If we did trade up into the top three..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we did trade up into the top three.....

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Would you take one of the franchise QB's or a franchise LT like Walters?

I would go LT.

If this team were actually going to spend probably this year's first rounder plus the first rounder as compensation for Wally plus next year's first rounder in order to get into the top 3, I would hope that we would take the best player available and that we really have reason to believe that he's a real game breaker. I wouldn't care if that's one of the QBs, an OT, or a guy like Larry Fitzgerald.

That sort of price requires more than just need filling...

Eli Manning. He's as sure a thing as you can get in this thing (due to his bloodlines). And because he touches the ball on every snap, he's a far greater value IMO than a WR.

An OT wouldn't be a game breaker but, he might be an offensive breaker for us...as in, a BIG help.

Originally posted by Muck
Eli Manning. He's as sure a thing as you can get in this thing (due to his bloodlines). And because he touches the ball on every snap, he's a far greater value IMO than a WR.

That would probably require us to get the top pick, no?

Who's in line for the top pick?

No LT. Eli Manning or Larry Fitzgerald.

LT, most definately. I dont follow the draft, but if there is a franchise quality LT, we go after him.

If we could (miracle) get Eli.....take him......if not go for the O-line.....NO QB would succeed with the way our O-line has been playing....plain and simple.....and you see what Fiedler (just above avg.) can do when they play well.....O-Line should be #1 priority IMO......unless we get the steal of the decade in the draft.....which considering we'll be close to the bottom....I doubt.....only other option would be trade everything for one of the top 3 spots, take Eli and deal with our O-line the way it is....and wait for next year to improve it (or through FA) and give "Eli" a year to get a grasp on the NFL so 2 years from now we'll start kicking some serious tail...

Manning<-- He'll be a star if he goes to a decent team... if he goes to Arizona or somewhere like that he's SCREWED no matter if his father is jesus christ.

Rothlesburger<-- not mentioned enough. he's better then Eli was in his junior season.

Fitzgerald- a Sophmore stud.. will be amazin because of his work ethic, and attitude. not to mention his talent ;)

Robert Gallery (OT)- big, Strong, quick, awesome.

Originally posted by jbond
If we could (miracle) get Eli.....take him......if not go for the O-line.....NO QB would succeed with the way our O-line has been playing....plain and simple.....and you see what Fiedler (just above avg.) can do when they play well.....O-Line should be #1 priority IMO......unless we get the steal of the decade in the draft.....which considering we'll be close to the bottom....I doubt.....only other option would be trade everything for one of the top 3 spots, take Eli and deal with our O-line the way it is....and wait for next year to improve it (or through FA) and give &quot;Eli&quot; a year to get a grasp on the NFL so 2 years from now we'll start kicking some serious tail...

Ummm....The whole point of this thread is pertaining to the other option.;)

we don't need oline in the draft.. they're TONS of great FA lineman... so we simply do that.

WR- Toomer, and Bruce are FA. someone said Bruce wants to finish in miami since he lives there right? let him teach chambers like he did Holt.

Lineman- god... to many to name!

QB- Warner, Brunnel, and uhh... yeah no one better then we have bottom line.

QB is the key in our draft. although i do feel fiedler has revamped his game (NE game was a fluke. i have 100 reasons) but he can't stay healthy.

Blueprint:

Are you advocating going into a rebuild mode around a QB, or do you think that a rookie QB can lead this team into the playoffs next year?

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
we don't need oline in the draft.. they're TONS of great FA lineman... so we simply do that.

WR- Toomer, and Bruce are FA. someone said Bruce wants to finish in miami since he lives there right? let him teach chambers like he did Holt.

Lineman- god... to many to name!

QB- Warner, Brunnel, and uhh... yeah no one better then we have bottom line.

QB is the key in our draft. although i do feel fiedler has revamped his game (NE game was a fluke. i have 100 reasons) but he can't stay healthy.

Where do you suppose we are going to come up with all this cap space?

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Blueprint:

Are you advocating going into a rebuild mode around a QB, or do you think that a rookie QB can lead this team into the playoffs next year?

starting QB next season... JAY FIEDLER (no matter who the coach is) and let Roth, or Eli be the backup.

what if someone like arizona takes Ogun and we have 2 picks? we could get a QB, and a lineman/WR.

there are tons of options.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Where do you suppose we are going to come up with all this cap space?

by cutting people... we're not (no matter who's coach) gonna keep these players with big salaries, and low production.

Back
Top Bottom