate team around him. He did not look spectacular in the NC game, his brilliance didn't elevate his team. Nobody succeeds on this team as it is now. I am not sold on Tua.
You know his first real game action that wasn't mop-up duty was in a National Championship in which he won, ya?

PS: 18 carries for 72 yards, a 4.0 average, is a running attack. Maybe they would have gotten to run more if Rosen wasn't throwing passes over guys heads, to the other team, or trying to take safeties in the 2nd half.

Rosen is 6’4” classic pocket passer. Tua is 6’1” and who knows what. I can’t properly judge a guy with wide open NFL caliber receivers, linemen, coaching and no competition. Tua might be a complete bust at the next level. Even Tom Brady hates having guys in his face and breathing down his neck. To think Tua will perform on the worst team (lowest winning record gets him) like he does in what may be the most loaded team in the history of college football is a stretch. I would definitely roll with Rosen and stock up on support. He’s a very good young quarterback.

Bar is so low around here for the QB position. He's started 15 games now. 54.5 % completion percentage. 5.8 yards per attempt. He's got a 12-17 TD to Int ratio. He hasnt thrown over 300 yards in any game. He's only thrown for over 200 yards 5 out of 14 games. 252 Yards being the highest he's thrown for and it took him 40 attempts in that game. He's not good. Far from VERY GOOD.

Rosen is 6’4” classic pocket passer. Tua is 6’1” and who knows what. I can’t properly judge a guy with wide open NFL caliber receivers, linemen, coaching and no competition. Tua might be a complete bust at the next level. Even Tom Brady hates having guys in his face and breathing down his neck. To think Tua will perform on the worst team (lowest winning record gets him) like he does in what may be the most loaded team in the history of college football is a stretch. I would definitely roll with Rosen and stock up on support. He’s a very good young quarterback.
Nice hilarious take for someone that CLEARLY doesn't actually watch college football. Maybe stop piggybacking and then augmenting others points for the sake of hyperbole to prop up a QB who hasn't been very good no matter where he's been.

Most loaded team in the history of college football... what a big LOL.

Bar is so low around here for the QB position. He's started 15 games now. 54.5 % completion percentage. 5.8 yards per attempt. He's got a 12-17 TD to Int ratio. He hasnt thrown over 300 yards in any game. He's only thrown for over 200 yards 5 out of 14 games. 252 Yards being the highest he's thrown for and it took him 40 attempts in that game. He's not good. Far from VERY GOOD.
Name me one QB that looked good behind two of the worst offensive lines and teams in the NFL. You cant fairly judge him with the two shells of a team he has played for.

Name me one QB that looked good behind two of the worst offensive lines and teams in the NFL. You cant fairly judge him with the two shells of a team he has played for.

Well Thill looked better and he had worst lines than what we are trotting out there right now. We see Thill's potential on the bench. The oline has played pretty damn well the past two games.

That's mutually exclusive because a good QB makes their lines and skill position talent look better than what they are.

Rosen has been on the Cardinals and Dolphins, not exactly talent loaded teams and still has 54% completion rate, we have seen the drops. He is a far better quarterback than the stats show. This is what the argument is. Josh Rosen on Alabama would be doing everything Tua is doing. Now what happens when Tua plays for the Cardinals or Dolphins? Better than 54%? Who knows, you do not. I say he does worse than Josh. Josh is a better quarterback. When the talent around him improves, so will he.

Rosen has been on the Cardinals and Dolphins, not exactly talent loaded teams and still has 54% completion rate, we have seen the drops. He is a far better quarterback than the stats show. This is what the argument is. Josh Rosen on Alabama would be doing everything Tua is doing. Now what happens when Tua plays for the Cardinals or Dolphins? Better than 54%? Who knows, you do not. I say he does worse than Josh. Josh is a better quarterback. When the talent around him improves, so will he.

He threw for 12 yards in the second half yesterday. In a game we were getting beat. He couldnt even pick up garbage time stats. Im pretty sure Tua could have done better. not a very tall ask. And no Rosen isnt doing what Tua is doing in college. He had his chance in the PAC 12. It wasnt even close to the production Tua is putting up.

Tua
Adjusted Yards per Attempt - 12.8
TDs 71
Ints 8
Rating 201.8
Completion % - 70%
Attempts - 544

Rosen
Adjusted Yards per Attempt - 8.0
TDs - 59
Ints - 26
Rating - 140
Completion % - 60%
Attempts - 1170

12 more TDs on 600 less attempts. Higher completion %. 33% higher yards per attempt. This isnt even a competition. To Rosen's defense, comparing Tua to any QB is unfair. He on a historic pace. Im not even gonna get on the SEC defenses vs. Pac 12 defenses debate.

Bama has good receivers but they arent that good to make up that production haha Tua has 6 more TDs in from the last time this was posted BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
This ^^

Tannehill has been on the Dolphins and Titans, not exactly talent loaded teams and still has 62.8% completion rate, we have seen the drops. He is a far better quarterback than the stats show. This is what the argument is. Ryan Tannehill on Alabama would be doing everything Tua is doing. Now what happens when Tua plays for the Dolphins or Titans? Better than 62.8%? Who knows, you do not. I say he does worse than Ryan. Ryan is a better quarterback. When the talent around him improves, so will he.

Tannehill has been on the Dolphins and Titans, not exactly talent loaded teams and still has 62.8% completion rate, we have seen the drops. He is a far better quarterback than the stats show. This is what the argument is. Ryan Tannehill on Alabama would be doing everything Tua is doing. Now what happens when Tua plays for the Dolphins or Titans? Better than 62.8%? Who knows, you do not. I say he does worse than Ryan. Ryan is a better quarterback. When the talent around him improves, so will he.
The only difference is that Rosen has played his career on 2 historically bad teams. Again, show me any QB from present or past that would do any more than marginally better than Rosen performing with hot garbage.

The only difference is that Rosen has played his career on 2 historically bad teams. Again, show me any QB from present or past that would do any more than marginally better than Rosen performing with hot garbage.
You keep saying this, but how was Arizona a "historically bad team"? They went 3-13. Nobody in football history will ever think of that team when talking about the worst teams of all-time.

You're showing your subjectivity.

You know his first real game action that wasn't mop-up duty was in a National Championship in which he won, ya?

PS: 18 carries for 72 yards, a 4.0 average, is a running attack. Maybe they would have gotten to run more if Rosen wasn't throwing passes over guys heads, to the other team, or trying to take safeties in the 2nd half.
He won 't run for long in the NFL...

You keep saying this, but how was Arizona a "historically bad team"? They went 3-13. Nobody in football history will ever think of that team when talking about the worst teams of all-time.

You're showing your subjectivity.
If you inserted Rosen right now on the chiefs, patriots, cowboys, ect... he would take any of those teams deep in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom