I'm Proud Of Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Proud Of Miami

11) Miami Dolphins: CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama – The temptation was there to transition from QB Ryan Tannehill. Instead, the Dolphins picked up one of the most exciting defenders in the draft. Fitzpatrick would have been a fine pick in the top 5. In a choice between Fitzpatrick and Derwin James, Miami couldn’t have gone wrong with either of them. Best all-around DB in the draft. Saban sic’d him on any top receiver the Tide was facing or had him cover over the top as a safety. Considering Alabama’s DBs typically do well in the league, this was a solid pick. Grade: A

https://sports.yahoo.com/premature-2018-nfl-draft-grades-round-1-050551527.html

We took the best fit at safety in this draft. James is a SS but Minkah is a real FS

Watch Fitzpatrick get burned by a college walk on TWICE for touchdowns. Start clip at 1:05 and go to 3 min mark.

Eh he was there for the first play just didn't finish and the second was not a good call....I can see the argument for James being a better safety but it's unquestionable Fitz is the better FS (better in space, more keen to turnovers, better ballskills).....Derwin is more in the box than FS, and he's a great player too don't get me wrong.

If you were banging for Vita instead I can understand it but Fitz is a bluechip prospect in a position we needed. He's fluid, fast, and can play physically. No way we were supposed to pass on that when we're expected to play a rotational DT line.

Watch Fitzpatrick get burned by a college walk on TWICE for touchdowns. Start clip at 1:05 and go to 3 min mark.

At the 1:05 mark, the safety was late rotating to help over top. I don't see your point?

At 3, he got called for PI which was ticky-tack at best. Hardly burned for a TD

How about at 2:40 when he blanketed that same walk-on WR on 3rd down to force a low and away throw to bring up 4th down?

I know you must've because you gave time stamps, but it's hard for me to believe you actually watched this video...

What makes this pick even better...we played those other teams. We made them think we wanted Rosen and teams took the bait. We made sure we had a choice of players.

The second best Safety in the draft at pick 11? I don’t get everyone’s excitement. To me, a Safety is something you pick up in round 3. I doubt anyone is applauding this in 3 years.

I'm perhaps Derwin's biggest fan on these forums and would have loved to see him in a Dolphins uni, but for what we need on defense, Minkah is the better pick. You may be right, we may not be applauding this move in three years, I think it will end up being more of a standing ovation.

The guy was the national defensive player of the year. I don't wanna hear anything about it being a bad pick or he's the second best safety. He was the best defensive player in the nation while playing in the sec

I'm extremely happy about The Mink Man being a Miami Dolphin. I get to root for a fellow Jersey Boy!!! He's an unbelievable Talent that fell to my favorite football team how could I not be happy.

The draft is going nicely, so far, so good. I think Allen is going to need a couple of years before he's ready to start and I think Darnold is going to stink for the Jets. I'm so glad they didn't get Mayfield. I'm a fan of the kid and I would have hated seeing the Jets get him. I never liked Darnold, he'll be Carson Palmer lite, they can have him. I think they blew it. They HAD to pick him there but I think he'll be another in a long line of failures for the Jets.

Totally agree. The two QBs I was most afraid of ending up in the AFCE were Mayfield and Rosen. Darnold and Allen don't bother me at all - in fact I expect them both to keep the Jets and Bills in QB purgatory for another three to four years.

Quarterback had to be s smokescreen. Love.the pock.

I'd go tight end in the second.

Back
Top Bottom