Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
On the April 4 edition of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning, host Don Imus referred to the Rutgers University women's basketball team, which is comprised of eight African-American and two white players, as "nappy-headed hos" immediately after the show's executive producer, Bernard McGuirk, called the team "hard-core hos." Later, former Imus sports announcer Sid Rosenberg, who was filling in for sportscaster Chris Carlin, said: "The more I look at Rutgers, they look exactly like the [National Basketball Association's] Toronto Raptors."

McGuirk referred to the NCAA women's basketball championship game between Rutgers and Tennessee as a "Spike Lee thing," adding, "The Jigaboos vs. The Wannabees -- that movie that he had." McGuirk was presumably referring to Lee's 1988 film, School Daze (Sony Pictures), though co-host Charles McCord misidentified it as "Do the Right Thing" (Criterion, June 1989).

IMUS: That's some nappy-headed hos there. I'm gonna tell you that now, man, that's some -- woo. And the girls from Tennessee, they all look cute, you know, so, like -- kinda like -- I don't know.

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2...ediamatters.org/items/200704040011&frame=true

this is the same show (and or company) that fired Sid Rosenbeg for comments a lot less worse than that.

Well what do you expect from a drunk, a douchenozzle and a jew 'word for child w/o mother'?

I'll await Nappy's take on all of this.

[mod]yes, ******* is in the filter, please don't circumvent it[/mod]

Don Imus is an idiot. This is the same Maron that bought a house in Taos, likes to frequent local hangouts even though nobody there can stand him, and they make that well known. Greatwade is right- he really is a douchenozzle
Very tough for me to sit through more than 60 seconds of his syndication.

Hey, women's basketball is actually getting some press. Good for them! :lol:

I can't listen to it for more then 2 minutes, that's why Mike and Mike do so well in the NY area.

Don Imus:: The FAKE Cowboy!!! In a wheelchair he rides.

That drunken A-hole actually got away with not being fired. Easy for me to boycott MSNBC- I couldnt stand watching it in the first place:evil:

And if a black guy made a comment about a predominantly white basketball team, like.. "this isn't their sport" - O'boy, what a flip the media would have. The double standard is amazing. This guy will probably be told to watch what he says, and that's it.

Personally, as a black man myself, I'd beat the hell out've him if he ever made a comment like that around me. What a racist piece of trash. I'd love to see him lose his job and go bankrupt.

If Tim Hardaway could be sent away from NBA activities for saying that he hates gay people, then I support the LYNCHING of this dude right here...........put on some black masks/robes and hang his *** to let him see how it feels.

:bighug:

Well what do you expect from a drunk, a douchenozzle and a jew 'word for child w/o mother'?

I'll await Nappy's take on all of this.

[mod]yes, ******* is in the filter, please don't circumvent it[/mod]

Sounds like some ****ed up version of the A team.

Back
Top Bottom