If we get beat by Cleveland............. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we get beat by Cleveland.............

If we lose every game this season, draft Andrew Luck, beat the hell out of teams in a couple of years, Andrew Luck wins an MVP and the Dolphins win a Super Bowl within five years...

Raise your hand if you'll even think of a 2011 0-16 season.

Ask Detroit fans what they talk about today.

If we go 1-15 and end up with the #1 pick with Ireland and Sparano, we will probably take a nose tackle(instead of signing Solai) or draft a right tackle(instead of signing Waters) because Henne has done a fair job and improved his game to serviceable starter. They would not pick Luck. In their pop corn machine skulls, the QB position would not be the greatest concern. This is their mentality and the biggest reason why we will never be great. Qb's are not important, but RT's and NT's are critical.
In the NFL, mediocre is everywhere. You have to take some chances on great players to achieve greatness. When you have a great QB, you are always in contention, despite the condition of the rest of the team.

Scottie you're not alone. Sometimes you have to accept the worst and hit rock bottom so you can dust off and rebound. I thought the Dolphins hit that in 2007 but apparently not. The quicker we lose the faster the inevitable arrives.

Who cares what those who still believe in this franchise think. Everyone has a breaking point and you hit yours. If it makes a difference to you some of the blind homers are very silent or starting to turn as well as evidenced by their posts.

I have reached that point of wanting to move in a different direction. I never thought I would say it but I hope the Browns beat Miami because that should seal the fate on Sparano Unfortunately I am afraid the only way Ireland is fired is a 1 or 2 win season. Here's to it.

Rooting for the Dolphins 2000 miles away has no effect..Rooting against them has no effect as well...

The way things are going for the OP if he roots against them they will likley win..

GO BROWNS!!

This staff ignores the obvious talent when drafting and always picks the guys that fit their delusional concept.
Everyone else is wrong, and they are the only ones who know better....non conventional fools.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It seems this FO is more concerned with proving everyone else wrong than they are just taking the best play avaliable. They are always trying to find the diamond in the rough, when there are better players right in front of them. My biggest fear would be that we did end up with the #1 overall pick and they draft a right tackle, or DT and pass on luck because "we saw something no one else saw". This kinda crap gives me nightmares.

The Detroit Lions sucked and sucked and sucked and sucked for years and years and years and years.

Lions get top draft pick after top draft pick and look at where they are today. From 0-16, drafted an unproven QB with the first overall pick, two years later they kicking the **** out of people with the unproven QB who didn't play the majority of his rookie season due to an injury.

Packers wheel out Brett Favre, insert unproven Aaron Rodgers...Super Bowl Champs within a couple of years.

Yes but please be realistic and seriously think about what you're saying. The Lions have sucked since the beginning of time. In 30 years they have only had 4 winning seasons......4!!!!! And most of those years were 4-5 win seasons. Conversely, we have been bad for only 4 years and everyone is ready to fire everybody and move the team. You guys are using as an example a team that has dealt with ineptness for decades to get to where they are now like we are in the same situation.

It's not "and 2 years later"......They have been getting top draft picks for 30 years man, so to say "and look where they are today" is not a great comparison.

Really guys, our QB didn't perform up to standards in 2 years and we were ready to destroy the guy and yet everyone on here acts like they are ready to ride out a rookie.

Our problem right now is NOT the players!!

Yes but please be realistic and seriously think about what you're saying. The Lions have sucked since the beginning of time. In 30 years they have only had 4 winning seasons......4!!!!! And most of those years were 4-5 win seasons. Conversely, we have been bad for only 4 years and everyone is ready to fire everybody and move the team. You guys are using as an example a team that has dealt with ineptness for decades to get to where they are now like we are in the same situation.

It's not "and 2 years later"......They have been getting top draft picks for 30 years man, so to say "and look where they are today" is not a great comparison.

Really guys, our QB didn't perform up to standards in 2 years and we were ready to destroy the guy and yet everyone on here acts like they are ready to ride out a rookie.

Do I need to remind you that all of Millens first rounders busted except C Johnson and that ony a handful of ALL his picks lasted more then 2 years.

The Lions turned over as many personnel since their Ofer season as Miami did in 2008.

Having years of high first round picks has nothing to do with their success.

Do I need to remind you that all of Millens first rounders busted except C Johnson and that ony a handful of ALL his picks lasted more then 2 years.

The Lions turned over as many personnel since their Ofer season as Miami did in 2008.

This is correct, Detroit's turnaround has everything to do with the guy that replaced Millen (Martin Mayhew) being able to evaluate and acquire legitimate talent.

It's actually a great comparison. Where they are today is still because of the high draft picks that are performing well. That's what it all comes down to no matter what they drafted 30 years ago that busted. What are they doing today. You dudes can live in the past if you want. That's why I've always said I couldn't care any less about that 1972 perfect season. That was 137 years ago. Who gives a **** in 2011.

Stafford, Best, Suh, Johnson...home run after home run and today they're going to the playoffs as a result.

Roar restored.

Not sold on the Lions at all, they have a very tough schedule and I don't even think they are a playoff team, but I do want a franchise QB IF Henne doesn't get the job done this season. Im still going to look at this season as Henne make or break season and I'm not going to start wishing the season go to doom because we lost two games.. If we lose to Cleveland, then I'll have to throw in the towel I guess...We will see..

It's actually a great comparison. Where they are today is still because of the high draft picks that are performing well. That's what it all comes down to no matter what they drafted 30 years ago that busted. What are they doing today. You dudes can live in the past if you want. That's why I've always said I couldn't care any less about that 1972 perfect season. That was 137 years ago. Who gives a **** in 2011.

Stafford, Best, Suh, Johnson...home run after home run and today they're going to the playoffs as a result.

Roar restored.

Well thank goodness the playoffs don't start after 2 games..........

Lets see what happens in the next couple of weeks because their schedule actually picks up and gets pretty difficult...

Roar restored.

Johnson was Millens only successful choice and to get Best, Mayhew traded back into the first after selecting Brandon Pettigrew.

This year Mayhew then selects Fairley who was BPA to play on an already strong DL.

Martin Mayhew gets it. Jeff Ireland is busy looking for diamonds in the rough.

I am allin for Luck, i am tired of being a mediocre team that still has yet to even begin to try and fill the spot of one of the bestplayers of all time. I want a Franchisd QB. Lets Suck 4 Luck.

That was EXACTLY my point. They didn't get this team in a year and BOOM started winning. It took a long time, and time is something that Finheaven does NOT recognize. But so many people are calling to "suck" so we can draft our savior ROOKIE!

Don't you worry we keep these morons around and we will be on our way to 30yrs of pissing away high draft picks! 4 down 26 more to go.

Back
Top Bottom