If we get beat by Cleveland............. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we get beat by Cleveland.............

That was EXACTLY my point. They didn't get this team in a year and BOOM started winning. It took a long time, and time is something that Finheaven does NOT recognize. But so many people are calling to "suck" so we can draft our savior ROOKIE!

They were 0-16 in 2008 and arguably the worst team ever. They turned it around quck with a new regime. This regime is in its 4th year and still has not even fixed the OL.

When you have been a fan as long as I have you tend to grow more impatient. They won their last Super Bowl when I was thirteen. I dont have another 37 years to wait for the next.

it all starts with the qb, i completely agree, chad henne is not our guy.

Rooting for the Dolphins 2000 miles away has no effect..Rooting against them has no effect as well...

The way things are going for the OP if he roots against them they will likley win..

GO BROWNS!!

I may be in the UK but I`ve spent £thousands travelling over the Pond to cheer on the Fins, including going to Houston a few years back. So, I think my opinions are qualified!

I may be in the UK but I`ve spent £thousands travelling over the Pond to cheer on the Fins, including going to Houston a few years back. So, I think my opinions are qualified!

Never said your opinion was not qaulified, do what you want your a grown up.. I am just saying that rooting for one thing or the other does nothing.

IF we make the playoffs, which I agree is EXTREMELY unlikely, anything can happen. Look at the Saints last year. Given that we have not much shot at the playoffs this year, I root every week for the Dolphins to WIN. I can not imagine not doing that.

While I agree that if the Phins blow a very winnable game to CLE, the season IS TOAST. I just can’t bring myself to the “suck for Luck “ campaign. On the surface, it looks like a great strategy. But what happens if he gets hurt this season ? Or turns into this decade’s Ryan Lief ? Or decides to go all Payton Manning (although I don’t think you can do that with the new CBA) ? There’s are just too many variables.

And don’t forget every #*&$^%! team in the League is going to be in this race. So there’s no guarantee that even if they lose out, they’re going to get the 1st draft pick.

Yeah I still dont believe we are as bad as everyone thinks we are because we lost to two good teams and its only the beggining of the season BUT if we lose to the Browns then we do got problems.

whot he hell cares what detroit fans talk about today? its 2 games in . . . we were 2 games in last season and what happened with that? how many super bowls did Marino win for us again?

there is no "cure all" your pessimism about this year is actually leading to even more unrealistic irrational optimism long-term than the people who say we can pull out 10 wins this year lol.

take a rest.

While I would never wish for the Dolphins to lose, I do fully understand the incredible benefits that would result if we did go 0-16. With Sparano and Henne, this team has virtually zero chance at getting to the playoffs, much less winning a Super Bowl. Our future looks bleak at the moment. With a prospect of a franchise QB, at the very least hope is restored. Rookie QB's are unproven, but so are a lot of QB's in the league who currently have a starting job at QB.

Unproven Chad Henne comes to mind.

Don't worry, we drafted Ryan Mallett in the 2nd round to groom....oh wait, we drafted the leagues' most interchangeable position with that pick. /sarcasm

That's the problem with this regime, and why I will be rooting for them to lose. Just like I did with Wannstache, just like I did with Cam Cameron. Like most of us, I've put a huge emotional investment into this team since I was 7. I've been the die hard of the die hards, watching the game till the end, whether they were winning with the game safely tucked away, or losing in a blowout.

Losses used to really bother me. Now? I just shake my head and laugh. The last two games of last season is the first time ever in my life that I was fully able to watch the Dolphins game, and chose to watch other games instead, only occasionally flipping to the Dolphins game just to see what's going on.

Being mad at a Dolphins loss makes no sense at this point. It's like dating Paris Hilton then getting mad at her for having no brain. We've seen her "body of work." We know what she's all about.

When we finally get a group in here who truly values the QB position like other teams do, then I'll start to care again. They almost sucked me in this off-season with the optimism, but experience with this team forced me not to fall for it.

We need a staff in here who knows what they're doing. Draft QBs instead of tackles...doesn't matter how good the tackle is. Draft a QB over a RB. Get aggressive and trade up for a QB. The Jets did it. Other teams do it, but the Dolphins, regardless of who's been in charge don't seem to care about getting a QB as much.

The Dolphins have drafted ONE QB in the first round in their entire existence! Pathetic. Beyond pathetic.

Another thing to consider. The last two times we had a top 2 pick and a shot at a franchise QB, they select Ronnie Brown and Jake Long...and then some posters are appalled that fans like me admit I'm rooting against my team. Win just enough and these clowns stay on board for another year of mediocrity and piss poor personnel decisions.

The Detroit Lions sucked and sucked and sucked and sucked for years and years and years and years.

Lions get top draft pick after top draft pick and look at where they are today. From 0-16, drafted an unproven QB with the first overall pick, two years later they kicking the **** out of people with the unproven QB who didn't play the majority of his rookie season due to an injury.

Packers wheel out Brett Favre, insert unproven Aaron Rodgers...Super Bowl Champs within a couple of years.

Colts go from Super Bowl contenders...to one of the worst teams in the league without Peyton Manning.

It's all about getting that franchise QB. This isn't the same NFL we watched in the 1990's where defenses and ground games dominated on Sunday. Defenses are at the mercy of NFL rule changes that benefit the QB and the ground game is nothing more than situational today. Teams with platoon running games and running backs are a dime a dozen. Speaking of running backs and the Detroit Lions...where is that Kevin Smith kid the Lions drafted just a few short years ago? How about Joseph Addai for the Colts when he was supposed to be the next big thing after Edgerrin James left. And shortly after Addai, the Colts draft Donald Brown.

It's all about that unproven QB that you MUST gamble on.
Exactly! It's franchise QB or bust in the NFL. You will go nowhere without one.

We will most definitely lose to the Browns. Top 5 pick is guaranteed.

Don't worry, we drafted Ryan Mallett in the 2nd round to groom....oh wait, we drafted the leagues' most interchangeable position with that pick. /sarcasm

That's the problem with this regime, and why I will be rooting for them to lose. Just like I did with Wannstache, just like I did with Cam Cameron. Like most of us, I've put a huge emotional investment into this team since I was 7. I've been the die hard of the die hards, watching the game till the end, whether they were winning with the game safely tucked away, or losing in a blowout.

Losses used to really bother me. Now? I just shake my head and laugh. The last two games of last season is the first time ever in my life that I was fully able to watch the Dolphins game, and chose to watch other games instead, only occasionally flipping to the Dolphins game just to see what's going on.

Being mad at a Dolphins loss makes no sense at this point. It's like dating Paris Hilton then getting mad at her for having no brain. We've seen her "body of work." We know what she's all about.

When we finally get a group in here who truly values the QB position like other teams do, then I'll start to care again. They almost sucked me in this off-season with the optimism, but experience with this team forced me not to fall for it.

We need a staff in here who knows what they're doing. Draft QBs instead of tackles...doesn't matter how good the tackle is. Draft a QB over a RB. Get aggressive and trade up for a QB. The Jets did it. Other teams do it, but the Dolphins, regardless of who's been in charge don't seem to care about getting a QB as much.

The Dolphins have drafted ONE QB in the first round in their entire existence! Pathetic. Beyond pathetic.
We've drafted two in the first round, both of whom are in the Hall of Fame. Coincidence?

Man **** the dolphins.. i mean **** this regime, until we get a new FO adn a HC who knows what the **** is going on I say we boo this team. I hope the browns win thats just one step closer for these azz clowns out the door.

..................... then I will officially join the `Suck for Luck` campaign!

Some people say we won`t get that bad and get Luck, but I`m not so sure. The players heads will drop if we lose to the Browns, we then go to San Diego followed by the Jets in NY on Monday night. 0-5 for sure. We can`t even rely on the Bills for a W this seson! The Seahawks will get a few wins in their weak division, maybe the Chiefs or Colts suck more.

Don`t get me wrong, I love my Fins and have done since 1985 when I was 12 years old. But, these attempts to patch up the roster every year and `win now` haven`t worked. Miami need a new HC and a franchise QB. Sparano isn`t good enough and Henne (though I do like him) isn`t good enough. There is talent on this team and I do like the DC and, from what I`ve seen so far, the OC. However, a good amount of talent a good DC and OC will not be enough without a top HC and a franchise QB. Look at the top teams year in, year out - franchise QB`s - Rodgers, Brees, Vick, Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers etc. Ryan and Stafford will join that list this year.

For those of you who are optimistic about going say 10-6 and making a wild card spot - what`s the point? It`ll be `one and done` again followed by (in all probability) a poor draft and another year of Sparano.

So if we get beat by the Browns I`m raising the white flag and doing what I`ve never done before - hoping Miami get beat each week. My perfect season would be 2-14 whilst beating the Jets twice and getting Andrew Luck in the draft!

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom