"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder

I simply stated a fact that he was the 3rd QB on the depth chart before they moved him to WR, nowhere did I bash him for it or say that meant he wasn't talented.

Bringing up Sanchez has absolutely nothing to do w/ this argument. the argument was about destroying the false notion that Ryan was a WR converted to QB.

I can't believe I have to explain this yet again but keep thinking what you want, the proof is in the posts.

Junc, either you are intentionally missing the point or simply uninformed as to how college football works and how the NFL treats positions per draft and development. Either way, you're missing the point.

Ryan was SWITCHED in positions because he was a good athlete and wasn't going to be used at QB. But he wasn't trained and developed on the college level at QB. No reps. No runs at QB in practice or games. What he did, he did on his own. He was treated as a WR in development, until the QB situation degraded and Ryan told his OC that the best QB on the roster was being trained and developed as a WR, namely, himself.

Then, only in his remaining time was he developed as a QB on a college level. Very, very raw.

Now compare this to Luck and other 4 or 5 year QBs who are trained and developed from day one as QBs. Huge difference. HUGE, HUGE difference.

That is the real point that you are either ignorant to, or purposefully trying to obscure: the whole point of the conversation of the thread, to show how RT received very little of the benefit of college QB development and training that Luck did. Now you are informed. If you were simply ignorant, now you now.

If you were trolling, keep going.

LD

you guys crack me up.

840241_LA_troll_norway.jpg

it's funny thinking back to when you hired Sherman and how his hire was celebrated by some folks on here but didn't Sherman inherit Ryan? wasn't he recruited by a previous coach?

I don't know the exact circumstances of Ryan going to College station. I don't recall the yahoo (his name escapes me) playing QB for the Aggies. It seems that Terrelle Pryor was a clone whoever Sherman preferred back then.

years marino missed games during his career his backups went 15-13.
You're a paid-for-quote advertizer... In other words... You're an attention whore, and you put alot of effort into it... In some strange way, I dont know if I should give you props or just give you another thumbs down... That quote right there, its either hanging on you`re wall with a bunch of other fun facts about the Miami Dolphins, which would be ****ing weird BTW given that you're a Jets fan...OR you really went out of your way to think of a hijack weapon and then went back 20 years to find that particular stat about who else but Marino.... GTFO

Blame Sherman. Guy's an idiot.
We should actually thank him. Sherman was smart enough to recognize the talent and develop him. It may sound stupid but I think that Ryan's stint as a WR has helped to make him a much better QB. The other big thing is that he learned how to fight for the role rather than being handed it on a silver platter. (This is what helps to make Brady and Romo great. Waiting behind others can build mental strength, when opportunity is finally given).

Junc, either you are intentionally missing the point or simply uninformed as to how college football works and how the NFL treats positions per draft and development. Either way, you're missing the point.

Ryan was SWITCHED in positions because he was a good athlete and wasn't going to be used at QB. But he wasn't trained and developed on the college level at QB. No reps. No runs at QB in practice or games. What he did, he did on his own. He was treated as a WR in development, until the QB situation degraded and Ryan told his OC that the best QB on the roster was being trained and developed as a WR, namely, himself.

Then, only in his remaining time was he developed as a QB on a college level. Very, very raw.

Now compare this to Luck and other 4 or 5 year QBs who are trained and developed from day one as QBs. Huge difference. HUGE, HUGE difference.

That is the real point that you are either ignorant to, or purposefully trying to obscure: the whole point of the conversation of the thread, to show how RT received very little of the benefit of college QB development and training that Luck did. Now you are informed. If you were simply ignorant, now you now.

If you were trolling, keep going.

LD

you guys aren't reading what I wrote, I didn't say he sucked as a QB and was moved, I said he was the 3rd QB as a redshirt freshman and b/.c of his athleticism they moved him. He was developed as a QB, the next camp he went in as a QB even though he would play the year at WR. he was a QB most of the time he was there.

it's making excuses for him to pretend he was strictly a WR and pretend like he wasn't recruited as a QB.

then he had the benefit of not having to learn a new system in the NFL until year 3. he could get his feet wet and keep developing as a QB w/o his head spinning. don't discount that advantage.

You're a paid-for-quote advertizer... In other words... You're an attention whore, and you put alot of effort into it... In some strange way, I dont know if I should give you props or just give you another thumbs down... That quote right there, its either hanging on you`re wall with a bunch of other fun facts about the Miami Dolphins, which would be ****ing weird BTW given that you're a Jets fan...OR you really went out of your way to think of a hijack weapon and then went back 20 years to find that particular stat about who else but Marino.... GTFO

I don't know why people get so upset when I discuss facts. The other poster discussed Ben's backups, I posted the difference in records w/ ben and them and then he tried to make an excuse like no teams have above .500 records when you take away good QBs so I took 2 minutes and looked up Miami's record when Dan missed games. It's really not that difficult. How is staying on topic and responding to someone asking the question a hijack? The point(I cannot believe I have to explain this but some folks refuse to read and absorb info when they see I posted it) is not a bash of Marino, I think Dan is a top 5 all time guy and one of my favorite QBs to watch play the game of all time. yes I rooted for him to lose but I appreciate greatness but think the way you want, bash me, call me a troll, say what you want. it doesn't bother me. People not reading bothers me, I just wish folks would actually read the posts and the context of the posts.

Not at all, nowhere did I say he should have walked in as a redshirt soph and won the starting job. the discussion was about this false notion that Ryan was a WR and became a QB. he was a QB who became a QR then became a QB again. he was recruited there as a QB. he's a tremendous athlete and they used him as a WR rather than just let him hold a clipboard.

That's exactly what you were doing so stop thinking your BS lying is fooling anyone. You were pointing out that he obviously wasn't good enough to beat out another QB in college as though it was a knock on his ability as our QB....then when someone pointed out that your beloved Mark Sanchez got beat out in college by a scrub you come back with "what does that have to do with anything". It has everything to do with your credibility as a QB talent evaluator and therefore makes every bit of nonsense that you type seen for exactly what it is.

That's exactly what you were doing so stop thinking your BS lying is fooling anyone. You were pointing out that he obviously wasn't good enough to beat out another QB in college as though it was a knock on his ability as our QB....then when someone pointed out that your beloved Mark Sanchez got beat out in college by a scrub you come back with "what does that have to do with anything". It has everything to do with your credibility as a QB talent evaluator and therefore makes every bit of nonsense that you type seen for exactly what it is.

It is 100% not what I was doing, I suggest you go back and read all the posts including the ones I was responding to.

mark Sanchez has noting to do w/ this. I don't claim Mark had a disadvantage despite LESS starts at QB in college than Ryan. that didn't stop Mark from helping his team reach 2 title games. Mark has nothing to do with this, I wasn't bashing Ryan I was simply discussing facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpg

Man, junc got you guys again.

He does this all the time. Someone posts a topic about how some aspect of the Dolphins is good. Then junc comes in and give some backhanded compliment about the guy ("you just don't realize he really was a developed QB in college so you shouldn't be surprised") and then here we are 15 pages later still debating the guy.

What do guys expect? That he's going to roll over and agree with you? Are you somehow "defending the Dolphin's honor" (to a Jets fan no less; his criticism is a little like a Pinto owner bagging on your Ferrarri's gas mileage)? I guess I just don't get it.

The original post was about Crowder, in all his unique vernacular, stating that he would take RT over Big Ben if I recall.... Seems like that's what this should be about? :idk:

View attachment 15305

Man, junc got you guys again.

He does this all the time. Someone posts a topic about how some aspect of the Dolphins is good. Then junc comes in and give some backhanded compliment about the guy ("you just don't realize he really was a developed QB in college so you shouldn't be surprised") and then here we are 15 pages later still debating the guy.

What do guys expect? That he's going to roll over and agree with you? Are you somehow "defending the Dolphin's honor" (to a Jets fan no less; his criticism is a little like a Pinto owner bagging on your Ferrarri's gas mileage)? I guess I just don't get it.

The original post was about Crowder, in all his unique vernacular, stating that he would take RT over Big Ben if I recall.... Seems like that's what this should be about? :idk:

That really is his MO.

"The OL isn't as bad as you think."
"The receivers weren't as bad as you think."
"You had a playoff caliber roster."
"He wasn't really lacking in college experience."

"WHAT????? I never said anything bad about Tannehill!!!"

All of that despite expert opinion to the contrary, team roster moves that are in direct contrast to his opinions, and simple common football sense. He is on my ignore list and I wish everyone would do the same.

If a troll posts and nobody reads it, did it ever really happen?

I can't write posts and read them for people but people take whatever message they want to hear out of it rather than actually read and absorb what is written.

It is 100% not what I was doing, I suggest you go back and read all the posts including the ones I was responding to.

mark Sanchez has noting to do w/ this. I don't claim Mark had a disadvantage despite LESS starts at QB in college than Ryan. that didn't stop Mark from helping his team reach 2 title games. Mark has nothing to do with this, I wasn't bashing Ryan I was simply discussing facts.

Well, if you were to believe the best coach on the field who was there during that time, Mike Westhoff, that Sanchez was strictly a passenger on those PO "buses", then if "helping' means mostly staying out of the way and minimizing **** ups, then I guess you're correct :idk:

As someone pointed out a few posts up, one of Sanchez's (many) problems is that unlike Tannehill, he never had to fight for the starting job in college and as LT and others pointed out, was pampered and entitled by Rex once he got to the pros. Unlike him, Tannehill never complained about the physical abuse his OL was inflicting on him, nor ever sat head bowed on the end of the bench like a sad sack when things didn't go his way. RT17 has character.

time to move on from this thread, it is being overrun by REAL trolls.

Back
Top Bottom