Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

And if a black guy made a comment about a predominantly white basketball team, like.. "this isn't their sport" - O'boy, what a flip the media would have. The double standard is amazing. This guy will probably be told to watch what he says, and that's it.

Personally, as a black man myself, I'd beat the hell out've him if he ever made a comment like that around me. What a racist piece of trash. I'd love to see him lose his job and go bankrupt.

If Tim Hardaway could be sent away from NBA activities for saying that he hates gay people, then I support the LYNCHING of this dude right here...........put on some black masks/robes and hang his *** to let him see how it feels.

:bighug:
I don't think this is a societal issue, its an issue of a lame unfunny guy trying to be funny in an offensive way...I don't see how you can say its being swept under the rug, Ive heard it being talked about everywhere...

Oh and Imus did get suspended for the comments, just not fired...

nah nah nah nah, say hey hey.....GOOD BYE!!

Give it a few days, Imus will be fired!!

CBS fired Sid Rosenberg and O&A for less. Imus has no chance in my opinion. His telethon for sick kids on thurs and friday will be his swan song!!

Imus crossed the line no doubt but I don't think he should be fired. He's a shock jock and this is what they do. Is what he said offensive? No doubt about it but do I think Imus is a racist? No, I don't. He got caught up in the moment and spoke before thinking. Imus does a lot of good. I find it funny how all of the sudden he's a demon for this. He said it thinking he was funny, it backfired, and now he has to deal with the consequences. This isn't what Michael Richards did or anything of the sort, it's a stupid comment that went to far. A suspension in this manner is fine enough for me. I like Imus' show and I know from listening to him on the radio for many years that he's not a racist. Everyone just wants to make this a bigger issue then it is and this is just a way for guys like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to keep their name in the news. Let's be real, what did Al Sharpton get accomplished by having Imus on his show yesterday and scolding him for over an hour? Not much if you ask me. What Sharpton should have done was try to find out why Imus said what he said and look for a solution and try to help Imus and others who act and say things like this. Instead he's calling for his firing which won't accomplish anything because Imus will be picked up by someone else and back on air in no time. Black people make fun of white people all the time and get away with it. Why is there a double standard on the issue. And before you go out and call me whitey and pretend like I'm taking a stand for white people your wrong. I'm Puerto Rican baby (and proud) and I see things how I see them!

But let's face it everyone, there's a double standard in this country. Al Sharpton gets all up in arms over this but he has never condemned any black comedians for all the jokes they do on white people. I mean black people make fun of white people in their jokes a lot worse then what Imus says but no one runs out and calls them a racist. Imus does it and suddenly it's a world debate. Now granted, the platform Imus used to say this remark wasn't the right place, but what makes it any different then what Chris Rock says about white people during his act, or Jaime Fox, or Martin Lawrence or anyone else who sterotypes whites in their act. Why is that always acceptable but when a white person says something about a black in his routine, everyone goes quiet. Al Sharpton is a phony and Imus proved that yesterday when he pimped Sharpton about Sickle cell. Al Sharpton frontin like he's trying to help the community with the disease yet he knew nothing about it. He didn't even know how much the goverment spent on it last year. Say what you want but there is, and always will be a double standard!

A white person making fun of a black = racist

A black person making fun of a white = funny

Why is that?

P.S. I also give props to Imus for not hiding which he easily could have done. He's facing the music and not hiding like a coward. I don't agree with what Imus says but how come there is never an issue when he calls Hillary Clinton a cow and calls every white politician names far worse then this but when he says this, he's treated like a Nazi. Granted what he said was wrong (I'll say that again) but people are making this into a bigger issue then it should be IMO!

And if a black guy made a comment about a predominantly white basketball team, like.. "this isn't their sport" - O'boy, what a flip the media would have. The double standard is amazing. This guy will probably be told to watch what he says, and that's it.

Personally, as a black man myself, I'd beat the hell out've him if he ever made a comment like that around me. What a racist piece of trash. I'd love to see him lose his job and go bankrupt.

If Tim Hardaway could be sent away from NBA activities for saying that he hates gay people, then I support the LYNCHING of this dude right here...........put on some black masks/robes and hang his *** to let him see how it feels.

:bighug:

Your tough guy act is old bro. Seriously, how can anyone respond with such ignorant statements as the one you just made?

Imus isn't going to survive this. His ratings stink. The only reason his show is a hit is because it brings in a ton of advertising dollars due to his target audience being soooooooooooooo old. And the old people spend the money on his high priced advertisers items.

Once those advertisers pull out (which will be any day now) CBS will whack him.

I would bet good money that this Friday is his last show. He can't survive this (fair or unfair as it may be)

Imus isn't going to survive this. His ratings stink. The only reason his show is a hit is because it brings in a ton of advertising dollars due to his target audience being soooooooooooooo old. And the old people spend the money on his high priced advertisers items.

I would bet good money that this Friday is his last show. He can't survive this (fair or unfair as it may be)

Your right they probably will wack him and suspending him 2 weeks was to buy time but I still don't think it's right. Star from the Star and Buckwild show used to kill white people morning after morning and never got into any trouble until he made a threat to someone's wife who is of asian decent. I find it funny how it was never an issue with him and he did it morning after morning but Imus does it and the world turns against him. He'll be fired but he shouldn't be. He's answered everyone's questions, has apologized, and has numerous people in the black community supporting him (you just never hear about that). The people that know Imus and his persona know it was a joke (a bad one). It's those people that don't know anything about the guy that hear one comment he's made and assume that's who he is. It's ashame if you ask me!

Your right they probably will wack him and suspending him 2 weeks was to buy time but I still don't think it's right. Star from the Star and Buckwild show used to kill white people morning after morning and never got into any trouble until he made a threat to someone's wife who is of asian decent. I find it funny how it was never an issue with him and he did it morning after morning but Imus does it and the world turns against him. He'll be fired but he shouldn't be. He's answered everyone's questions, has apologized, and has numerous people in the black community supporting him (you just never hear about that). The people that know Imus and his persona know it was a joke (a bad one). It's those people that don't know anything about the guy that hear one comment he's made and assume that's who he is. It's ashame if you ask me!

The difference is the Imus show airs on MSNBC and his show has on political people. Presidental candidates and such. Star was just some radio schmuck doing a stupid show. Imus had on some powerful people.

And CBS is clueless on this matter. O&A got fired for having 2 people have sex in a church (then eventually re-hired them). Howard Stern got a 1 day suspension for mentioning "SIRIUS" on his show. And Imus gets a 2 week suspension for a bad racist joke.

Imus is done in my opinion. He can't rebound from this He will get fired. Even if he does survive his career is over for all intense and purposes.

The difference is the Imus show airs on MSNBC and his show has on political people. Presidental candidates and such. Star was just some radio schmuck doing a stupid show. Imus had on some powerful people.

And CBS is clueless on this matter. O&A got fired for having 2 people have sex in a church (then eventually re-hired them). Howard Stern got a 1 day suspension for mentioning "SIRIUS" on his show. And Imus gets a 2 week suspension for a bad racist joke.

Imus is done in my opinion. He can't rebound from this He will get fired. Even if he does survive his career is over for all intense and purposes.

And everyone who goes on that show knows Imus and what he does. Imus' show has always been about wise cracks and off-beat commentary on things that go on in the world. The show is never really that serious. All of the politicians on this show know that, so obviously that never was a big deal. Your holding in the show on a higher standard because of who they have on as guests but what your forgetting that the show is no different then any other morning radio show, the only thing that is different is the guests. Imus makes fun of people, cracks jokes, does stupid skits, everything any other morning show does. Just because Imus has powerful people on the show doesn't mean he speaks for them. He speaks for himself and anyone who goes on his show knows that. Was it a dumb comment? No doubt about it. But i've heard worse from black radio jocks mouths and have never heard a peep about their firing. It's that double standard I was talking about before. Why is it that Imus should be held accountable for what he says because his show is on MSNBC and has on politicians and others shouldn't because they don't have the guests he does and aren't as popular or as well known? If you say something offensive, I don't care if you on public access or your on national radio, wrong is wrong and everyone should be treated the same way!

Imus crossed the line no doubt but I don't think he should be fired. He's a shock jock and this is what they do. Is what he said offensive? No doubt about it but do I think Imus is a racist? No, I don't. He got caught up in the moment and spoke before thinking. Imus does a lot of good. I find it funny how all of the sudden he's a demon for this. He said it thinking he was funny, it backfired, and now he has to deal with the consequences. This isn't what Michael Richards did or anything of the sort, it's a stupid comment that went to far. A suspension in this manner is fine enough for me. I like Imus' show and I know from listening to him on the radio for many years that he's not a racist. Everyone just wants to make this a bigger issue then it is and this is just a way for guys like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to keep their name in the news. Let's be real, what did Al Sharpton get accomplished by having Imus on his show yesterday and scolding him for over an hour? Not much if you ask me. What Sharpton should have done was try to find out why Imus said what he said and look for a solution and try to help Imus and others who act and say things like this. Instead he's calling for his firing which won't accomplish anything because Imus will be picked up by someone else and back on air in no time. Black people make fun of white people all the time and get away with it. Why is there a double standard on the issue. And before you go out and call me whitey and pretend like I'm taking a stand for white people your wrong. I'm Puerto Rican baby (and proud) and I see things how I see them!

But let's face it everyone, there's a double standard in this country. Al Sharpton gets all up in arms over this but he has never condemned any black comedians for all the jokes they do on white people. I mean black people make fun of white people in their jokes a lot worse then what Imus says but no one runs out and calls them a racist. Imus does it and suddenly it's a world debate. Now granted, the platform Imus used to say this remark wasn't the right place, but what makes it any different then what Chris Rock says about white people during his act, or Jaime Fox, or Martin Lawrence or anyone else who sterotypes whites in their act. Why is that always acceptable but when a white person says something about a black in his routine, everyone goes quiet. Al Sharpton is a phony and Imus proved that yesterday when he pimped Sharpton about Sickle cell. Al Sharpton frontin like he's trying to help the community with the disease yet he knew nothing about it. He didn't even know how much the goverment spent on it last year. Say what you want but there is, and always will be a double standard!

A white person making fun of a black = racist

A black person making fun of a white = funny

Why is that?

P.S. I also give props to Imus for not hiding which he easily could have done. He's facing the music and not hiding like a coward. I don't agree with what Imus says but how come there is never an issue when he calls Hillary Clinton a cow and calls every white politician names far worse then this but when he says this, he's treated like a Nazi. Granted what he said was wrong (I'll say that again) but people are making this into a bigger issue then it should be IMO!

what a great post man. I completely agree with you on every single thing you said. I wish Al Sharpton would shut the **** up because this has nothing to do with him. What Imus said was racist and wrong and he should be suspended. But he apologized and is meeting with the Rutgers team face to face. Now it's between Imus and the team. Everyone else should just let it be.

And everyone who goes on that show knows Imus and what he does. Imus' show has always been about wise cracks and off-beat commentary on things that go on in the world. The show is never really that serious. All of the politicians on this show know that, so obviously that never was a big deal. Your holding in the show on a higher standard because of who they have on as guests but what your forgetting that the show is no different then any other morning radio show, the only thing that is different is the guests. Imus makes fun of people, cracks jokes, does stupid skits, everything any other morning show does. Just because Imus has powerful people on the show doesn't mean he speaks for them. He speaks for himself and anyone who goes on his show knows that. Was it a dumb comment? No doubt about it. But i've heard worse from black radio jocks mouths and have never heard a peep about their firing. It's that double standard I was talking about before. Why is it that Imus should be held accountable for what he says because his show is on MSNBC and has on politicians and others shouldn't because they don't have the guests he does and aren't as popular or as well known? If you say something offensive, I don't care if you on public access or your on national radio, wrong is wrong and everyone should be treated the same way!

completely agree again with every point.

ok...how is this racist though? I didn't hear the N word, or even black or anything like that.....define racism for me, because I thought it was something that was flamed by race slander, not hair or sexual preference slander....heck black men call black women nappy headed, and hos, are they racist? Sounds hypocritical to this "whitey".

This is my favorite sports story since Barbaro's injury. [/sarcasm]

Wow.Its funny how most blacks and whites will all have different opinions on this issue.

Just because Imus is a "shock jock" doesn't him give a right to say whatever he wants. Calling a basketball team of female athletes hoes is wrong. I don't care what anyone says. If he were to single out your mom, wife, sister, or daughter and call her a ho, you all would be very upset.And as far as comedians, I think w'ere talking about something separate from what he said.

Completely ignorant statement by Imus and should be fired.If he were a "black shock jock" he would have been fired.I dont care what anybody in here says.Thats the double standard tho.:shakeno:

I don't get the double standard thing...I keep hearing "if this guy was black he would have been fired", I just don't buy it...I hear black comedians and such who's entire act is based on racism and they are often getting the largest laughs out there...IMO the only difference here is that this wasn't a funny comment by Imus it was just offensive. If there had been some humor involved, I think it would be different...

No way will he be fired, or should be for that matter.
As they said on Mike and the Mad Dog, he is getting the superstar affect. Would a 11th man on a basketball team get treated the same way as Kobe? No. Imus is morning radio. He has been in the radio industry for close to 40 years. He has done way too many good things to be fired for this. He is taking it like a man, going on the Al Sharpton show, who apparently is the "voice for the black community," and admitting that he was wrong. He is going to be suspended for the 2 biggest weeks in the radio industry. That is punishment enough.

And I am also a believer that Al Sharpton needs to shut the $##@ up. This isn't his fight. He is making this an Imus vs. the black community issue, and taking it away from the Imus vs. Rutgers issue it should be. Go to hell Sharpton, you aren't perfect either.

Back
Top Bottom