If (When) Miami Has #1 Overall Pick in 2020... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If (When) Miami Has #1 Overall Pick in 2020...

Trade #1 Overall Pick?

• Yes

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It all depends on if Rosen is "the guy", which is why we need to stop wasting games on Fitzpatrick. We have punted this season. We're not tanking intentionally, but we're setting up field position for the future. If Rosen isn't, then I would take a QB this year and next year. If he is, then BPA.

It all depends on if Rosen is "the guy", which is why we need to stop wasting games on Fitzpatrick. We have punted this season. We're not tanking intentionally, but we're setting up field position for the future. If Rosen isn't, then I would take a QB this year and next year. If he is, then BPA.
Regardless of when or even if Rosen starts we can still draft a QB high.

Should they trade it for even more picks, and go for their qb in 2021? Or should they keep it and take their QB in 2020?

It’s hard to tell if Miami is going for a 2020 QB or a 2021 QB.

You draft your QB in 2020, it’s not even a question. This QB class in 2020 has the potential to be as good or better than the 2003 class that had Eli Manning, Ben Rothlesberger, and Phillip Rivers.

You take your QB next year and let him compete with Rosen and u use all of those damn draft picks to surround him with weapons and protection.

If you watch the Oregon game I don't like Herbert. He has a lot of flaws. Tua has some negatives too. Against competition that is equal to his he's been average. Remember most games he plays he's got All Stars on his team and the other team has maybe a few quality players. I am waiting for the quality opponents to see how he plays. And their is no guarantee he come's out this year either.

Should they trade it for even more picks, and go for their qb in 2021? Or should they keep it and take their QB in 2020?

It’s hard to tell if Miami is going for a 2020 QB or a 2021 QB.
Well, I think it depends on how they evaluate Tua, Herbert and the other quarterbacks from 2020. If they think one of those guys can be a top 10 caliber quarterback in the NFL I think they go that route.

Of course, it also depends on their evaluation of Rosen. Lots of moving pieces still in place.

There is no way they are putting off the QB decision for another year. It's all about getting their QB in the next draft. They might not even be close to having that chance in 2021. There is way too many unknown factors two years out. What if Lawrence gets hurt or doesn't declare for the draft or you don't have the top pick but another QB needy team does? What would be your fallback plan? It would be WAY to risky to play that game. Grier's *** is on the line. He can't the chance of waiting two freaking years.

I disagree. The fact that Flores was given a 5 year deal suggests they have at least 3 seasons to show they're headed in the right direction. The only way they get canned is if they mess up at the draft, and the easiest way to do that is to reach for someone. Tua might be the best QB available without being anywhere near the best player. How many of the top QB's playing in the NFL right now were drafted with the 1st overall pick?

Very early to speculate as to what we'll do. Many things can change in a year so I'm not going to worry about it. All I know is I like having all those picks and knowing that the 2020 draft seems to have several good QB's and WR's as well and on defense there's a few very good DE's. The draft should be fun for us.

Unfortunately i'll be in Vegas a few weeks before the draft, but i'm already looking at heading to Cleveland for 2021.

Wouldn't trade it regardless.

I want Tua, but I'd imagine it's going to be Tua vs. Herbert in the FO. And if they somehow feel like Rosen is the guy going forward.... I'm not passing on a guy like Chase Young, especially with all the draft capital we already have in the next two drafts.

If you watch the Oregon game I don't like Herbert. He has a lot of flaws. Tua has some negatives too. Against competition that is equal to his he's been average. Remember most games he plays he's got All Stars on his team and the other team has maybe a few quality players. I am waiting for the quality opponents to see how he plays. And their is no guarantee he come's out this year either.

If Tua tanks he'll stay.

Seriously doubt that happens.

After that -- we're talking HUGE $$$$ vs. take another lap in college and
in the process risk injury, a bad year or not to mention the fact Trevor
bumps him off the #1 spot in 21.

I'd say the odds are probably 95%+ he comes out...

Did not vote, because it depends on how Rosen looks this year. Obviously if Rosen fails, Miami will probably either stay and pickup one of the QBs, or trade up for the QB they want, depending where they're drafting.

If on the other hand Rosen looks good, Miami trades the picks for picks in 2021, this allows them to get an even bigger look at Rosen in 2020, and if he succeeds, we have our QB, use the picks in other areas, but if he fails in 2020, Miami hopefully goes full boat at Lawrence in 2021.

Personally I hope nobody is hoping to see Miami fail in epic proportions to be able to draft one of the top QBs next year, or Lawrence in 2021.

Hope for what you have in hand now, don't fantasize about what we may possibly get at QB in the next few years.

Best thing that could happen for the rebuild is what I keep saying...Rosen proves it on the field this season. Then you build around him with the massive draft capital and cap space. If Rosen looks the part, I am definitely trading the 2020 #1 overall pick for a king’s ransom.

Back
Top Bottom