IMO Parker just got Landry his Contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMO Parker just got Landry his Contract

Parker is a victim of terrible qb play. Unfortunately, I don't believe he is giving 100% anymore and I don't want a guy like that on the team.

Parker is kind of like an off and on-type player. Seems as though he gets in his head a lot and plays based on emotions.... That being said, I still think he has potential, but I don't think it's with us, the way he gets down on himself. I remember he started watching his college tapes again when he had Teddy Bridgewater. Got to him, I think. That being said, I still think Landry needs to be resigned, but not for anything above $9m/yr, which he will most certainly get over on the open market.

Also, off topic, fun thing I noticed... Bryson Tiller (from Louisville) shouts out DeVante in the song 502 come up "Shout out to Vante Parker in that teal & orange." Kind of cool.

You pay your playmakers until you find better playmakers at better positions. Juice, Suh are our play makers currently. Thats just 2 when we need at least half a dozen. Tunsil, Parker, Ajayi, Jones should be on this list to if they were getting coached properly. Harris, Tank and Godolux are rising stars if we coach them.

But don't overpay them. Landry shines because he is good but also because there is no one better on our team most weeks. That pointing thing has to go when you are getting your butt kicked. I don't see Suh making much difference overall, I like him, but he didn't make or break it for Detroit either. His salary figures are horrid. This team needs to stop wasting money.

Disappointing career thus far, but lets wait to see what he does with RT next year.

Its not like he has had accurate balls coming his way downfield AT ALL this year.. Both balls in NE game were horribly short. He's a receiver that needs to be lead and able to track the ball in the air.

I cant believe people are putting the fade jump throw on him from MM. Ball was released way early and horribly short. He would have been open in back of endzone. oh well.

Timing and accuracy go a long way.

I think this team needs to be looking for a WR in the 3-5th rounds next year.

Parker may eventually be reliable but not with Miami.

I cared before but I don't anymore. I am absolutely content with watching 53 different players take the field next season.

I think this team needs to be looking for a WR in the 3-5th rounds next year.

Parker may eventually be reliable but not with Miami.
Not with our scouts. At that range we are picking Carroo.

If we lose Landry and view Parker as an out as soon as his contract is up, then you have to find a #1 WR in the first round.

Disappointing career thus far, but lets wait to see what he does with RT next year.

Its not like he has had accurate balls coming his way downfield AT ALL this year.. Both balls in NE game were horribly short. He's a receiver that needs to be lead and able to track the ball in the air.

I cant believe people are putting the fade jump throw on him from MM. Ball was released way early and horribly short. He would have been open in back of endzone. oh well.

Timing and accuracy go a long way.
Agreed.

Im not writing him off until next season for that very reason. I don't think it's a coincidence that while he's been inconsistent otherwise, he's absolutely useless and invisible with Moore at QB.

Parker blows. He plays good 2 to 3 games a year. Pretty normal for a 3rd String WR but on our roster. He's a #1. Guy just don't have it and plays lazy

Landry is a decent player, however you cannot trust him to run the patterns and plays consistently.

Combine with the lack of speed and being a bit of a hothead, the price would have to be right.

Just to refresh my memory, what was the last team that had a great super bowl offense where the main guy was a slow slot WR?

2006 Pittsburgh Steelers. Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward, slot reciever. 4.55 40, .04 slower than Landry’s pro day.

I know his name is Welker, autocorrect got me there. Of any team in the NFL, NE can say you have a legit chance at a SB with them and have players know the chances are excellent. That SB chance can make lower contract numbers a whole lot more appealing. Knowing how Brady used Welker, a guy like Landry would be foolish not to take the leap. He would finally get the same or more fame then Beckham.

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...
lANDRY is not going to settle for the money the Pats pay their wide receivers

Plus the Pats don't need him

2006 Pittsburgh Steelers. Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward, slot reciever. 4.55 40, .04 slower than Landry’s pro day.

Just to add, Hines Ward was a much better player than Landry. It's almost unfair to compare the two but it does answer the question ;)

Back
Top Bottom