If we get the #1 pick and Bill Cowher/Gruden... what you think of an updated uniform? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we get the #1 pick and Bill Cowher/Gruden... what you think of an updated uniform?

I want the throwbacks back. Cowher and Gruden are throwbacks type of guys so I'm sure they will ask for it.

We never use our throwbacks anymore because this regime doesn't care for Dolphins history. The other teams care **** just the other week the Packers went 1930's at us.

clear.gif

This concept is sweet. I really like using the old stadium logo as the new logo. It looks sharp on a white helmet. I would just change the color from teal to aqua and this uniform would be perfect.

While we are talking about this, maybe it is time to get rid of orange and teal, and get some more masculine colors. Orange, teal, and white is not intimidating at all.

So that's why the Dolphins haven't won a Super Bowl since I was alive!

Everyone always wants to mess with our unis and logo and song. What's wrong with tradition? Look at the Bears, Packers, Steelers, Raiders, etc etc. etc. We are who we are. Also remember...be careful what you ask for. Have you seen the new Marlins logo? We could end up with something totally gay or dorky with Steve "Hollywood" Ross at the controls. Let's hope there is no change.
They want to mess with our unis, logo, song, and move the team. Basically, they don't want to be fans of the Miami Dolphins.

Wow... I thought threads like these only surfaced during the offseason when there wasn't in season football to talk about.

And as for the mock unis... They look arena league. Gimme and angry dolphin at least. You like the finheaven one...
After all, an "angry dolphin" is just so true to life.

The dolphin: one of the world's most hostile and aggressive animals.

I get sick of people saying that we have the most sissy looking uniforms and logo in the NFL. We need to overhaul our look with a new regime coming in.

I would like only a color change. There is someone on here that has a picture of Jake Long with a dark grey uniform. I like that.. Also, why havent we worn aqua on aqua once in the past 5 years.

Agree. I think we need gray incorporated into our colors. After all, a dolphin is gray colored not teal or aqua.

After all, an "angry dolphin" is just so true to life.

The dolphin: one of the world's most hostile and aggressive animals.

[video=youtube;OlnwpOfGHtY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlnwpOfGHtY[/video]

Agree. I think we need gray incorporated into our colors. After all, a dolphin is gray colored not teal or aqua.

Originally The color Aqua was decided to depict the ocean. Miami is by the ocean. dolphins live in the ocean.

The dolphins used to have a little more blue in their aqua color to show this better:

Aqua is a tone of the color cyan (from Greek: κύανoς (transliterated: kýanos), meaning "blue") which is identical to the color electric cyan, one of the three secondary colors (subtractive primary colors) of the HSV color wheel, along with magenta and yellow. It is precisely halfway between green and blue on the color wheel

Back to a day when our aqua had more blue in it. .. since then we've turn the aqua into more of a "pastel" aqua with more green in it for whatever reason.

The following is how the real color aqua is supposed to look like:

BP8S000Z-1.jpg

Even with the white jerseys you clearly saw more blue in the numbers and the stripes than you do now

51224164_crop_650x440-1.jpg

359097_display_image-1.jpg

nfl1986w03miamidolphinsnewyorkjets4551ot-1.jpg

T
here was clearly a lot more blue back then... and that's how the real "aqua" color should look like

Make the jersey white all the way to the pads where the orange line streams across. Leave the orange stream with the sleaves and the pads aqua. Color the numbers with either aqua or orange- now we talkin.

dolfinuni-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom