If Sewell is there at 6 I think he is the pick. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Sewell is there at 6 I think he is the pick.

I mean sure you can find an elite WR in later rounds. Do you trust Grier to find one there?

Off topic but there are plenty of high talent wideouts in R2 and R3 that would fit very well in the fins schemes.

I'd like to see us trade down with Denver for at least their 2nd round pick. We can still get Sewell, Smith, or Waddle at 9, then we would have even more ammo to trade up from 18 if there's a player we really like, like Parsons. (that's only if Pitts or Chase isn't there at 6)

People need to stop bringing up the Chiefs. They were entirely incompetent at OT in the Superbowl on both sides.

There is a wide chasm between incompetent and elite, they weren't elite on the line the year before just not incompetent.

Their failure in no way means we need 5 early round picks on the line. Let alone to take another OT @ #6.

Off topic but there are plenty of high talent wideouts in R2 and R3 that would fit very well in the fins schemes.
I feel like good corn feed should be easier to find in later rounds than elite skill players in later rounds. But we know Miami has had issues in the entire draft finding decent corn feed so who knows.

I feel like good corn feed should be easier to find in later rounds than elite skill players in later rounds. But we know Miami has had issues in the entire draft finding decent corn feed so who knows.
Its possible for sure. There are a couple other tackles I like as well. All I am saying is if there is an elite level god tackle that is sitting there at #6, you dont even hesitate to take him. I'm happy with Pitts, Smith, Chase, Sewell, Waddle, all of them at 6. I just dont understand why, if Sewell is there at 6 you wouldnt take him first. I am still waiting to hear why Sewell himself is a bad pick and not this, we already drafted OL so we dont need to address it anymore. The Dolphins OL was okay, but not great last year. The two glaring problems they had was giving QB protection time (which fortunately Tua could scramble and Fitz could recognize quickly) and two run blocking. Our run game was so piss poor miserable, yet it was about 80% OL blocking and 20% RB skill. Solidify the LT slot with Sewell and pickup Williams/Harris at 18 to punch the gaps and screens created by him.

As far as missing the elite WR talent you are talking about, we have multiple trade options to get back into the top 10 if SWCP (yeah I did that) are high targets.

Its possible for sure. There are a couple other tackles I like as well. All I am saying is if there is an elite level god tackle that is sitting there at #6, you dont even hesitate to take him. I'm happy with Pitts, Smith, Chase, Sewell, Waddle, all of them at 6. I just dont understand why, if Sewell is there at 6 you wouldnt take him first. I am still waiting to hear why Sewell himself is a bad pick and not this, we already drafted OL so we dont need to address it anymore. The Dolphins OL was okay, but not great last year. The two glaring problems they had was giving QB protection time (which fortunately Tua could scramble and Fitz could recognize quickly) and two run blocking. Our run game was so piss poor miserable, yet it was about 80% OL blocking and 20% RB skill. Solidify the LT slot with Sewell and pickup Williams/Harris at 18 to punch the gaps and screens created by him.

As far as missing the elite WR talent you are talking about, we have multiple trade options to get back into the top 10 if SWCP (yeah I did that) are high targets.

I think you're overeating the type of OT Sewell is.

He's a potential 10+ year starter but he's not an elite prospect who seems like a top 5 to 10 OT in the NFL.

I haven't really heard anyone call him a generational talent or anything close.

I think you're overeating the type of OT Sewell is.

He's a potential 10+ year starter but he's not an elite prospect who seems like a top 5 to 10 OT in the NFL.

I haven't really heard anyone call him a generational talent or anything close.
I don't think I am and nor do any analysts that I have seen. Not an elite prospect? Could you back that statement up with some support?

And as far as anyone not calling him a generational talent (although that phrase is really stupid to me) just watch this film. The guy is ridiculous.

It may be moot as Cincy is probably going to scoop him though.

I don't think I am and nor do any analysts that I have seen. Not an elite prospect? Could you back that statement up with some support?

And as far as anyone not calling him a generational talent (although that phrase is really stupid to me) just watch this film. The guy is ridiculous.

It may be moot as Cincy is probably going to scoop him though.

I didn't say he wasn't a top prospect, I said he isn't a top 5 to 10 NFL OT type of talent. He doesn't even grade out as high as Tunsil did as far as on the field goes.

Every year there is a Sewell is my point. Even this year some think Slater is a much better prospect.

Would you draft a right tackle that high? Most teams would never draft a RT that high.

You can get RT later at value, because most teams don't have a left-handed QB.

It also isn't easy to transition from one side of the line to the other, it's like wiping your ass with your left hand, you can do it, but it's awkward.

Don't draft a natural LT and move him to RT, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

For us RT is more important than LT.

I didn't say he wasn't a top prospect, I said he isn't a top 5 to 10 NFL OT type of talent. He doesn't even grade out as high as Tunsil did as far as on the field goes.

Every year there is a Sewell is my point. Even this year some think Slater is a much better prospect.
Well, you said he wasnt an elite prospect, which is what I commented on and disagree with, but its all good! Slater is fantastic as well, the problem is we need a trade down to get him and that gets a little dicey.

The Flowers trade has nothing to do with Sewell. I think the plan is to move Kinsley to his natural spot. The vet, whether it be Flowers or Fluker will be a spot starter/swing guy who might have to play RT until our rookie is ready. And Flowers has proven he sucks at T. So I do think we are drafting a RT but not at 6.

Well, you said he wasnt an elite prospect, which is what I commented on and disagree with, but its all good! Slater is fantastic as well, the problem is we need a trade down to get him and that gets a little dicey.

Fair enough, I should also say I won't hate if we draft Sewell I just dont think its the best use of resources currently.

I don't think having an elite OT vs an above average one is really that much of a gain on a unit that requires all 5 players to be cohesive on every play. Its a unit where the parts should be greater than the whole.

In other words I think you can find a good enough or even great OT a little later where you're less likely to find an impact skill position.

OT's are worth a lot more to coaches and GM's than they are to casual fans.........thank god.

There is a big difference between finding an adequate RT later in the draft and landing a potentially dominant RT that can single handily make plays happen with his freakish talent.

No one comes out of the womb a natural LT. They are usually placed there based on their physical traits.

I know Tua has his Bama buddies he'd love to be re-united with (even though one of them prefers Mac Jones) pretty sure with those cultural ties Tua and Sewell would be a natural friendship. I could see Sewell protecting Tua on and off the field.

I don't think you'd find an offensive player on our roster (non OL) that wouldn't take Sewell. Sure some of that would be bias towards potentially losing a job. Which is why my survey is conducted with a lie detector machine (pretending the NFLPA didn't exist) .

Nothing can ruin my anticipation right now, there is no prospect we will consider that I don't love. I just know which one's Id prefer if I was the QB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom