Importance of NFL caliber running backs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Importance of NFL caliber running backs

Would seem to me that if you don't understand how lack of a running threat makes you one dimensional, which dictates how the defense plays you, which means they will attack your offensive line even more mercilessly, it seems to be you are the one whose knowledge of football is limited.
Oh, please. Did you watch that goal line sequence where the OL got abused like unwanted stepchildren and couldn't get a yard? Are you watching the OL *AT ALL*?

No. Just stop.

I can’t believe people are STILL trying to make a case that Gaskins is a passable starting RB.

There have been a few of us saying that we have a bottom 3 maybe bottom 1 RB room as far as talent goes and people keep trying to rationalize it by saying “Gaskins averages 90 all purpose yards or that his average is 4.3 yards” etc etc

Gaskins would be in the top 10 probably as a #2 RB on most rosters but he is absolutely a bottom 2-3 starter… and you’re seeing how that affects this team.

People continually try to rationalize our lack of investment talking about how the game has changed but staying as the very bottom ranked running offense for 3 straight years is simply not good strategy.

Miami has consciously chosen to make the running game an after thought. This is intentional… 3 years into your rebuild, and they can’t muster anything in this category - they’re behind.

Oh, please. Did you watch that goal line sequence where the OL got abused like unwanted stepchildren and couldn't get a yard? Are you watching the OL *AT ALL*?

No. Just stop.
I don't give a crap about goaline sequences. If you've read any of my posts in this thread you'd realize that those are about the farthest thing from what I'm talking about whatsoever.

Thinking that this team's RB corps sucks and the o-line sucks is not mutually exclusive in the slightest.

Back
Top Bottom