Igbinoghene question/McCain | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Igbinoghene question/McCain

The rookie had to play against a super star WR with no pass rush to help his coverage. He was covering deep routes from outside one hash to the other hash.

I'm sure the defense called for the deep safety to provide double coverage like every other team does. Except the guy playing back there doesn't have a clue so he never gets close enough to help.

Igbo was constantly burned today. It kills me, why is your number 1 CB not covering their number WR. Just doesn’t make sense.
Apparently the #1 CB was covering their number one WR. Jones is #1, I don't think the staff thought X was healthy enough to cover Diggs? who knows.

I'm not that concerned about the fact Igbo was on him. Im concerned with the fact that the #1 mentality of the Pat's is take away the opponents best player and i think it was Diggs and there was no game plan for doubling him or giving Igbo help. They seemed content with leaving the rookie on an Island even though we were getting beaten repeatedly

Apparently the #1 CB was covering their number one WR. Jones is #1, I don't think the staff thought X was healthy enough to cover Diggs? who knows.
it's a known issue that they prefer to keep their boundary CBs on the same side week to week. Probably helps refine their technique but makes it simple for opp. to match up as they like

To Iggy’s credit he didn’t quit. Yes they didn’t do the young man any favors. I think this experience will make him a better player down the road. Better luck on Thursday night.
IF only the front 7 could actually get some kind of pressure do the DBs aren’t hung out to dry.

I’m fine with Igby getting the experience. This team is still far from being a contender so to me it’s all about growth. This was a great lesson for him today. McCain is someone I’ve wanted gone for the past several years. Not sure why we are continuing this experiment

To Iggy’s credit he didn’t quit. Yes they didn’t do the young man any favors. I think this experience will make him a better player down the road. Better luck on Thursday night.

Didn't quit, I mean not everyone pulls a Vontae and walks off midgame or anything.

There is absolutely no way the coaching staff should have hung Igbo out to dry like that. It was like punishment. After a couple of plays then you have to adjust. You just can’t do that. It’s inexcusable. Diggs should have been bracketed.

After only two games, Boyer’s performance is frankly alarming. He’s had no answers let alone being able to force the offense to deal with you. The moment looks too big for him.

I guess the point of my post is why didn’t Flores make an adjustment at all? Strategically, is it where the WR linesup? Or was it the WR itself? No pass rush did not help, I get it. McCain looked lost on the last TD not sure why you don’t defend the goal line.

This game was less about your CBs and more about your pass rush. Bills didn’t respect it at all so this week all these long developing Crossers and double moves were put into this week.

example last week it was all short get the ball out type routes because Jets and Williams love of the Blitz. I wouldn’t hammer on your CBS defending crossers in man for 3 to 4 seconds is damn near impossible.

This game was less about your CBs and more about your pass rush. Bills didn’t respect it at all so this week all these long developing Crossers and double moves were put into this week.

example last week it was all short get the ball out type routes because Jets and Williams love of the Blitz. I wouldn’t hammer on your CBS defending crossers in man for 3 to 4 seconds is damn near impossible.
You have a point, but many are questioning the sheme/gameplan rather than the cornerbacks themselves.

There is absolutely no way the coaching staff should have hung Igbo out to dry like that. It was like punishment. After a couple of plays then you have to adjust. You just can’t do that. It’s inexcusable. Diggs should have been bracketed.

After only two games, Boyer’s performance is frankly alarming. He’s had no answers let alone being able to force the offense to deal with you. The moment looks too big for him.

Boyer is running Flo’s defense, he’s just calling the plays. The ultimate design of the scheme is from Flores. If Boyer is struggling the Flo should’ve stepped in to help during the game, not wait until film review. I just don’t know if he won’t do it or can’t do it. Frankly both If those options are very Concerning.

Back
Top Bottom