If The Fins Are Going To "tank"...then Why Not *really* Tank? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If The Fins Are Going To "tank"...then Why Not *really* Tank?

Exactly. We're not tanking, we're simply going to do things the way they are meant to be done instead trying to fix everything in one go. Dolphin fans need to understand it's a new way of doing things. Our past approach has been to make splashy moves to get the fan base excited. Just because we don't make those moves anymore doesn't mean we're not trying to win. We need to get used to the fact that less flashiness doesn't mean worse, it means better.
I, for one, like what's going on, and am more excited .and optimistic than I have been in a long time.

I'm not thrilled with our prospects as far as wins next season, but it will be fun to, hopefully, see my team grow, and begin to excell in the near future.

It's not easier, it's just lazy. The Dolphins are clearly rebuilding yet people prefer to incorrectly refer to it as tanking.

Please feel free to start a thread about the appropriate level of effort you feel should be used to describe the Dolphins plans over the next several years.

Here's what I'm having trouble with in my head...the following two things are true in my head - please feel free to mention any of these things I am getting wrong:

1) The Miami Dolphins are, by most reports, planning a tear down and rebuild, with an eye on getting a QB for the future.

2) The new HC has been given a five-year contract, meaning that the INTENT is to give him a five-year window in which to accomplish #1 and make the franchise one that can compete for a championship.

Now - here are two opinions of mine. Agree with them or not, but I think the second one is the more important.

1) I do not believe that Tua is a huge upgrade over Murray. I just don't. So if the goal is to get the QB of the future in the next two years, I don't see mortgaging future picks for Tua as a wise decision, particularly if Murray is available at 13 in 2019. If the pro-Murray crowd is correct, great. If they're wrong, then they haven't exhausted picks in 2019 and 2020 to otherwise help the rebuild.

This isn't an intent to spark a Murray vs. Tua debate - I'm sure plenty of that will happen as the draft gets closer. Because MUCH of this debate is generally made moot by:

2) I believe the brass ring of the QB search is Taylor Lawrence. I think he's going to be better than Murray OR Tua. If you disagree with me here, there's not a whole not of point debating this premise, then, because we'll just have to agree to disagree. I haven't seen a whole lot of flaws in the kid...he misses a few reads, but that's about it, and that's when I'm specifically looking for flaws. In my opinion, he's the best prospect since Luck.

So if the Dolphins are really going to tear it down and build for the future, are you willing to wait one more year to get the best QB? I know I am...if you're really gonna tear it down, trade any possible asset for future picks, draft on both lines for the next two drafts, and do whatever it takes to get Lawrence. Get it right this time.

Thoughts?
Lol. The majority of folks on this board dont even have the patience to "Tank for Tua". There is zero chance that they have the patience to wait for Lawrence. Timing is everything. I think our qb of the future will be either Tua or Herbert. Then again, there could be a wild card prospect for the 2020 draft that isn't even on our radar right now.

Last edited:
It wont shock me if Miami somehow gets Murray.

It wont shock me if Miami drafts Fromm or Herbert or even Tua.

It wont shock me to see them maybe get Lawrence.

When a team needs a qb desperately, they make moves to get that qb. Miami needs one, so don't be surprised when we actually trade up to go get one or we draft one in the top 5. Its going to happen now its just a matter of when itll take place.

If you want to get Trevor Lawrence, the best bet is to sign a QB like Bridgewater to be that stop gap player. Maybe he pans out and you don't need to draft a QB, but if he sucks, you have your answer and can draft Lawrence in two years.

Back
Top Bottom