If (When) Miami Has #1 Overall Pick in 2020... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If (When) Miami Has #1 Overall Pick in 2020...

Trade #1 Overall Pick?

• Yes

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I’m taking best player available if we have first pick. And that very well could be Chase Young from Ohio state he looks like an Elite Edge defender. Based on what I’ve seen from our front office (rumored interest in Trey Flowers and Jadeveon Clowney). I would not be shocked to see us draft the top pass rusher and build up the OL and go for Lawrence or Fields in 2021. But still think we need to evaluate the QBs and if we feel any could be a top tier QB you draft them

I just want an accurate passer. Tua is that dude. I know he plays for Bama and has a ton of weapons but he puts the ball on the money.

I’ll be rooting for 2021, Lawrence is the golden goose IMO.

I think it's premature to be completely sold on Trevor Lawrence. Tua also won a huge game for a Nat'l title when nobody had the book on him yet. In the NFL, I recall Kaepernick turning the league upside down to get the 49ers to a SB and within an eyelash of winning it only to be exposed the following season once teams had an offseason to prepare for him.

I'm not saying Lawrence won't be good or even great. But I'm curious to see how this current season unfolds first. Tua followed his grand entrance into college football with a stellar Sophomore campaign as the full time starter. Perhaps Lawrence, who played more as a freshman than Tua did, will do the same. But I want to see it first.

Between the 2 right now, I believe Tua to be the better fit. But that could change by the end of this college football season.

I wasn't sold on Tua or buying the hype after he helped the Tide to win that title game. But I was swayed by what I saw the follow up season. I think we all need to see that from Lawrence too before believing he's anyone's golden goose.

There is no way they are putting off the QB decision for another year. It's all about getting their QB in the next draft. They might not even be close to having that chance in 2021. There is way too many unknown factors two years out. What if Lawrence gets hurt or doesn't declare for the draft or you don't have the top pick but another QB needy team does? What would be your fallback plan? It would be WAY to risky to play that game. Grier's ass is on the line. He can't the chance of waiting two freaking years.

The best thing for the Miami Dolphins is to have the no.1 pick in each of the next two drafts.

And go from there.

I have the patience for a dynasty.

What’s missing in this is my belief that the Texans are using a FAILED formula because their coach is desperate.

2020 the Texans very likely firectheir coach and start from scratch. We may have a top pick then too.

Flores and Grier put in motion a plan that can help us have blue chip talent for years to come.

No, it’s clear the plan is to get a QB next draft, stay at 1 take your guy

Considering the interest we had in Rosen and then the interest in trading FOR Clowney, I wouldn’t say any plan is clear.

The plan is constantly evolving. As it should.

Yea I mean it will be damn near impossible to pass up a QB if you have the top spot.

But I will say, it's all about conviction. This group of coaches seem to know what they are doing and they are watching Josh everyday and watching the strides he is making. Josh has a leg up on every single QB in the 2020 draft even if he doesn't take a snap in 2019 and he can earn that conviction just by the way he handles himself, this situation and continues to work hard and improve.

If Miami trades out of the top pick, it won't be because an offer floored them, it will be because Josh Rosen did in 2019. The extra picks are a welcome bonus.

Very early to speculate as to what we'll do. Many things can change in a year so I'm not going to worry about it. All I know is I like having all those picks and knowing that the 2020 draft seems to have several good QB's and WR's as well and on defense there's a few very good DE's. The draft should be fun for us.

I think I’m taking best player available if we have first pick. And that very well could be Chase Young from Ohio state he looks like an Elite Edge defender. Based on what I’ve seen from our front office (rumored interest in Trey Flowers and Jadeveon Clowney). I would not be shocked to see us draft the top pass rusher and build up the OL and go for Lawrence or Fields in 2021. But still think we need to evaluate the QBs and if we feel any could be a top tier QB you draft them
Exactly my thoughts. If we do draft a qb I’d love to move up to get Chase Young after that. What a draft that would be.

Back
Top Bottom