If we get beat by Cleveland............. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we get beat by Cleveland.............

Go Miami

I have the Phins going 8-8 :juggle: or 9-7.

This is a must win game:ponder:

The dolphins are not that bad...They always pick around mid first.And this team lost to NE and HOU.Two of the upper to elite teams.I think sparano is gonna get the fins hyped for the next 2 and then the fins will be a .500 team.I can't see them tanking the rest of the season.But ireland and sparano gotta go!To much patch work going on year after year with ex cowboys(burnett,columbo etc..)..Why not try unproven talent than some cowboy castoff's.

Ive been saying for years that what this team needs is a true, DOMINANT, franchise QB. When your team gets one of those in the NFL, you consistantly win. Perhaps you dont win the super bowl every year, but youre a contender. Hell, you dont necessarially make the playoffs every year, but youre a contender. Even before all of the rule changes that allow QBs to dominate the game nowadays, back when we had Marino, we had a total of 1 losing season for something like a 15 year stretch. Thats fun stuff. And so long as you made the playoffs, we knew we had at least a chance to actually win it all just becuse we had the best QB.

Andrew Luck is the lock of all locks to be a top QB in this league for many years. IMHO he will come in and start day 1 somewhere and instantly be a top 10 QB. It wont take him long to become on of the very best in the league year after year. Thats the kind of player this franchise needs.

I say why wait till we lose to Cleveland? Is this team really going anywhere if we do beat Cleveland? We all know there is no hope of a playoff run this season. At best, were a 6 to 8 win team. At best. Its suck for Luck time folks. Had we come out and beat NE or at least beat Houston, I could see hanging on to hope. But, this **** is over. Sparano is done and the players are doing nothing other than picking up their checks. Its suck for Luck time all the way.

Again, this is what I was trying to tell you guys 3 years ago. Not taking the franchise QB with the 1st overall pick was an epic blunder that doomed this regime from the start. I knew what would happen from there. You ALWAYS take the QB in that spot when you dont have a franchise guy. This team was in no shape at that point to be passing on the opportunity to take a QB at the top of the draft. If it had been one of those very few crazy years where there wasnt a QB projected anywhere near the top, thats one thing. But, everyone had Matt Ryan going at least 8th to Baltimore, and most had him top 5, while the smart ones had him deserving to be taken 1st. You take that pick and hope it works out. If it dosent, youre in no worse shape than you were anyway by passing on the QB there. Its just common sense.

One of the early posters in this thread summed it up real nice. This team needs a new coach and a franchise QB....PERIOD. Actually we need an entire new FO and coaching staff, but a franchise QB would cure everything. Whoever comes in to coach if we draft Andrew Luck is going to be successful.

clear.gif

That debbie downer **** that gets thrown out so much around this place is ****ing played, gay as ****, and straight up retarded. Im ****ing tired of hearing it and seeing it.

Tell me what the **** is there about this god awful team to be all hyped up about? Step the **** into reality and take that debbie downer **** and blow it out your *****.

Don't worry, we drafted Ryan Mallett in the 2nd round to groom....oh wait, we drafted the leagues' most interchangeable position with that pick. /sarcasm

That's the problem with this regime, and why I will be rooting for them to lose. Just like I did with Wannstache, just like I did with Cam Cameron. Like most of us, I've put a huge emotional investment into this team since I was 7. I've been the die hard of the die hards, watching the game till the end, whether they were winning with the game safely tucked away, or losing in a blowout.

Losses used to really bother me. Now? I just shake my head and laugh. The last two games of last season is the first time ever in my life that I was fully able to watch the Dolphins game, and chose to watch other games instead, only occasionally flipping to the Dolphins game just to see what's going on.

Being mad at a Dolphins loss makes no sense at this point. It's like dating Paris Hilton then getting mad at her for having no brain. We've seen her "body of work." We know what she's all about.

When we finally get a group in here who truly values the QB position like other teams do, then I'll start to care again. They almost sucked me in this off-season with the optimism, but experience with this team forced me not to fall for it.

We need a staff in here who knows what they're doing. Draft QBs instead of tackles...doesn't matter how good the tackle is. Draft a QB over a RB. Get aggressive and trade up for a QB. The Jets did it. Other teams do it, but the Dolphins, regardless of who's been in charge don't seem to care about getting a QB as much.

The Dolphins have drafted ONE QB in the first round in their entire existence! Pathetic. Beyond pathetic.

Man, sounds like you've been rooting against the Fins for quite some time now (12+ years with the possible exception of the 2 years Saban was here). I don't know If I'd even bother with the team if I were of that mindset, but to each his own.

For the record, the Fins have actually drafted 3 QBs in the first round.

If we get the number one pick we should draft a NT and with the second pick a right guard.

Ive been saying for years that what this team needs is a true, DOMINANT, franchise QB. When your team gets one of those in the NFL, you consistantly win. Perhaps you dont win the super bowl every year, but youre a contender. Hell, you dont necessarially make the playoffs every year, but youre a contender. Even before all of the rule changes that allow QBs to dominate the game nowadays, back when we had Marino, we had a total of 1 losing season for something like a 15 year stretch. Thats fun stuff. And so long as you made the playoffs, we knew we had at least a chance to actually win it all just becuse we had the best QB.

Andrew Luck is the lock of all locks to be a top QB in this league for many years. IMHO he will come in and start day 1 somewhere and instantly be a top 10 QB. It wont take him long to become on of the very best in the league year after year. Thats the kind of player this franchise needs.

I say why wait till we lose to Cleveland? Is this team really going anywhere if we do beat Cleveland? We all know there is no hope of a playoff run this season. At best, were a 6 to 8 win team. At best. Its suck for Luck time folks. Had we come out and beat NE or at least beat Houston, I could see hanging on to hope. But, this **** is over. Sparano is done and the players are doing nothing other than picking up their checks. Its suck for Luck time all the way.

Again, this is what I was trying to tell you guys 3 years ago. Not taking the franchise QB with the 1st overall pick was an epic blunder that doomed this regime from the start. I knew what would happen from there. You ALWAYS take the QB in that spot when you dont have a franchise guy. This team was in no shape at that point to be passing on the opportunity to take a QB at the top of the draft. If it had been one of those very few crazy years where there wasnt a QB projected anywhere near the top, thats one thing. But, everyone had Matt Ryan going at least 8th to Baltimore, and most had him top 5, while the smart ones had him deserving to be taken 1st. You take that pick and hope it works out. If it dosent, youre in no worse shape than you were anyway by passing on the QB there. Its just common sense.

One of the early posters in this thread summed it up real nice. This team needs a new coach and a franchise QB....PERIOD. Actually we need an entire new FO and coaching staff, but a franchise QB would cure everything. Whoever comes in to coach if we draft Andrew Luck is going to be successful.

Unfortunately KC, Denver and Seattle suck a bit more.

Ive been on the SuckforLuck bandwagon since last week:rolleyes2:

But well probably screw this up too and beat Kansas City

The teams that truly look like they suck in this league and will be up there for Andrew Luck...to me, are the Seahawks, Jaguars, and Chiefs. Those are the ones to watch out for, to me.

I know the Jaguars have a win under their belt. I don't know how in blazes they got that win to be honest. But Maurice Jones-Drew is like a walking mummy for all the treatments he needs each week to be ready on game day, and their QB starter is Luke McCown until Blaine Gabbert (who is NOT ready to start as a rookie, unlike Cam Newton, IMO) takes over. More importantly, they're not going to beat the Titans again, they're going to lose twice to the Texans, and who knows maybe they'll split against the Colts but they won't be favored to win any other games this year. And if the Colts get their sh-t together it wouldn't surprise me if the Jaguars got swept by them too. The Jags could end up with the #1 overall pick, but then that begs the question what happens to their #10 overall guy Blaine Gabbert? MOST LIKELY, they would trade the pick and try and pick up a number of puzzle pieces to surround Gabbert with.

I know people want to say the Colts and they are indeed pretty awful right now, but they have some inherent potential to do a lot better as the year wears on. Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie are all still there. I think their offensive line and runners group featuring Joseph Addai and Delone Carter is still getting better and they'll be running the ball before the year is done. Everyone is down on Kerry Collins because he sucked in his first action out there but he did a little better against the Browns and I expect him to keep improving, and if not then they stick Curtis Painter in there and he could actually surprise people, as they start to run the full capabilities of the offense as far as the check with me's and stuff at the line they always do. I just think that this is a team that will win some games before it's all said and done.

The Chiefs I think also have some inherent potential to turn things upward. I think there's turmoil with the head coach and he could be fired mid-season. When that happens, I think the team could snap to attention and all the sudden they're beating those poor teams again, winning like 5 games on the year, something like that.

The Seahawks though...I just don't know WHERE the help is going to be coming from there. The Rams are more likely to get their sh-t together against the Seahawks than the Seahawks are to get their sh-t together against the Rams. And Pete Carroll is dastardly enough to lose games if he thinks his job is safe and he can get Andrew Luck.

If Miami loses to the Browns, then to me we really are in Suck for Luck territory for the year...and the Seahawks would be our biggest rival for him. The Jaguars may get the #1 overall pick above the Dolphins and Seahawks, but that would only open up the bidding process. The Jaguars would want pieces of the puzzle they can use to surround Blaine Gabbert. Brandon Marshall might be attractive to them. The Seahawks don't really have anyone to offer that would be attractive like that in terms of something surrounding Gabbert. That might give us the edge in trading for that pick.

Amazing after all the **** I have taken for calling this FO crap how many people have realized how bad this team really is! Don't get me wrong because we are a bad team, but unfortunately not suck for luck bad! We are 4-6 wins bad.

The season is not over yet. Yea, Brady killed us......he's Tom Brady. The Texans didnt beat us though, we beat outselves. We gave them the ball in the redzone on a tipped pass. We fubled the ball at mid-field. Carrol and Johnson had a misque on a TD to Johnson. We missed two definite field goals and we dropped a pass in the end zone that hit Marshall in the hands. We were in the game the entire time........against one of the "top rated offenses," mind you. They only had @ 300 total yds. That game was decided on 4 plays.

Im still positive on the rest of the season. We knew these would be tough games.

Please disregard this entire post if we lose to the Browns.

When Red auerbach was critisized for drafting Larry Bird in 1978, because Bird made it clear he was staying in school his senior year, Red justified the pick by explaining how short a period of time 1 year was. Do you guys realize how short a period of time 4 months is? 4 months for possibly a 12 year franchise qb....i'd make that trade any freaking day of my life.

Back
Top Bottom