If Tua is the pick do you draft 2 QBs this year due to health? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tua is the pick do you draft 2 QBs this year due to health?

Here let me dumb it down

Student has straight A’s for 10 years then on his last report card he gets to Ds - what is his history and what is his recent history

Does that help you understand the difference between history and recent history??
Here, let me dumb it down for you, oh sarcastic one.

If the student in question had a traumatic brain injury between the A's and D's, it could be a sign that regression to the mean is unlikely.

Rosen looks putrid so far. I couldn't;t

Rosen can't be a quality starter for a prolonged period if Tua gets hurt. Change my mind please.

Rosen's problems are mental. You can improve upon that with practice and experience. Some people pick things up faster than others. And yes, he may never get there. Personally I was never a fan and think he's a bust. But the talent is there, he can make great throws. It's not impossible that he turns into a good QB.

Like others have said, thats what Rosen is for essentially. Even if he hasnt show much progress yet, its ok- he will still probably be better than anyone we draft on day 3. With that said, I wouldn't at all mind adding a late round qb to the roster to try to develop, someone like Khalil Tate or Ian Book (the ND homer in me)

Right. So, the point is, that almost every team in the league over the last four years has learned in spades that they are only as good as their backup QB. If we are drafting Tua, we're drafting someone that has a hard time staying healthy. We also have the most picks in NFL Draft history or something close. So, we would be doing something different by doing it no doubt, bu the point would be we have two starters to ensure consistency with Tua as the alpha.

I admit it's different and I'm merely posing it as a concept. OR we can instead talk about the excitement that is our QB coach hiring...
To your point, Washington took Cousins in the 3rd round the year they traded 8 billion picks for RG3. Unfortunately for them Cousins had an ego bigger than his production and they lost him for a huge contract they didn't want to pay him, much like what happened to us with Landry, but the fact remains that it was a good strategy for them.

The way i see it, Rosen didnt start against the Bengals because the coaches know he isnt the guy.

Coach says "hes developing"..

Uhh? He played football his whole life, started at UCLA, and was a 1st round pick.

Can i go to work today and sit around doing nothing because "im developing for 3 years". No, i gotta do my job.

Rosen clearly isnt the guy.

Do you not get better at your job the longer you do it?

Right, so new thoughts are shunned and we're only supposed to do what everyone else does. Sounds innovative.

Or, new thoughts aren't really new. They've been considered, evaluated, and dropped. Surely you don't think those concepts have been overlooked by 32 teams over 20 years

Possibly, unless you think Rosen can be a capable backup. I know there are a lot of grumblings about giving up a #2 for Rosen, but if he's at least a good backup that could help Miami down the road.

We get it! Sum of the meme = Tua is
rock solid reliable and the only time
he gets injured is during these "freak
accidents" known as tackles!

Easy peasy. In the PROs if he never
gets tackled he's going to be super
cala fragilistic expialidocious!
That is completely the opposite of what the meme means.

Been in the sauce early today BNF?

So once in 20 years by 32 teams. I suppose you know which of us the data indicates is the realist
Apples and oranges. There haven't been many examples because usually the QB that the team is drafting high is healthy enough to where the team doesn't need to hedge their bets based solely on that. This is a rare example where a potential franchise guy is sitting there staring you in the face that is only there because of health concerns.

I mean, how many times over the last 20 years has a QB been drafted high that was fully expected to sit for an entire year?

Originally I was a yes, but I’m a no now. See how Tua progresses. If something happens you may be in position to draft one of the top guys in 2021.

Not to mention the fact that it really didn't work out all that well for Washington.
They were unlucky. Minnesota decided to step in and give the worst contract in the league to Cousins and they weren't stupid enough to match it.

Back
Top Bottom