imagine your son or grandson is an NFL player | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

imagine your son or grandson is an NFL player

He’d be a man at that point and the decision would be his. As a father I wouldn’t want him to though.

I wouldn’t let my son play tackle football. He does judo and I don’t want to expose him to any additional risks at this point. He already got one concussion being thrown hard in a tournament and that was enough for me.

During the past couple of months your NFL player son or grandson had 2 or 3 concussions. Do you now want him to immediately retire from playing football ?
This is a yes or no question. Please do not write "it's his life and his choice" or "it's up to the doctor (s) to decide" or "NFL HOF'ers have had hundreds of concussions"
Please reply only with a yes or no answer.
Wait?!?

You mean my pull out game is weaker than I thought???

I would've been much more concerned about the vaccine and the NFL trying to force my son or grandson to take it. I would've suggested he consider retirement in that circumstance, but he definitely makes his own choices. Because I raised him, he would've been wise to all of this anyway and he wouldn't be concerned over the latest "science driven" bs agenda and hysteria associtated with these "concussions." He also wouldn't have any respect for Mike McDaniel as a coach.
Really sad what the NFL did to their players.

During the past couple of months your NFL player son or grandson had 2 or 3 concussions. Do you now want him to immediately retire from playing football ?
This is a yes or no question. Please do not write "it's his life and his choice" or "it's up to the doctor (s) to decide" or "NFL HOF'ers have had hundreds of concussions"
Yeah, sorry, but in the real world, yes/no or black/white doesn't work.

He's a grown-ass man. It's his decision to make and no one else. The only type of parents who would try to talk their son out of pursuing his dreams are the same helicopter soccer moms telling their sons coach on how to coach their son.

Yes if he chooses to no if he doesn`t choose to , his choice so everyone should just leave the kid alone and let him figure it out .

Personally, I wouldn't let my son play tackle football to begin with.

However, if I DID let him play optimist, high school, college, and he was blessed to have talent to play in the NFL? I think the "you need to quit football" ship would have sailed LOOOONNNGGGGG ago.

man I know this wasn't a concussion but after seeing hamlin tonight. Then knowing how often Tua has had concussions in short period of time and how brutal the one was vs bengals. This also considers how easily he seems to get them from standard tackles is concerning. But after seeing hamlin and seeing what Tua has been through, I'm not gonna say for him to retire now, but I don't want him playing this season even if miami were to make playoffs. I know some don't want him playing regular season but playoffs don't make a difference for me

Tua’s Dad would be the first person in his circle to tell him to get his candy ass back onto the field as soon as he’s cleared……..or else. And better not make no mistakes.

LZ16.gif
his dad sounds like an asshole for the few things I've heard

My son had Rolandic epilepsy when he was young so it was never a decision until he reached high school. Rolandic epilepsy is typically a childhood type of epilepsy — in my son’s case, his seizures involved him ‘locking up’ . However, a lot of people outgrow them which he did. He was cleared for all sports including contact sports his freshman year but by that time he had been around tennis enough that was what he had gravitated to.

He played tennis at the NAIA level and the knucklehead got a concussion when he tried to put the teams water cooler on a shelf and it fell and hit him in the head.

In all seriousness, if my son wanted to play football I would let him as a minor. Would never force it on him.

If he became a NFL level QB, and had multiple concussions I would recommend to him to get checked out by more than just the team doctors to make sure he's cleared if he wanted to get back on the field asap. HE's an adult at this point. I can't force him to do anything.

In all seriousness, if my son wanted to play football I would let him as a minor. Would never force it on him.

If he became a NFL level QB, and had multiple concussions I would recommend to him to get checked out by more than just the team doctors to make sure he's cleared if he wanted to get back on the field asap. HE's an adult at this point. I can't force him to do anything.
That's exactly what he did before he returned after his first concussion. He went to two of the United States top guys one in Detroit and one in Michigan, I'd be surprised if he doesn't follow the same path in his pursuit to return to play this time around as well.

Personally, I wouldn't let my son play tackle football to begin with.

However, if I DID let him play optimist, high school, college, and he was blessed to have talent to play in the NFL? I think the "you need to quit football" ship would have sailed LOOOONNNGGGGG ago.

I played in college, but I would never and I mean never allow any of my sons to play.

Absolutely yes. No question.

First of all I would try to get my grandsons to play another sport instead of football.I would give them a set of golf clubs and send them for golf lessons at a young age.
Yet if they make the decision to play football. I would support their decision and hope they make the right decision if they suffer injuries or concussions which might impact their health in the future.

Back
Top Bottom