Im not bashing ronnie | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im not bashing ronnie

Ronnie is fast, but his juking back and forth seems to hinder his yardage and running....Ronnie needs to find the hole and run through it and keep on running....I still like him over Sammy and Ricky though.

dabeastdabone said:
Dolpin fans are to busy searching for a hero to admit it. Doesn't matter, those who accept what is around the Dolphins right now as greatness on any level is beyond reason. The Dolphins have developed into a mediocre franchise with fans accepting mediocre goals. Look at the rookie class this year in the NFL. And in Miami the Ronnie excuses roll on.
Couldn't have been said better. Everyone wants SO BADLY for the guy to be great and like you said, to have a franchise player and the truth is, in comparison to the draft classes around 2005 he probably doesn't go top 20 in 2004 or 2006.

Muck said:
Ronnie's faster. Sammy has better vision.

If Morris had a little more speed and bulk, he'd be a helluva back.

I think Morris IS a helluva back. Saban should have been rotating these two guys all year. Successful running teams rotate their backs.

Dmancari23 said:
Sammie doesn't get himself into piles. It's Ronnie's lack of up the field speed that gets him caught up in those piles while Sammie hits the holes and is picking up 5.3 yards per carry. I don't care what the guy's name is or where he is drafted, if he's getting my team 5.3 ypc, I'm a happy camper. Our 1st rounder hasn't come close to that kind of production.

Where in this post does it say that Sammy Morris is averaging 5.3yds a carry AFTER the Ronnie Brown injury? It looks to me as if you're saying that Sammy is averaging 5.3yds per carry on the year.....but maybe I can't read:shakeno: Stop revising your posts after people correct you.

Now that I know what you were trying to say...that is a good average per carry. But can he do it for an entire season...probably not.

I think people are trying harder to debunk Ronnie....not people trying too hard to make him out to be a hero. I don't think Ronnie is a hero, nor do I think he is Larry Johnson or Ladanian Tomlinson. I do think he is a better running back than Sammy Morris...regardless of the last 2 1/2 games. I'm sure we can find a 2 1/2 game span where Ronnie had that kind of avg. per carry (in 3 games against the Jets, Packers & Bears...Ronnie averaged 5.2yds a carry....66 carries for 343yds).

I don't want people to think I dislike Sammy either....Sammy is doing a great job of filling in for Ronnie, and I hope he keeps it up.

kingfin23 said:
Seems to me Sammie Morris is faster then Ronnie Brown.I like the way Sammie hits the hole.Ronnie better get his speed up.He plays too slow.Ronnie gotta take the ball and just run.He got to stop that stutter step.Ricky will show him nexted year.How to hit the hole..Come-on Ronnie on routing for ya kid...Does anyone think ronnie is just to slow..

Ronnie Brown couldn't out run my 56 year old uncle and he's deceased. But Brown is a work horse and very powerful. He get's the yards inbetween the tackles more often than not. If he only had that break away spead he'd be 2nd only to LT. Sammie Morris can not hold a candle to Ronnie Brown. Sammie is just as slow. Look at the break he had on Sunday. He was two steps ahead of the entire defense and couldn't break away. He looked around and decided a stiff arm was his best chance to reach the endzone because he too lacks the afterburners.

Seems to me Sammie Morris is faster then Ronnie Brown.I like the way Sammie hits the hole.Ronnie better get his speed up.He plays too slow.Ronnie gotta take the ball and just run.He got to stop that stutter step.Ricky will show him nexted year.How to hit the hole..Come-on Ronnie on routing for ya kid...Does anyone think ronnie is just to slow..

KINGFIN: these are the things i have been trying to tell everyone
since he was drafted.

he has NO moves and NO vision. thats why he has NEVER started
anywhere he has been [except on nicks team].

he doesnt hit the hole hard. mostely because of poor vision and
lack of moves and instincts.

his speed was VASTLY HYPED by that phantom 4:3 speed time
at the combine that NO ONE could seem to PROVE it's legitimacy.

and YES!! for gods sake ronnie, STOP THAT DAMNED SILLY JR HI
SCHOOL WIGGLE MOVE!! he would get 20 more yds a game if he
would just run and not stop and juke back and forth. he IS a very
strong kid and he can bowl people over, but he chooses to do that
dumb arse wiggle move instead of run through the defender.

and thats what a big strong kid HAS to do when he has NO MOVES!

and F/A sammy morris is making our 30 million dollar wonder back look
pretty silly right now!!!

KUECH FOR GM!!

chambers09 said:
ricky is and will be better than either of them
Damed Straight...Ricky made our POS Oline look like superstars for 3 years...

BLITZKRIEG said:
Ronnie is overrated. It's as simple as that in my opinion....

After watching guys like Jones-Drew / Gore / Parker / and Bush play, they make Ronnie look like nothing but a second string talent. Even after only two starts, Morris is begining to make Ronnie look overrated. Sad, but true....

PHINZ RULE!!!!
Yeah, I wonder what kind of gaurenteed money these guys needed to play (Ignore this in relation to Bush). Id take the cadilac over ronnie. At least he started...

Redneck Friend said:
KINGFIN: these are the things i have been trying to tell everyone
since he was drafted.

he has NO moves and NO vision. thats why he has NEVER started
anywhere he has been [except on nicks team].

he doesnt hit the hole hard. mostely because of poor vision and
lack of moves and instincts.

his speed was VASTLY HYPED by that phantom 4:3 speed time
at the combine that NO ONE could seem to PROVE it's legitimacy.

and YES!! for gods sake ronnie, STOP THAT DAMNED SILLY JR HI
SCHOOL WIGGLE MOVE!! he would get 20 more yds a game if he
would just run and not stop and juke back and forth. he IS a very
strong kid and he can bowl people over, but he chooses to do that
dumb arse wiggle move instead of run through the defender.

and thats what a big strong kid HAS to do when he has NO MOVES!

and F/A sammy morris is making our 30 million dollar wonder back look
pretty silly right now!!!

KUECH FOR GM!!

Shh...they dont like to be told that picking a 2nd stringer in college at that position in the draft was a mistake. ****PLEASE GOD LET RICKY COME BACK NEXT YEAR****

RB's biggest problem this season (before the injury hit) was a certain OC named Mike. His talent demands that he gets plenty of carries per game.
How soon many people forget how many yards RW did not get in the beginning of them game. He got his most yards as the game progressed. MM's game plans have not focused on this so much.

Ronnie Brown is very fast, he just needs to get a little more confident & adjust to the NFL. I think he'll be one helluva player.

kingfin23 said:
in a word.... NO

they are both fast, but morris is not an every down back like ronnie.

if you are looking for some silver lining to having morris in instead of Brown, the fins offense pass a lot more than run, so having a 3rd down back on the field all the time could be an advantage. it does decrease the fins run game, but the fins wont run much.

ch19079 said:
in a word.... NO

they are both fast, but morris is not an every down back like ronnie.

if you are looking for some silver lining to having morris in instead of Brown, the fins offense pass a lot more than run, so having a 3rd down back on the field all the time could be an advantage. it does decrease the fins run game, but the fins wont run much.

Yea, tell us about it... you can have your OC back now.

phinphan11 said:
Yea, tell us about it... you can have your OC back now.
he was our head coach.

and no thanks.

consitering how poorly the bills have been stopping the run, almost any other OC would run 75% of the time agenst us.

ch19079 said:
he was our head coach.

and no thanks.

consitering how poorly the bills have been stopping the run, almost any other OC would run 75% of the time agenst us.

Actually, he looked like an OC trying to act like a HC but didn't do a very good job at it.

zonk4ever said:
Ronnie must be the slowest 4.43 guy in the NFL, but it's really not that. When you see Sammie run, your seeing a guy who runs with desire, a guy not highly paid, always a back-up, a guy who plays like he needs a paycheck. Ronnie, on the other hand, runs like a guy with 20 million already in the bank. I'm not sure we can change that.

Can I nominate this as the dumbest post of the year??? Ronnie breaks tackle after tackle after tackle, and drags guys with him just for a few extra yards or inches when the team needs them, and he plays like he's just after a paycheck??? WTF man..... if this was the case he'd just take the contact he's always facing in the backfield and go down.

Back
Top Bottom