I'm Starting to Dislike our "upgrades" over the passing games. There are none! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Starting to Dislike our "upgrades" over the passing games. There are none!

juniorseau55 said:
I remember what Wannstead said after his "almost gonna get fired" post conference. "Our main priorities is to improve our passing game". Ohh yea? We trade a valuable 2nd round pick for AJ Feeley who has played handful of games in the past couple of years including college. Instead of waiting for a valuable passer, we instead try to resolve our problems with desperation by choosing AJ Feeley. Just because Mike Holgrem has had success with Matt Hasselbeck, it doesn't mean that AJ Feeley would be as good. First of all, Mike Holgrem has had success with many Qb's as he has coached a lot of talent in his long career as an assistant, Head Coach. Rick Spielman just went out there to gamble with a knowledge that is compared to an outside shell when comparing talent evaluation such as Mike Holgrem.

RON WOLF the real QB mogul from GB(brought Favre and Hasselbeck to GB, did he not?) is known to support Feeley and highly recomended him to Cleveland. YOur argument, right there is rendered MOOT! A very highly respeced man who has proven to know QBs as well as any other over the past 20 years loves Feeley, but since RS likes him and is "inexperienced" means AJF is not an upgrade? RS may be a rookie GM but has been around the game his WHOLE LIFE. This isn't the first QB he has ever watched.

I think I saw some sky falling over there, let me check it out......

just shut the hell up 55......has the season even started??? :yell: :yell: :yell:

Mod Note: This post just earned you a timeout. You've been around long enough to know no one here disallows anyone else from having an opinion as long as they follow the house rules. Catch your breath and check your temper and we'll see you again late on Saturday night.

P4E

Last edited by a moderator:
Prime Time said:
JS55, all your posts are negative. I have never seen one positive post from you but that is okay because you are entitled to post whatever you please. However, If you think we haven't upgraded our offense then you are sadly mistaken. The additions of Jeno James, Vernon Carey, and Damion McIntosh are big improvements over what we had last year. As for AJ Feeley, according to mostly everyone who went to Training Camp, the guy has a good deep ball (something Jay lacks which hurts us especially with CC being available), but he struggled. Wait until he gets more comfortable out there, then you can judge. I guess everyone on this site will just have to prove you wrong, once again :rolleyes:.

Little Man the addition of James, Carey, "McINjured" or moves like Boston are only improvements over personnel. The moves weren't bad but having the offense work on the Field as unit is something else. AJ Feeley will struggle down the stretch in a seasonal game, you can say I'm being negative but saying he will succeed is just as bad.

I guess everyone will prove me wrong huh? I have a vision Primetime, I remember last year when you said that Jay Fiedler will go to the pro bowl. Isn't that right Franco? lol How about when "JAY" came back after that redskins game. The whole board thought we were going to the afc championship at least. Don't give me that crap, you guys aren't that different from me. I remember the old days of the Jay Fiedler Forum and I remember them very clear. I remember familiar faces that are posting in this thread as well.

Bodzilla29 said:
RON WOLF the real QB mogul from GB(brought Favre and Hasselbeck to GB, did he not?) is known to support Feeley and highly recomended him to Cleveland. YOur argument, right there is rendered MOOT! A very highly respeced man who has proven to know QBs as well as any other over the past 20 years loves Feeley, but since RS likes him and is "inexperienced" means AJF is not an upgrade? RS may be a rookie GM but has been around the game his WHOLE LIFE. This isn't the first QB he has ever watched.

I think I saw some sky falling over there, let me check it out......

Loves Feeley? I haven't heard of that you know. I might have read something there and there but you don't have to make things up about wolf loving Feeley. If anything he didn't wanted any part of the travesty that was gonna unfold in miami.

DOLPHAN1 said:
hhhmmmm......
well.......

you know, you could be right. but you could also be wrong. one of the things that i know when i read one of your threads is how negative it is gonna be. most fans understand that the team has areas of need and possiblities for either direction. but man, you are one hatin' dude. you can dislike fiedler all you want and you can vasilate on your opion of the FO all you want, but to wish some one harm is is just wrong.

it's pretty clear you find no joy in being a dolphin fan so this is for you...

http://www.sempertek.com/tots/board.php?boardid=70

why don't you go tell them just how great holmgren is. i'm sure they'd love to hear it.

I respect your comments but what I don't find Joy is Miami going nowhere for a long period of time. The expectation in South Florida are always High and we all hate it when we have to walk out of a dissapointing game.

juniorseau55 said:
I respect your comments but what I don't find Joy is Miami going nowhere for a long period of time. The expectation in South Florida are always High and we all hate it when we have to walk out of a dissapointing game.

i agree absolutely. i just prefer to express myself with guarded optimism. to say definitely that feely wiil fail because you don't believe in him is as wrong as those who would say he is undoubtedly the second coming of marino. only time will tell.

I am totally over seeing Fiedler Quarterback this team. IMO he is in the bottom 20% talent-wise amoung starting Quarterbacks. The thing I dislike the most about Wannstedt is his "Jay is my guy,horsr****", all I wanted in this off season was to rid the team of Fiedler and move on to better things. When we got Feeley I was happy to see the new starter brought in and then we resign Fiedler in a move that I really hated.To make it worse his cap # is pretty high. Now Feeley has to perform with Daves fair haired boy breathing down his neck. Bad move. The guy I wanted was Jeff Garcia,way more than Brunell who I think will be a failure under Gibbs in Washington. Other than this Fiedler thing I think the F.O. has done very well with the limited cards they were holding. My hope is that Coach Trestman has Feeley ready to go on opening day. I hope Feeley performs well and stays healthy and the only time I see Jay is on the sidelines with a clipboard.

bigmiamifan said:
Hmm, so a new OL, new OFC, new QB coach, new WR coach, new PB WR and a new QB aren't upgrades? Wow, someone is fishing for something to whine about.

Even with the smart additions of Jeno James and Vernon Carey, our offensive line still has a lot of question marks. Our offensive coordinator is a rookie with no experience at that coaching position, our pro bowl receiver may be starting to unpack his "baggage", and the QB we traded a 2nd round pick for is raw and struggled in mini camp. None of those things mean that we are doomed for certain, but they're not encouraging. None of them can be considered upgrades until they prove themselves to be upgrades.

clear.gif

Pope Shula XIV said:
Even with the smart additions of Jeno James and Vernon Carey, our offensive line still has a lot of question marks. Our offensive coordinator is a rookie with no experience at that coaching position, our pro bowl receiver may be starting to unpack his "baggage", and the QB we traded a 2nd round pick for is raw and struggled in mini camp. None of those things mean that we are doomed for certain, but they're not encouraging. None of them can be considered upgrades until they prove themselves to be upgrades.

clear.gif

I agree 100 percent, they were just brought to fill in holes but in the final chapter of the story as they say, we will have to see the whole offensive unit working consistently. From an offensiveline standpoint for blocking, our quarterback making accurate reads and throws under pressure and how they open the running game.

I Just Think Time Will Tell, And The Only Thing That We Can Hope For Is A Very Long "great" Season.

juniorseau55 said:
Looks like Junior Seau 55 will prove you guys wrong another season :rolleyes: .
So is that the point of all of these threads and posts, to show the ability to prove people wrong.? I guess if I threw all kinds of crap on the wall, some will stick and stink for quite some time :rolleyes: I had made a point before about fans out there that take a greater joy in picking out all of the wrong things, then finding even more wrong things, then when no other wrong things are found, they find some more, instead of utilizing objective criticism that evokes a different point of view that can improve an understanding of a situation to see all sides of said situation. But hey, at least they can say "I told you so." I know I have the greatest view from my couch on how to run a multi-million dollar professional sports team, that must make me a general manager. Are these sadist posts and threads? IMO I think that people are so afraid to say anything positive about their team, they are so worried to be labeled as a homer. Thanks Bills fans, well played, well played ;) :confused: :lol:

!PapaCrunk! said:
So is that the point of all of these threads and posts, to show the ability to prove people wrong.? I guess if I threw all kinds of crap on the wall, some will stick and stink for quite some time :rolleyes: I had made a point before about fans out there that take a greater joy in picking out all of the wrong things, then finding even more wrong things, then when no other wrong things are found, they find some more, instead of utilizing objective criticism that evokes a different point of view that can improve an understanding of a situation to see all sides of said situation. But hey, at least they can say "I told you so." I know I have the greatest view from my couch on how to run a multi-million dollar professional sports team, that must make me a general manager. Are these sadist posts and threads? IMO I think that people are so afraid to say anything positive about their team, they are so worried to be labeled as a homer. Thanks Bills fans, well played, well played ;) :confused: :lol:

Not that I never pointed out that I am a general manager. Of course there are more tasks other than personel but people are just about as right when they see changes that must be made and they aren't made. It doesnt' take a genius to know that we finally get to address the passing game after 4 seasons with Jay Fiedler at the helm. With no receivers to throw to except dead beats and his damn inconsistencies. I mean Jay is a good guy but we need someoen who will take more responsability of our win and losses and plan to load everything on his shoulders when the game is on the line. That is what you call a leader in this league. Someone who gathers all his players and tells them that they are going to succeed. Someone who can bring skills and make accurate throws when its 3rd and long and we really need to get past the hump. It does not take a player or a genius to know that we must upgrade our team.

Back
Top Bottom