Illini | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Illini

Your squad? So you went to dook? It would be depressing if someone as inarticulate as you was a product of that school. Yes we will see MY tarheels take down the dookies. I have a lot of respect for coach k and what hes done over the years, but this year his team just isnt good enough.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I'll just wait until Feb. 9th to let my squad do the talking, I'm done talking with you UNC clowns in this thread. Your a joke just like your squad is. Can you say Santa Clara!

Isn't it interesting how even w/ the SC loss the heels are still ranked ahead of duke? I can't wait until the Heels bring us back in time to the good old days when we dominated duke(pre '99). duke has ownd the Heels for a while but the Heels owned duke for alot longer prior to this stretch and the good old days are coming back.

duke didn't look to good the other night at home vs. a bad clemson team PLUS they lost reggie Love. Reggie stinks but he is what they consider depth in durham this year and w/ Shav out ther are paper thin up front.

Talk is cheap. A win is a win plus we were off for a couple of weeks so I'm not worried. We have Princeton and Temple to work out our kinks against so I'm not going to over-react. Love is a tougher loss then people think for the simple fact that he has logged minutes on a solid team a couple of years back, so he's not a stranger to the game. Randolph will be back quicker then people expect so he's not much of a worry either. Seeing him at yesterday's game was a major relief. No doubt we didn't play our A game against Clemson but we got hot at the right time and the rest is history. We'll see Feb. 9th who's who in the ACC. We play Wake, G-Tech, and Carilona all in one week. No better way to prepare for the ACC tourny and the NCAA tourny then taking on a week like that!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Talk is cheap. A win is a win plus we were off for a couple of weeks so I'm not worried. We have Princeton and Temple to work out our kinks against so I'm not going to over-react. Love is a tougher loss then people think for the simple fact that he has logged minutes on a solid team a couple of years back, so he's not a stranger to the game. Randolph will be back quicker then people expect so he's not much of a worry either. Seeing him at yesterday's game was a major relief. No doubt we didn't play our A game against Clemson but we got hot at the right time and the rest is history. We'll see Feb. 9th who's who in the ACC. We play Wake, G-Tech, and Carilona all in one week. No better way to prepare for the ACC tourny and the NCAA tourny then taking on a week like that!

Wake, Tech and UNC is a tough week. Staring Sat the Heels play MD, Tech then at Wake in an 8 day span. I am looking forward to ACC play.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Good news nyjunc, BJ Elder's out 1-3 weeks!

Even though he torched us down at Tech last year I'd still like him to play. I'm very confident in this team and I'd rather play them at their best as it will only makes us better in the long run. Any update on when Shav will be back?

Not sure when Shav is back, they said he needed to rest for a month to 6 weeks about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I'm sure he'll be back for UNC, he was at the game the other night so if he's there, it's a good sign.

BJ Elder is a big loss to Tech and even though you can take more gratification in beating them at full strength, I for one wouldn't mind them getting upset a few times while he's out so that Duke has an opportunity to get a game or two lead on the top teams in the ACC early (or before we run into Tech, Wake, and UNC). Hopefully Tech will be upset by Miami tonight.!

That was as impressive a win as I have seen in a LONG time, Maryland has a good team but the heels made them look like a HS team.

Right now, Carilona is the favorite hands down. Their destroying teams. We got NC State tonight and I think we'll take care of our business. I think a lot of teams in the ACC are overrated. I won't put Tech in there yet because Elder didn't play (not that he would of been much of a difference) but Maryland, NC State, and possibly Tech aren't Final 4 contenders IMO. I think Duke, Wake, and North Carilona are the real deal and after that I think the ACC has respectable teams, but no one I think will be making any noise when it counts!

What a day of sports for myself on saturday. UNC at Wake at 1:30PM then the Jets play Pitt at 4:30PM. UNC-Wake is a huge game and if the Heels can get this one there is no way they don't win the ACC reg season title.

I am interested tos ee that Duke-State, State is better than they have shown and Duke has struggled at the RBC the past couple of years so I expect a good game but I also expect Duke to come away w/ the W.

Back
Top Bottom