If Sewell is there at 6 I think he is the pick. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Sewell is there at 6 I think he is the pick.

The edge rushers are weak in this draft and all question marks. Harris is a 1000 yard back, a 60 catch receiver and a top 10 talent in this draft. They can't do a Taylor screw up again.
I cannot argue with that but I still think it depends on who is there at 18. If Parsons is there and the character checks out, I’d cringe at passing on that type of talent. But the pure fan in me would love Harris.

If I were a GM, I would draft an OLine in every draft. Now, how high? That would depend.
But with 2 firsts, I have no beef with using 18 on Tevin Jenkins, or if we would somehow swing, say, Pitts/Parsons in the first, go Oline at 36 with Creed Humphrey, something like that.
I am a believer in getting need areas filled, but at the same time, when possible, addressing all the different areas on the team.
Now, if you are piece or two away from a Super Bowl contender, that's different too, but maybe you got to be that piece away by consistently drafting all areas of the team.
I don't like Sewell so much at 6 because he hasn't played right tackle. If you want a right tackle, draft one- Jenkins, Brown from Northern Iowa has been mentioned, and there is Mayfield from Michigan. I don't know enough about Mayfield to comment, but those are three RT's that we could look at before trying to make a guy switch spots AND passing on elite pass catchers.

You don’t have to worry about Sewell playing RT, that is where he played in HS and has been training at both Left and Right during 2020 to improve his positional flexibility.

You don’t have to worry about Sewell playing RT, that is where he played in HS and has been training at both Left and Right during 2020 to improve his positional flexibility.

None of that makes me confident he can at RT at an NFL level well.

How about an elite set of tools and athletic ability?

That means more to me. That said I think its a weak year for OT at the top and that every year there are 2-3 prospects comparable to Sewell.

Again though, I won't hate taking him there are just other players if prefer.

Screw that going Oline first, we need play makers and Tua needs to throw these
guys open (haha) instead of waiting tell there open.

Screw that going Oline first, we need play makers and Tua needs to throw these
guys open (haha) instead of waiting tell there open.

More than that. He needs to recognize that open for large receivers isn't the same as open for smaller guys.

Big wide outs have a natural built in "room for error" on the throw and need less space.

Its why Parker looks great when healthy with Fitz.

The Miami Dolphins trade flowers to Washington. Before that they signed Fluker I believe they signed Fluker as depth if Sewell doesn’t fall to then to compete with a lesser known name they might have to take later in the draft. Taking Sewell and then moving a few pieces to their true positions would make the Miami Dolphins offensive line formidable.

We learn nothing from Long? Playmakers early trenches later on

Back
Top Bottom