If We Beat The Bengals.... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If We Beat The Bengals....

I warned you about us losing in Foxboro. We're going to lose in Cincinnati now. Just embrace it.
Impressive prediction. To lose to the possible GOAT HC and GOAT QB pairing, in their home stadium where they're pretty much never beaten, and they're a home favourite ... I'm astounded you managed to predict that. Well done. You should be on TV.

I predict win or lose it will be a weeks worth of negative one liner posts from DefensiveEnd76.

I have heard him bitch about "physical" and "tough" for what seems like before Gore invented the internet. He adds nothing to the conversation, except the usual "Dolphins will get run over for 60 minutes. They arent tough enough"

Our edge players have not exactly gone up against world beaters in the past 4 games and have only 4 sacks with 2 more coming from the interior. Two of those sacks left with Hayes and 1 with Phillips. Wake did have one sack called back but everyone also thought he had favorable match-ups every week. Same for Quinn in 3 of the 4.

They played Lewan (who got knocked out playing defense) and a backup RT in week 1. Brandon Shell and Kelvin Beachum in week 2. Kolton Miller and Donald Penn in week 3. Trent Brown & Marcus Cannon in week 4.

Hayes - 1 sack vs Jets, 1 vs Oakland
Wake - 1 vs Oak (now injured)
Quinn - 1 vs Jets

Not sure what is going on with these guys but hopefully the sacks will start to appear. So far it looks like Woodard is our 3rd best DE. Wondering if Malveaux will kick inside at times. 6'5 277. (Hayes was 6'3 272).

I have heard him bitch about "physical" and "tough" for what seems like before Gore invented the internet. He adds nothing to the conversation, except the usual "Dolphins will get run over for 60 minutes. They arent tough enough"

My favorite was a post about how the crack of the pads sounded different when a Steelers player hits somebody vs a fins player. One of the many Finheaven posts I won't forget.

Wait, who are you (joined September 18th with 12 messages). An old friend under a different name lol. How do you know any posters here with 12 messages?

No. You talk football. I have no problem debating the subject. I just profoundly disagree with your latest bubble wrap explanation of the debacle in Foxborough.
Cool. I always enjoy these debates as well.

We only have one more divisional away game, and we're still on track to go 10-6, which was my pre-season prediction. It's going to be tough with the game at perennial contender New England followed by one at AFC North leading Cincinnati, and then hosting NFC North leading Chicago. I had us losing 2 of those 3, but we could lose all 3 very easily. IMHO, this is our toughest stretch, so I will not be that surprised if we slide back to 3-3 and still make 10-6 by season's end. It's about how many we win … not how close we lose the ones we lose, so winning the close ones are key, IMHO. Not wasting your resources on lost causes is a valid strategy.

Yes, we have, in some ways, similar offensive fire power to the Chiefs. The difference is that Mahomes is giving them excellent QB play. Tannehill has been pretty good. The difference between excellent and very good is probably 2 or 3 wins a year. The Chiefs will be 11-5 or something close to that. The Dolphins will struggle getting to 9-7 unless I see a very different team on Sunday and a very different Ryan Tannehill.

So far, the defense has been terrible at getting off the field on third down. We give up long, clock consuming drives but then we're pretty scrappy in the red zone. Defense has a lot of great athletes, the scheme looks passive and weak. Are our players coached to give TEs free releases of the LOS? WTF is going on? Even Rich Gannon was commenting on it regarding Gronk. I'm not at all happy with Burke, let's see what he's got for the Bengals. I really don't feel like watching the Dolphins get hammered for the second straight week.

Those dang pansy players!! If only we had a darker shade of aqua maybe we would be a tougher team

Our edge players have not exactly gone up against world beaters in the past 4 games and have only 4 sacks with 2 more coming from the interior. Two of those sacks left with Hayes and 1 with Phillips. Wake did have one sack called back but everyone also thought he had favorable match-ups every week. Same for Quinn in 3 of the 4.

They played Lewan (who got knocked out playing defense) and a backup RT in week 1. Brandon Shell and Kelvin Beachum in week 2. Kolton Miller and Donald Penn in week 3. Trent Brown & Marcus Cannon in week 4.

Hayes - 1 sack vs Jets, 1 vs Oakland
Wake - 1 vs Oak (now injured)
Quinn - 1 vs Jets

Not sure what is going on with these guys but hopefully the sacks will start to appear. So far it looks like Woodard is our 3rd best DE. Wondering if Malveaux will kick inside at times. 6'5 277. (Hayes was 6'3 272).

Yeah we have a whopping 4 sacks from the edge guys thru 4 games.

This is a game where we should see an uptick in snaps and opportunity for Charles harris. The time is now to show up and show out.

Be interesting to see his snap count this week.

If we beat the Bengals with this roster the entire coaching staff should get 10 year extensions

Asking Swanson and Larson to stop Geno Atkins? McTyre v AJ Green? McDonald v a random fan from the stands? Just not fair.

It Is more than that, we have a bottom 10 QB, a very predictable coach and our defense cant stop a 3rd and long with any consistency. You put a top 10 QB and a capabble coach and this game Is ours despite the injuries. With our pair look for a VERY frustrating Sunday, those ridiculous screens on long Downs will continue and our QB will continue to have trouble getting to his second read because Atkins at his face all day and his tunnel vision impeding him to see the open quick options. This game should be over really early.

If we win, you can just chalk up losing to NE as just being a bad game where nothing went right. The season would still be on track and we'll be feeling good again. Now if we lose and in embarrassing fashion again, that affects the team mentally. That can be hard to overcome.

That Thursday night football creamsicle debacle is still fresh in my mind from a couple years back. Before that we seemed to always squeek one out against Cincy.

Should prove to be an interesting matchup this year. That said, anyone here surf and you wipe out only to come up for air and a second monster wave is cresting right on top of you.

We'll see...

Back
Top Bottom