I'm Proud Of Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Proud Of Miami

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
I have been saying for months....don't get twitchy, let other teams burn through valuable draft capital. Stay put at #11 and a great defensive star will fall right in your lap. Well, a star did fall, as Saban ready as possible and this kid makes us much faster and much better right away. I hadn't seen many mocks that had us getting Minkah Fitzpatrick but he's a Dolphin and I'm very glad.

The best part of the whole thing is that for once we didn't start throwing draft choices out the window. Tannenbaum did not lose his cool and try for the insane splash that cripples your teams finances and just plain doesn't work. I also suggested tossing Tannenbaum in the trunk of a Buick with no cell phone but it seems he is doing what he's told these days.

Day 2- I want a Tight End, should I write this in caps, do we have to remind anybody-WE HAVE NO TE. I don't count the JAG players we have now. GET THIS SOLVED-there are 3 or 4 excellent TEs available. If they start coming off the board we're going to have no choice but to go up and get one. DO NOT FAIL TO LAND YOUR TE NOW, TODAY, Gaseki, Gothert or Fumigali please.(sp?) Double up if need be.

The draft is going nicely, so far, so good. I think Allen is going to need a couple of years before he's ready to start and I think Darnold is going to stink for the Jets. I'm so glad they didn't get Mayfield. I'm a fan of the kid and I would have hated seeing the Jets get him. I never liked Darnold, he'll be Carson Palmer lite, they can have him. I think they blew it. They HAD to pick him there but I think he'll be another in a long line of failures for the Jets.

I wonder if Gase likes Mason Rudolph?

are we going to get a te?

IMO our LB need is ≫≫≫ than our TE need.

We have other means to get pass offense. Our LB corps as a group has to get better to even get to your JAG level. Moving a safety to LB is just a band aid at best. We can't keep giving mediocre QBs the opportunity to shred our defense because of built in weaknesses and package defenses that are easy to read and exploit because we rely on them too much.

Last edited:
The second best Safety in the draft at pick 11? I don’t get everyone’s excitement. To me, a Safety is something you pick up in round 3. I doubt anyone is applauding this in 3 years.

The second best Safety in the draft at pick 11? I don’t get everyone’s excitement. To me, a Safety is something you pick up in round 3. I doubt anyone is applauding this in 3 years.

If he turns out to have a career like Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, you won't be saying that. So you're basically saying those guys weren't worth drafting in the 1st round?

Last edited:
The second best Safety in the draft at pick 11? I don’t get everyone’s excitement. To me, a Safety is something you pick up in round 3. I doubt anyone is applauding this in 3 years.[/QUOTE

You didn't watch many games then. Our backfield in the middle was like Swiss cheese.

Only Derwin James to the Chargers is a bigger win for any team in this years first round.

Guys like ed reed, troy polamalu,earl Thomas etc don't go in round 3. Fitzpatrick could be a similar type player

I have been saying for months....don't get twitchy, let other teams burn through valuable draft capital. Stay put at #11 and a great defensive star will fall right in your lap. Well, a star did fall, as Saban ready as possible and this kid makes us much faster and much better right away. I hadn't seen many mocks that had us getting Minkah Fitzpatrick but he's a Dolphin and I'm very glad.

The best part of the whole thing is that for once we didn't start throwing draft choices out the window. Tannenbaum did not lose his cool and try for the insane splash that cripples your teams finances and just plain doesn't work. I also suggested tossing Tannenbaum in the trunk of a Buick with no cell phone but it seems he is doing what he's told these days.

I wonder if Gase likes Mason Rudolph?

are we going to get a te?
I have to disagree, but I saw many mocks where we got Fitz.

I have a bad feeling that T-Dumb is chopping at the bit to stick his nose in there and screw things up.

If we want Rudolph, we will have to pull the trigger early.

If we don't get a TE in the 2nd, we should be able to pick Hurst or Thomas in the 3rd.

I have to disagree, but I saw many mocks where we got Fitz.

I have a bad feeling that T-Dumb is chopping at the bit to stick his nose in there and screw things up.

If we want Rudolph, we will have to pull the trigger early.

If we don't get a TE in the 2nd, we should be able to pick Hurst or Thomas in the 3rd.

Hurst was already drafted by the Ravens in the 1st round.

Guys like ed reed, troy polamalu,earl Thomas etc don't go in round 3. Fitzpatrick could be a similar type player

Ya I forgot about Earl Thomas. The Dolphins could have drafted him but traded down for Jared Orick.

Last edited:
The Ravens picked Hurst at #25 so they're already coming off the board. DK, you're correct, some mocks had us getting Minkah, I don't know about many but maybe you checked a bunch more mocks than I did. Regardless, we have him and it's a great start. T-Dumb can really hurt us today but I really get this feeling that Gase is calling the shots. As far as Rudolph, I'd bet he'll be gone by the time we pick. If we can come away with Rudolph and one of the great TEs sign me up.

Back
Top Bottom