I’m getting old. And I miss Jim Mandich. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m getting old. And I miss Jim Mandich.

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
You obviously know the John Anderson song Straight Tequila Night.

I have those. But they are Dan Marino nights. I watch old games and highlights and everyone just needs to leave me the **** alone.

But tonight it just rang true, watching those old games, how much I miss “Aaalriiiiiiight Miamiiiii!” That classic voice inflection. His perfect nuance calling a big play.

Rest well Mad dog. We miss you.

I think of Mandich as a player. He became well known nationally as a result of Michigan's stunning 24-12 upset of top ranked Ohio State in 1969. There was a famous photo of Mandich that made the national coverage of that game. Ohio State was defending national champion and being touted as the greatest team of all time.

I have no impression whatsoever of Mandich as a broadcaster, although I know he became popular in the role. It will forever astonish me that the pantyhose passing years of the '80s and '90s were somehow held in high regard by other Dolphin fans.

It will forever astonish me that the pantyhose passing years of the '80s and '90s were somehow held in high regard by other Dolphin fans.
What does that even mean?

Sounds as if you only respect a certain era of the game?

You obviously know the John Anderson song Straight Tequila Night.

I have those. But they are Dan Marino nights. I watch old games and highlights and everyone just needs to leave me the **** alone.

But tonight it just rang true, watching those old games, how much I miss “Aaalriiiiiiight Miamiiiii!” That classic voice inflection. His perfect nuance calling a big play.

Rest well Mad dog. We miss you.
I'm right there with you brother. He never sugar coated anything. I miss the good old days 😔

I'm getting old and I miss the 80s.
I’m getting old and I miss the, “free love” 60’s. Considering how many of my generation marched against the war in Vietnam and stood up for equal justice for all, I am disappointed in how many of them as they have grown older seem to have forgotten what they stood for in the 1960’s.

I’m getting old and I miss the, “free love” 60’s. Considering how many of my generation marched against the war in Vietnam and stood up for equal justice for all, I am disappointed in how many of them as they have grown older seem to have forgotten what they stood for in the 1960’s.
Who doesn't miss free love? Lord knows I've been paying a premium for it since the day I got married...
1620572482305.png

So, we're all getting old. Boo hoo. Lol.

As my wife often reminds me, that is the goal. The alternative is six feet under after all.

I will say the game was better when I was younger than the players. Watching Wilson get drafted by the Jets, he looks like he's 16. Hard to root against someone a few years older than my son. It will help when he puts on that "stinkin" Jets uniform.

I remember watching those Raider teams of the 70s. Half of them looked like the had just escaped from prison. The players were men, not boys.

It definitely hurts when members of that great 70's team pass away. It's been a year since Don Shula passed. It doesn't seem that long ago when I heard him interviewed for the first time. I thought he was a great role model.

The rant is over. Let's hope we have some championships to talk about again. It can't be all about the past.

Last edited:
One game we were getting routed and playing horribly and Jimbo says," the distinct aroma of cow manure is waifing up to the booth!" The man told the truth even if it was painful and not enjoyable to hear. He was nobody's yes man and if a player was dogging it Mad Dog would call him out every time! I only met him once at some Dolphin event and he was just like you expected him to be. They've never replaced him in the booth. They tried with different guys but nobody has Mad Dog's style and candidness and innate charm! The Dolphin radio broadcasts are so bad that I can't tune in no matter how terrible the telecast is. Jimmy Cefalo as play by play is a complete and total disaster. His fake excitement voice is like nails on a chalk board. They really need to get him out of there. They put Jason Taylor in the booth but he also didn't show much personality. Joe Rose is still there but doesn't say very much and Bob Griese is fired finally. I'm stuck with the telecast even if Rich Gannon and James Lofton are rooting against us all game long.

Well since we're talking about what we miss.....I miss the days when anything short of the AFC championship game was a failure.

I miss when MTV used to show rock videos.

But mostly I miss the days when people didn't get offended by everything.

One game we were getting routed and playing horribly and Jimbo says," the distinct aroma of cow manure is waifing up to the booth!" The man told the truth even if it was painful and not enjoyable to hear. He was nobody's yes man and if a player was dogging it Mad Dog would call him out every time! I only met him once at some Dolphin event and he was just like you expected him to be. They've never replaced him in the booth. They tried with different guys but nobody has Mad Dog's style and candidness and innate charm! The Dolphin radio broadcasts are so bad that I can't tune in no matter how terrible the telecast is. Jimmy Cefalo as play by play is a complete and total disaster. His fake excitement voice is like nails on a chalk board. They really need to get him out of there. They put Jason Taylor in the booth but he also didn't show much personality. Joe Rose is still there but doesn't say very much and Bob Griese is fired finally. I'm stuck with the telecast even if Rich Gannon and James Lofton are rooting against us all game long.
Maybe they should give Channing Crowder a shot, it certainly would be entertaining... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom