Igbinoghene question/McCain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Igbinoghene question/McCain

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Strategy-wise why didn’t Miami switch him off Diggs? And is Miami alternating McCain and Jones at safety? Seems McCain has same issues on deep ball

Athletic wise Igbo matched up best with Diggs, a lot of the plays he was actually in pretty decent coverage. 1) Diggs is big time and 2) Igbo is still the youngest player in nfl he’s gonna have these games. The more concerning thing for me is the fact that Bills ran same crosser man beater over the middle of the field like 10 times and torched us. I really wish we would run a little more zone mixed in because it made us way too predictable Bills gameplan took advantage and probably was the difference in the game

Idt, X is anywhere close to 100%. Igby definitely got his initiation today and that's fine. A great receiver schooled him. Every CB that's ever played gets torched, we all know that.

I remember when Randy Moss torched Revis so bad that he had to fake an injury. That no look TD catch that earned him a 100 spectacular catch in Madden was brutal.

Strategy-wise why didn’t Miami switch him off Diggs? And is Miami alternating McCain and Jones at safety? Seems McCain has same issues on deep ball

If we had Howard follow Diggs around every play, it gives away our coverage. I'm not a fan of that unless its a 2-minute drill situation. What we should have done is given Igbinoghene some help, or mixed in some zone coverages, especially since the Bills like to run downfield pick/rubs and Allen has the occasional erratic throw. We also had no pass rush, which seems like its going to be a problem all year.

I also saw Xavien getting beat a few times. He looked gassed.

Brown is just as good wouldn't have mattered rookies are going to have tough games

I also saw Xavien getting beat a few times. He looked gassed.

Easy to forget since we gave up the game-ending TD a play later that X had an INT go right off his hands. I wasn't that upset at the time since third down was coming up and I thought we'd get better field position from a punt.

Back
Top Bottom