If we beat the Bills.. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we beat the Bills..

If I were a Dolphins fan, I'd be pissed. Flores outcoached Belichick*. Tua handled the much-hyped Patriots* defense. The Dolphins beat the cheating Patriots* in their own damn house, and all I'm reading about is how well Mac & Cheese played.

If the Dolphins beat the Bills, they should be considered the favorites to win the division. But, I suspect that the conversation in the media will shift to how competitive the division is, and how the Patriots* will have a real chance to make the playoffs.
I'm not pissed. I wouldn't say Flores won the coaching battle, I mean it was a 1 point game and the Pats fumbled in the red zone at the end. Mac did play well, i'd say better than Tua although he was the benefactor of a superior offensive line.

If we squeak one out against the Bills, it will open a few eyes. If we destroy them, all attention is on South Florida. If we lose, same old Dolphins.

Results from week 17 of the 2020 season are (for all intents) irrelevant heading into week 2 of the 2021 season.

Yes and no.

Its irrelevant in terms of the game not counting towards anything this year.

Its extremely relevant in tge fact that it was the last game we played against them with pretty much the same rosters more or less. If you're trying to predict the future the best way is by analyzing past data points.

Last edited:
Yes and no.

Its irrelevant in terms of the game not counting towards anything last year.

Its extremely relevant in tge fact that it was the last game we played against them with pretty much the same rosters more or less. If you're trying to predict the future the best way is by analyzing past data points.
Our WR corps alone looks nothing like it did last meeting. We also have a new FS (actually 2), a new edge rusher and a new tackle.

Our WR corps alone looks nothing like it did last meeting. We also have a new FS (actually 2), a new edge rusher and a new tackle.

Noone said there aren't new players. Its still the most relevant data point available for assessing a matchup between the two teams.

Noone said there aren't new players. Its still the most relevant data point available for assessing a matchup between the two teams.
Well the data is incomplete? When roughly 25% of your high snap count guys are different then it really isn't fair to base projections off of the "data".

Well the data is incomplete? When roughly 25% of your high snap count guys are different then it really isn't fair to base projections off of the "data".

Of course its incomplete, I also never said that was the end of the analysis. I only said its a relevant data point. No two games are going to be the same, but the fact is they have had our number recently and if you think that means absolutely nothing I have no idea what to tell you.

Of course its incomplete, I also never said that was the end of the analysis. I only said its a relevant data point. No two games are going to be the same, but the fact is they have had our number recently and if you think that means absolutely nothing I have no idea what to tell you.
Meh, it's all relevant.

More relevant IMO is that we underwent a ground zero rebuild. It's Sunday in September at home in blistering heat. I like our chances.

Meh, it's all relevant.

More relevant IMO is that we underwent a ground zero rebuild. It's Sunday in September at home in blistering heat. I like our chances.

And Tua has more experience, better weapons, a year in the system, so on. Well not in the system I guess with the OC change, but reading defenses at least.

There are things watching last years game won't account for. We just need to try and reverse the trend of losing to them, even if we just take the one in our house this year ill be thrilled.

How does the outlook of the season change? Should our expectations be higher than a fringe playoff team or will the Bills just stink this year? Thoughts?

The outlook on the season should always be to win every game. Expectations should be high because even if we do beat the bills, you never know there could be any team that can come out and play lights out and make a run. We should have the intentions of being undefeated if you ask me.

I think a win changes the national conversation around the Dolphins.

We only had 1 win last year against a team with a winning record (Rams). We need to beat good teams to be considered a playoff contender.

The outlook on the season should always be to win every game. Expectations should be high because even if we do beat the bills, you never know there could be any team that can come out and play lights out and make a run. We should have the intentions of being undefeated if you ask me.

I think that's more of a goal than an outlook. Every NFL player wants to win every game and probably thinks they can. Thats different than having realistic expectations based on the teams circumstances.

This from the font of knowledge who told us Waddle was done and predicted 0-2 doom for Flores.

Seriously...just rent space under a bridge and get it over with, you staggeringly evident troll.
Yep. That’s where trolls like to hang out, under I-95.

This has to be Tuas coming out party. Josh Allen is the best QB in the division right now, if Tua looks like hes not in the same class as Josh then we are in trouble for the immediate future, If Tua looks like he belongs then we should have high hopes for the playoffs.

Josh Allen not as good with fans in the stands.

Back
Top Bottom