If Rosen progresses trade the 1st pick for a ransom | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Rosen progresses trade the 1st pick for a ransom

If you inserted Rosen right now on the chiefs, patriots, cowboys, ect... he would take any of those teams deep in the playoffs.
The dude couldn't even win games in college, but now he's going to win take teams deep into the playoffs with a QB rating that shows he's a bust so far in his career?

This is really your idea of getting your point across? Make believe? Come on, dude. That's super cringy. I'm sure you could do better than that.

If you inserted Rosen right now on the chiefs, patriots, cowboys, ect... he would take any of those teams deep in the playoffs.

Chiefs....No. Patriots. Yes. Cowboys. Probably not.

We just need the number one defense in the NFL and Bill belicheck to make Rosen a playoff QB.

Well Thill looked better and he had worst lines than what we are trotting out there right now. We see Thill's potential on the bench. The oline has played pretty damn well the past two games.

This line is not better than what RT played behind, and it isn't even debatable to any rational person.

Perhaps by season's end, they may be, but the first two weeks we, literally, had guys that came in off the street, and barely had any practice time as a unit, let along actual game experience together.

In order to have a cohesive O-line, guys have to have time together. You know better than to make a statement like that. I guess it comes from either frustration, agenda or both.

I've read many of your posts, and though I don't usually agree with your opinions, you usually have good knowledge of what you are talking about.

The dude couldn't even win games in college, but now he's going to win take teams deep into the playoffs with a QB rating that shows he's a bust so far in his career?

This is really your idea of getting your point across? Make believe? Come on, dude. That's super cringy. I'm sure you could do better than that.
Ok I'm exaggerating here but I'm just trying to state he has never really been given a fair opportunity. The rest is really a guessing game. He might be average or be great.

Nice hilarious take for someone that CLEARLY doesn't actually watch college football. Maybe stop piggybacking and then augmenting others points for the sake of hyperbole to prop up a QB who hasn't been very good no matter where he's been.

Most loaded team in the history of college football... what a big LOL.
This take is one of the more annoying ones, just cause it is Bama doesn’t mean we are smooth sailing at every position. I also understand that this take is from the people who clearly don’t watch college

This line is not better than what RT played behind, and it isn't even debatable to any rational person.

Perhaps by season's end, they may be, but the first two weeks we, literally, had guys that came in off the street, and barely had any practice time as a unit, let along actual game experience together.

In order to have a cohesive O-line, guys have to have time together. You know better than to make a statement like that. I guess it comes from either frustration, agenda or both.

I've read many of your posts, and though I don't usually agree with your opinions, you usually have good knowledge of what you are talking about.

We have had more talented olines but the last two games I have seen pretty good oline play. Is it a top 10 unit? no but I have been very impressed with what this oline coach has done with the talent (or lack of it). Been really impressed. We were taking it to the Chargers Dline for the first three quarters.

Rosen is 6’4” classic pocket passer. Tua is 6’1” and who knows what. I can’t properly judge a guy with wide open NFL caliber receivers, linemen, coaching and no competition. Tua might be a complete bust at the next level. Even Tom Brady hates having guys in his face and breathing down his neck. To think Tua will perform on the worst team (lowest winning record gets him) like he does in what may be the most loaded team in the history of college football is a stretch. I would definitely roll with Rosen and stock up on support. He’s a very good young quarterback.

Runningback:

Jamal Lewis - 1st round (5th overall)

James Stewart - 1st round (19th overall)

Travis Henry - 2nd round (58th overall)

Jay Graham - 3rd round (64th overall)

Shaun Bryson - 3rd round (86th overall)

Aaron Hayden - 4th round (104th overall)

Travis Stephens - 4th round (119th overall)

Wide Receiver:

Marcus Nash - 1st round (30th overall)

Joey Kent - 2nd round (46th overall)

Peerless Price - 2nd round (53rd overall)

Cedrick Wilson - 6th round (169th overall)

Nilo Silvan - 6th round (180th overall)

David Martin - 6th round (198th overall)

Andy McCullough - 7th round (204th overall)

Billy Williams - 7th round (212th overall)

Offensive Line:

Chad Clifton - 2nd round (44th overall)

Jason Layman - 2nd round (48th overall)

Cosey Coleman - 2nd round (51st overall)

Eli Herring - 6th round (190th overall)

Trey Teague - 7th round (200th overall)

Leslie Ratliff - 7th round (213th overall)

Jeff Smith - 7th round (241st overall)

Defensive Line:

Shaun Ellis - 1st round (12th overall)

Leonard Little - 3rd round (65th overall)

Darwin Walker - 3rd round (71st overall)

Jonathan Brown - 3rd round (90th overall)

Shane Burton - 5th round (150th overall)

Steve White - 6th round (194th overall)

Corey Terry - 7th round (250th overall)

Linebacker:

Al Wilson - 1st round (31st overall)

Raynoch Thompson - 2nd round (41st overall)

Eric Westmoreland - 3rd round (73rd overall)

Ben Talley - 4th round (133rd overall)

Scott Galyon - 6th round (182nd overall)

Defensive Back:

Terry Fair - 1st round (20th overall)

Ron Davis - 2nd round (41st overall)

Dwayne Goodrich - 2nd round (49th overall)

DeRon Jenkins - 2nd round (55th overall)

Deon Grant - 2nd round (57th overall)

Ray Austin - 5th round (145th overall)

Steve Johnson - 6th round (170th overall)

Corey Gaines - 7th round (231st overall)

Those Tennessee teams Peyton Manning played on were pretty stacked. I don't understand this assertion that a quarterback has to play with no talent in order to be able to identify whether or not he can play the position.

Those Tennessee teams Peyton Manning played on were pretty stacked. I don't understand this assertion that a quarterback has to play with no talent in order to be able to identify whether or not he can play the position.
If everybody on an offense looks great, you can be pretty sure that the QB is doing his job correctly and vice versa.

I see. So Tua gets three, but Rosen is trash after one?

Seems like an inconsistent thought process. What happened to "move on, if we don't see immediate results"?
Not at all. I didn’t say Rosen is done. I said either you draft Tua or you trade the pick for a ton. You do not draft anyone else at #1. The Draft is about value and Tua is the only player with that value in this draft. Personally, I’m with you. I’d like to see what Rosen could do with a real team in front of him.

Last edited:
Not at all. I didn’t say Rosen is done. I said either you draft Tua or you trade the pick for a ton. You do not draft anyone else at #1. The Draft is about value and Tua is the only player with that value in this draft. Personally, I’m with you. I’d like to see what Rosen could do with a real team in front of him.
I completely understand that position, but I don't rate Tua as highly as some.

If we take him, I'm not going to piss and moan. I'll trust that the staff has done a lot more homework than have I.

I'm just not going to dismiss the possibility if trading down. If Grier and the gang think there are other top QBs that fit just as well, It would essentially be a free pick, considering what we would get in return.

I completely understand that position, but I don't rate Tua as highly as some.

If we take him, I'm not going to piss and moan. I'll trust that the staff has done a lot more homework than have I.

I'm just not going to dismiss the possibility if trading down. If Grier and the gang think there are other top QBs that fit just as well, It would essentially be a free pick, considering what we would get in return.
What homework have you done? Curious of your perceived negatives

The Dolphins hedged their bets with Rosen. But how could Miami essentially pass on a Franchise Type QB in Tua, if he's available or Miami eventually selects #1 overall? It's a good problem to have. In theory it be a terrific situation to hold the #1 overall pick and NOT Need a QB. Trading that off for a huge bounty would do absolutely wonders for a team that's rebuilding. There is no doubt Rosen has shown some solid traits; but, are they enough to give Miami certainty in not selecting Tua with the potential #1 pick. At this moment I don't think he's done enough.

Best 2 traits I’ve seen from rosen are how natural a passer he is and how well he feels backside pressure.

Really has a feel for backside imminent danger

^^^ I wish he had better pocket movement to go along with that natural feel of pressure tho.

Back
Top Bottom