If Sewell is there at 6 I think he is the pick. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Sewell is there at 6 I think he is the pick.

Just like Dan Marino, guess we don't need a QB.
Just like the most ridiculous CB tandem ever Surtain and Madison, guess we don't need CBS either.
Your logic is flawless.
Let's dial it down to where you think your logic applies.

What was the average offensive ranking of the Dolphins during Long's years instead? Sure, blaming him for no championships is silly, but how about his role on an offense to make it effective. How much did Tunsil help Houston's offense?

I'm sure you'll find that his point isn't as far off as you think.

You sit are right about that but you originally mentioned “quite a few mocks” and “sliding to the end of the first” both which may be less than accurate.

I never said "sliding to the end of the first" like you quoted me as saying. You should be more careful when you use quotes...

Only our fanbase could trade away an OT that despite being one of the best in the league didn't do much to move the needle on our offense or the offense that he went to, luck out and get a higher pick than anticipated for him... and then want to turn around and spend the pick on another tackle.

When do you guys learn your lesson?
it's a little different when one of the many picks you got for the first tackle is used to pick the second tackle (in your example).

not that i'm advocating it. sewell would just be one of the many bounties from the Trade of the Tunsil.

Sewell at 6 and Paye or Phillips at 18 and I will sleep well Thursday night. They can draft a WR, RB, and center with their next three picks.

Let's dial it down to where you think your logic applies.

What was the average offensive ranking of the Dolphins during Long's years instead? Sure, blaming him for no championships is silly, but how about his role on an offense to make it effective. How much did Tunsil help Houston's offense?

I'm sure you'll find that his point isn't as far off as you think.
You do realize they can draft Sewell at 6 and still select a WR and RB in the top 50 picks? Just because they select the best offensive tackle in the draft doesn’t mean they won’t also upgrade the skill position players on offense.

It just means they likely won’t be able to draft one of the top 3 WR’s or Pitts but there are suppose to be some very talented WR’s who will still be available through the first two rounds.

You do realize they can draft Sewell at 6 and still select a WR and RB in the top 50 picks? Just because they select the best offensive tackle in the draft doesn’t mean they won’t also upgrade the skill position players on offense.

It just means they likely won’t be able to draft one of the top 3 WR’s or Pitts but there are suppose to be some very talented WR’s who will still be available through the first two rounds.

Chase
Smith
Waddle

Bateman
Marshall
E. Moore

DROP

Brown
St. Brown
Tony
Wallace

I put them in alphabetical order within each tier to focus on the point. You're sacrificing something going from Tier 1 to Tier 2, but once you get beyond Tier 2, you're not adding anyone you can count on and get particularly excited about.

They can. I'm just arguing it's a misuse of capital and prioritization.

In the same vain they could take a tackle later in the draft after a pass catcher at 6.

Having time to throw doesn't turn a bad WR into a good one. You need to take the talent that makes people pay for not getting to the QB in time.

Back
Top Bottom