if you could play any position on the field.. what would it be? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if you could play any position on the field.. what would it be?

If I had the ability(arm strength, and some speed), I would have loved to have been a quarterback.
Otherwise middle linebacker would have been my top choice.
I actually did play a few plays at that posistion my sophmore year, and it was a lot more comfortable than noseguard.

Hey I'm still in middle school and I play RE and I hope I can fight for a spot at TE because one of my previous coaches told me I had really good hands and I like receiving but I'm too big to be a wide receiver.

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with Jack Meehov.

TE is the ultimate position. Big enough to handle blocking duties, yet agile and skilled enough to catch passes and mow the secondary down.

I am not saying for one instant that I have the size, skills or talent to play anywhere on an nfl team, but if I could play anywhere it would be TE.

I guess none of you have the balls to admit you want to be a punter. At least I am honest. Screw hitting, screw being "tough," I'd rather get paid 500K to kick a ball a few times.

wr and anywhere in the def backfield thats where i played from rec to varsity i played alot of wing back. oh how i miss those days.

TAILBACK

I want the ball and the ability to impact the game.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS

4) SS (like to play 'spy' and keep stuff in front of me rather than CB where you are on an island)

You're kidding, right? Do you honestly think that is all a SS does? Granted the defense I play in now uses a SS like a FS, I am used as a traditional quite often. Safeties get put on "islands" quite often, and almost always on a TE or RB. If they catch it, they usually have about 20 pounds on you, so bringing them down is quite a task. Secondly, you have to have as good of instincts as anyone on the field. That includes reading a play, recognizing routes, reading a reciever to see what he is going to do, and anything else like that you can think of. In reality, a SS is almost never a spy, unless you play in a basic cover-2 scheme. It kinda bugs me that you would simplify the position so much that you would call it a "spy". :rolleyes:

As for the main topic of the thread. I'd love to be an NFL cornerback. I get to stay in the defensive backfield, but I would also get paid a pretty penny. Above all that, I love the rush of being matched up one-on-one with a WR. Thats as close to a duel as you can get in this day and age......

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
As much as it pains me, I have to agree with Jack Meehov.

TE is the ultimate position. Big enough to handle blocking duties, yet agile and skilled enough to catch passes and mow the secondary down.

I am not saying for one instant that I have the size, skills or talent to play anywhere on an nfl team, but if I could play anywhere it would be TE.

What the he!! did I ever do to you Jax?

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
1a) FS (like coverage more than anything)
1b) QB
1c) RB
4) SS (like to play 'spy' and keep stuff in front of me rather than CB where you are on an island)
5) CB
6) WR
7) DT
8) LB
9) DE
10) FB
11) OC/OL
12) and last.... TE....

did i leave any out (besides ST's)?

Dude it was a one position question not 12. Nice picture of you by the way

Originally posted by Danny
QB, I never really play in school(our school didn't have a team..lol) but I still remember playing out in the street(concret) and it was a great feeling being in control. At the time we all had made up names and I was always Bob Griese on offence.I was just a kid at the time.
Ozzy rules!!!

Same deal here tho we played on grass. Also, I was older than that when Griese played. I did play basketball in High school. Our little parochial high school only had 400+ students, but for some reason, we were in the large school class. I think it was called division I, not IA (I don`t think the alphabet had been invented yet. :lol: ) Made it to the regionals one year.

I played weakside LB. in high school, so that would definitely be my choice in the nfl, especially getting paid for something i did for free. I LOVED blitzing situations, and getting to the quarterback unblocked at full speed!

Back
Top Bottom