If Rosen progresses trade the 1st pick for a ransom | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Rosen progresses trade the 1st pick for a ransom

The scoreboard is my problem.
Not saying Rosen has been consistently stellar, but that's (the score) not on him.

How many wins do you think Tua has so far this year, with this team?

Serious question, that doesn't require qualifiers to answer.

Last edited:
Rosen is playing like an all pro. Definitely going to get us 6 or 7 wins this year. I knew this kid would be a star
You’ve gotta be kidding me, some posters are going to be in awe next year when they actually see Tua

There you go, Rosen finally makes a bad throw, I’m sure your thrilled.

LOL.

Rosen is the best player on the team for a second consecutive week but ya he can’t slow down Rivers. He can’t block. He can’t kick FGs. He can’t cover.

You guys seem incapable of differentiating between someone cheering for failure and someone accepting the reality of the situation. Acknowledging we suck isn’t the same as hoping for it. I know it might upset you all that some of us have already resigned ourselves to this fact, but it’s the truth of the matter.

If we were losing a shoot out to this team, your post would have merit. But “All-Pro” Josh Rosen has put up 10 point. That is literally what he is held accountable for.

We all know he doesn’t have much around him this season. But we all went in saying that in order to justify passing on a potential generational talent in Tua, Rosen would need to blow us away. What part of 10 points is blowing us away?

You can't blame Rosen entirely, but how do you justify passing on Tua who is considered a better prospect and special by a lot people by only two games where we didn't even score that much?

You guys seem incapable of differentiating between someone cheering for failure and someone accepting the reality of the situation. Acknowledging we suck isn’t the same as hoping for it. I know it might upset you all that some of us have already resigned ourselves to this fact, but it’s the truth of the matter.

If we were losing a shoot out to this team, your post would have merit. But “All-Pro” Josh Rosen has put up 10 point. That is literally what he is held accountable for.

We all know he doesn’t have much around him this season. But we all went in saying that in order to justify passing on a potential generational talent in Tua, Rosen would need to blow us away. What part of 10 points is blowing us away?

How in the hell is a young QB going to blow anyone away on a historically bad team?

This isn’t a case of him just being on a bad 3 or 4 win team.

Tua has nothing to do with the evaluation of Josh Rosen’s first 17 pass attempts.

If you think the wheels falling off at the end somehow discredits what he was able to do than more power to you.

Ok so he had no chance to begin with. That doesn’t mean he didn’t play very well given the circumstances.

Offense keeps improving and I think some people are getting concerned we might win a few games.

The horror.

You can't blame Rosen entirely, but how do you justify passing on Tua who is considered a better prospect and special by a lot people by only two games where we didn't even score that much?

This is my concern as well. The guy has absolutely played much better than he did last season and with a solid team around him, could find a sustained level of success. But 16 points over 2 games is enough to pass on a generational talent? That’s nonsense.

How many TD's would Rosen have against that Ole Miss defense throwing to Jeudy, Smith and Ruggs? How would Tua have done against the Chargers defense today? Tua is a good QB, the disconnect for me is when he's called a generational talent. All the hype around this guy is just too much- I'm still very much for seeing what Rosen can do this year and how he can progress with a better supporting cast. Ps it would be nice to see Gisiecki actually do something this year.

This is my concern as well. The guy has absolutely played much better than he did last season and with a solid team around him, could find a sustained level of success. But 16 points over 2 games is enough to pass on a generational talent? That’s nonsense.
right now we can roll with both next year and a much better team and see how it works out.

How in the hell is a young QB going to blow anyone away on a historically bad team?

This isn’t a case of him just being on a bad 3 or 4 win team.

Tua has nothing to do with the evaluation of Josh Rosen’s first 17 pass attempts.

If you think the wheels falling off at the end somehow discredits what he was able to do than more power to you.

Ok so he had no chance to begin with. That doesn’t mean he didn’t play very well given the circumstances.

Offense keeps improving and I think some people are getting concerned we might win a few games.

The horror.

Aren’t you tired of this shtick after 6 years of waiting for Tannehill? It was always “next season it’s going to finally click” and we were excited and waiting for him to explode onto the scene. I’m included in that, too. I kept expecting that he was just a season away and had no interest in drafting his replacement, instead advocating for more pieces around him. Played well given the circumstances is fair, but it’s not enough anymore. Maybe it’s not fair, but we deserve more.

And hell yes I’m happy for a loss. 12 more games until we can FINALLY get our replacement for Marino.

Exactly. I like Rosen and I think he will be pretty successful with a good team around him, but Tua is a better prospect and we aren't often picking this high in the draft. This opportunity doesn't come often. They have to pull the trigger on the guy who could be special. The only way we're not doing this is if Rosen goes on a tear, which is unrealistic with this team.

I originally felt the same as the OP but saw the light yesterday when Tua was lighting the defense up.

Judge people by body of work, not a quarter, half, single game. Rosen has showed promise in 2 games, but he's still good for at least 1 bad throw a game. I don't expect more than what he's given so far though. Mayfield, Allen, Darnold all have their bad throws too.
1 bad throw a game? That’s your criticism? Lol.

You don’t make these stupid comments if you have watched the games.

Back
Top Bottom