Igbinoghene question/McCain | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Igbinoghene question/McCain

You have a point, but many are questioning the sheme/gameplan rather than the cornerbacks themselves.
Could have gone zone as well, but those routes (seen it alot on the videos from Camp) have designed sit down points as well. This is the issue with Zero pass rush cannot force the quick pass before either clear or in the sit down spot. It was shown a couple times as well with the miscommunication between Allen and the WRs at times, where they sat and he thought they were going to keep running or vise versa. I would not put that much on your DBs covering Brown Beasley and Diggs man on man is hard enough with their precise routes and speed. Now trying to do it with ZERO pass rush as I said it is damn near impossible for any scheme.

I have to wonder if it was Brandon Jones back there if that pass wouldve gotten played better (the long TD)

This game was less about your CBs and more about your pass rush. Bills didn’t respect it at all so this week all these long developing Crossers and double moves were put into this week.

example last week it was all short get the ball out type routes because Jets and Williams love of the Blitz. I wouldn’t hammer on your CBS defending crossers in man for 3 to 4 seconds is damn near impossible.
This is exactly the issue. You cant shut down receivers with coverage in today's NFL (or even in the old days for the most part) You have to get to the QB...sacks are great, but just throwing off the rhythm of the play or not letting him get through his progressions, set his feet, etc makes all the difference. He had a completely clean pocket all day...

Iggy had a tough day but I have hope that he can improve and be a contributor to a high end defense.

I have no hope that McCain will improve and be a positive. I get that he communicates well...there has to be another safety in the country that can communicate well and actually fulfill the other elements of the position.

Easy to forget since we gave up the game-ending TD a play later that X had an INT go right off his hands. I wasn't that upset at the time since third down was coming up and I thought we'd get better field position from a punt.

X was badly beaten on that play. Allen threw it to the wrong spot. So they got back in the huddle, ran the exact same play and got a touchdown the next play.

X was badly beaten on that play. Allen threw it to the wrong spot. So they got back in the huddle, ran the exact same play and got a touchdown the next play.

Yep it is an option route. First throw Allen thought Brown was going to keep pushing up field. Came back different formation same route combination and both read the backside safety correctly and connection happened.

No, this wasn’t a case of Igbo having good coverage that he couldn’t hold.

Igbo was getting beat immediately and then was chasing. He lacks experience and technique. He was put into an overwhelming situation. The coaching staff should have seen that twice and then given him help. This was independent of the pass rush.

Obviously they have to do a better job scheming a pass rush but the thought process hanging Igbo out to dry was reckless at best.

Also based on what I saw and with how Igbinoghene played with the Tough assignment of Diggs. I would take him in a heart beat and make him my No2 CB over Levi Wallace in a heart Beat. He wasnt really roasted. Most plays I saw a rookie in close or decent coverage against an All Pro WR (minus when he was rubbed off). Allen had small windows to drop the ball into alot, he just made the throws.

- Youngest player in the NFL
- Converted receiver that's only been playing cornerback for 2 years
- Playing in 2nd NFL game
- Didn't have a preseason
- Doesn't have a pass rush to help him
- Received a battlefield promotion in 2nd career NFL game with no preseason
- Asked to cover a top 5 NFL receiver despite all these factors

All I'll say is this - I've been watching Noah Igbinoghene since he played here for Hewitt-Trussville. Believe me when I say I have no doubt in my mind that he can play.

I'm not sure I can say the same for some of Miami's coaches.

- Youngest player in the NFL
- Converted receiver that's only been playing cornerback for 2 years
- Playing in 2nd NFL game
- Didn't have a preseason
- Doesn't have a pass rush to help him
- Received a battlefield promotion in 2nd career NFL game with no preseason
- Asked to cover a top 5 NFL receiver despite all these factors

All I'll say is this - I've been watching Noah Igbinoghene since he played here for Hewitt-Trussville. Believe me when I say I have no doubt in my mind that he can play.

I'm not sure I can say the same for some of Miami's coaches.
Maybe Fins will fall out of love with him, like have good players in the past. I would LOVE him on my team.

Maybe Fins will fall out of love with him, like have good players in the past. I would LOVE him on my team.

If I was him I might think about having my Olympic athlete mom tweet about how unhappy I am and how clueless my coaches are. Mayor Grier should quickly follow that up by trading me to Buffalo so I can play opposite Tre'D White.

I don’t think you’re getting it. He’s a fantastic prospect. He was put into a ridiculous situation.
I do get it. I would love him on my team, and Fins have fallen out of love with talent in the past and other teams able to steal said talent. And why I am saying I hope Fins FO fall out of love with him because I would gladly take him as my CB2.

example last week it was all short get the ball out type routes because Jets and Williams love of the Blitz. I wouldn’t hammer on your CBS defending crossers in man for 3 to 4 seconds is damn near impossible.

I wouldn’t be mad at the CBs for this. But as I said in a prior post, we shouldn’t be asking our CBs to do this. We had other options, like mixing in some zone coverage or blitzing the QB and forcing throws. Also we didn’t use our safeties well. I think my criticism is more towards the scheme than to the players. And then if it’s a scheme issue, is that Flores or the DC making those calls?

I do get it. I would love him on my team, and Fins have fallen out of love with talent in the past and other teams able to steal said talent. And why I am saying I hope Fins FO fall out of love with him because I would gladly take him as my CB2.

Miami fans are fickle people dude. I'm included in this endless cycle. You have to remember that a lot of us old grumpy ****ers remember a "bad season" as going 9-7 and forget about 8-8 or worse. Now after decades of ineptitude we'd be happy with 9-7 and are pissed at ourselves that we'd settle for that.

Back
Top Bottom