Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

Thats not the point.It isnt about which comment is more hateful.

Is he apologizing be he got caught or is it because he really is being apologetic?Hmmmm.Tim Hardaway apologized too.

Hardaway didn't ask to talk to the homosexuals he offended to personally apologize. Imus is going to personally apologize to the Basketball team.

This only helps prove my point.Rapper are calling "anybody and everybody" hoes.Not directed at a certain group of people.Its a girls basketball team chrissakes.You dont think the comment hurt them?I mean who wants to be called "nappy headed hoes" by some stupid shock jock who needs to get a clue.

And you probably dont listen to rap,so you dont understand the context rappers are using when they call women hoes.Do I think its right no,but its a separate issue.And yes it would be a perfect world if people could say stuff about people and it not have an effect on them.Whose the victim here?

Fair enough, so take a minute and educate me. Why is it okay for Rappers to call women Hoes and nobody else?

I am on record for thinking this is VERY VERY WRONG. I do think he should be fired, I also think there should be more regulations on what comes out in music for he exact same reason. Because the music industry is able to get away with it, it promotes it to the rest of the world. Double standard IMO

If you listen to the comments, you will hear one of the other guests call them hoes before the actual comment. Are we going to ask that person to be fired from his job. Where is his apology.

Hardaway didn't ask to talk to the homosexuals he offended to personally apologize. Imus is going to personally apologize to the Basketball team.

Dude, he apologized to all homosexuals.Once again,he made a stupid comment.He got fired.And deservedly so.Imus should be fired too.

Dude, he apologized to all homosexuals.Once again,he made a stupid comment.He got fired.And deservedly so.Imus should be fired too.

In person? Imus is going to apologize to the whole team in person. Thats respectable. How many people press people would do that.

To this I agree whole-heartedly. If Timmy got the axe, in the same context so should Imus. I think it is actually pretty cut and dry.

Fair enough, so take a minute and educate me. Why is it okay for Rappers to call women Hoes and nobody else?

I am on record for thinking this is VERY VERY WRONG. I do think he should be fired, I also think there should be more regulations on what comes out in music for he exact same reason. Because the music industry is able to get away with it, it promotes it to the rest of the world. Double standard IMO

Well its not ok for rappers to call women hoes.And rappers get flack for it all the time.Lets face it there ARE hoes out there,and thats who rappers are referring to when they call women hoes.Not all women in particular..Youll more than likely never hear a rapper call a little girls basketball team "nappy headed hoes".Thats just cheap and crosses the line.

If w'ere gonna put regulations on that,then w'ere gonna have to start putting regulations on everything.Movies included.Then I dont think we would have what you would call a free country anymore.

I heard Howard Stern (used to work with Imus) talking about the situation...He says Imus would walk around the halls off air and call black people ******s right to their face. He said it was always clear that he was a racist, but no one did anything...I find the man disgusting and boring, and am fine with whatever punishment he gets....

wow I don't like Howard Stern but if he is telling the truth then Imus deserves all he gets.

In person? Imus is going to apologize to the whole team in person. Thats respectable. How many people press people would do that.

:lol: How is he supposed to apologize to every homosexual in person man?He wasnt being respectable when he made the comment,and IMO I dont think hes apologizing because he means it.

:lol: How is he supposed to apologize to every homosexual in person man?He wasnt being respectable when he made the comment,and IMO I dont think hes apologizing because he means it.
Obviously impossible. Yes it wasn't a respectable thing to say (already has been said) but he is doing the respectable thing after the fact.

Obviously impossible. Yes it wasn't a respectable thing to say (already has been said) but he is doing the respectable thing after the fact.

So why should he be able to keep his job?Because he apologized?If I said something like that on my job,Im fired,and Im betting you would be too.

The guy has a history of saying things he shouldnt,and still has his job.And still making money.How does that make you feel?This is a weak argument on your part.

So why should he be able to keep his job?Because he apologized?If I said something like that on my job,Im fired,and Im betting you would be too.

The guy has a history of saying things he shouldnt,and still has his job.And still making money.How does that make you feel?This is a weak argument on your part.

I can understand me being fired at my job and I can understand Imus being fired. I just don't think he should be fired. How do you think shock jocks get there name. They shock.

And its the WAY he said it that is just as bad.....

Look,you arent fighting racism in this country to well with the comments that he made.And you definitely arent helping with the sexism.

I can understand me being fired at my job and I can understand Imus being fired. I just don't think he should be fired. How do you think shock jocks get there name. They shock.

As I said earlier,him being a shock jock has nothing to do with it.He doesnt have rights that you and I dont have.

Once again,weak argument.Those girls did nothing to him.

And its the WAY he said it that is just as bad.....

Look,you arent fighting racism in this country to well with the comments that he made.And you definitely arent helping with the sexism.

I listened to the clip of the comment. It was bad but I don't think it was as bad as some people are yelling. Maybe it's because I don't get offended easily, i don't know.

Back
Top Bottom