imagine your son or grandson is an NFL player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

imagine your son or grandson is an NFL player

Aquapride1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
During the past couple of months your NFL player son or grandson had 2 or 3 concussions. Do you now want him to immediately retire from playing football ?
This is a yes or no question. Please do not write "it's his life and his choice" or "it's up to the doctor (s) to decide" or "NFL HOF'ers have had hundreds of concussions"
Please reply only with a yes or no answer.

Great question. Not a simple answer. I would need to discuss it with Neuro and make an opinion then. I wouldn't want to risk my son's health for the game. That being said, there is always a high risk of injury but head trauma is at the top. I would say no if pinned down

Tua’s Dad would be the first person in his circle to tell him to get his candy ass back onto the field as soon as he’s cleared……..or else. And better not make no mistakes.

LZ16.gif

Immediately retire? Of course not.

But more importantly, if you were that concerned about concussions and CTE, you wouldn’t be letting your son or grandson play football in middle school or high school or college when they’re taking brain damage for free.

Now that your son or grandson is on top of the world, starting at QB for an NFL team and leading the NFL in passer rating and on pace for a $300 million contract, THAT is when you’re going to decide brain safety comes first?

No. These folks made this call a long time ago. Every single non-kicker in the NFL is at high risk for life-ruining CTE whether or not they ever suffer a diagnosed concussion. If you want to play in the NFL, you have to make peace with that.

But anyway, concussions are mostly a bogeyman being highlighted by the NFL because they know they can’t solve the real problem. The science suggests CTE is not caused by concussions—it’s caused by frequent and repeated sub-concussive blows. Concussions or no concussions, Tua is no more or less likely to be debilitated by brain damage in 20 years than the rest of the team. Concussions are just what the NFL can point to and pretend they’re doing something to prevent the brain damage that is going to befall some portion of these guys due to the nature of the sport.

Tua’s Dad would be the first person in his circle to tell him to get his candy ass back onto the field as soon as he’s cleared……..or else. And better not make no mistakes.

LZ16.gif
This is probably pretty accurate.

Now that your son or grandson is on top of the world, starting at QB for an NFL team and leading the NFL in passer rating and on pace for a $300 million contract, THAT is when you’re going to decide brain safety comes first?

No. These folks made this call a long time ago. Every single non-kicker in the NFL is at high risk for life-ruining CTE whether or not they ever suffer a diagnosed concussion. If you want to play in the NFL, you have to make peace with that.
Thats pretty much how I see it from a parent perspective... Hint: My kid doesnt play football.

Most of these kids have been raised as football players, as much as its all they know, its their identity... Going to them after they've made it to the big league and telling them its not safe thinking they're just going to hang their cleets is sort of... Optimistic...

Back
Top Bottom