Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

I don't get the double standard thing...I keep hearing "if this guy was black he would have been fired", I just don't buy it...I hear black comedians and such who's entire act is based on racism and they are often getting the largest laughs out there...IMO the only difference here is that this wasn't a funny comment by Imus it was just offensive. If there had been some humor involved, I think it would be different...
you need to b/c its true

I don't get the double standard thing...I keep hearing "if this guy was black he would have been fired", I just don't buy it...I hear black comedians and such who's entire act is based on racism and they are often getting the largest laughs out there...IMO the only difference here is that this wasn't a funny comment by Imus it was just offensive. If there had been some humor involved, I think it would be different...

The thing about this is...Imus ISNT A COMEDIAN..When its a comedian saying this stuff,people automatically understand what they say to be funny.Hes a shock jock on MSNBC trying to be funny.And it wasnt funny.How do you think those girls (teenagers) felt being called nappy headed hoes?And yes it was offensive.The point is HE SHOULDNT HAVE SAID IT.It was ignorant.

Now you put a black "shock jock" in there calling teenagers white hoes hes fired.That should be obvious.

The thing about this is...Imus ISNT A COMEDIAN..When its a comedian saying this stuff,people automatically understand what they say to be funny.Hes a shock jock on MSNBC trying to be funny.And it wasnt funny.How do you think those girls (teenagers) felt being called nappy headed hoes?And yes it was offensive.The point is HE SHOULDNT HAVE SAID IT.It was ignorant.
I completely agree, but I also cant stand Imus...In my other post I think I said that I think it was offensive, and unfunny...But he was trying to be funny, and that was my point...
I heard Howard Stern (used to work with Imus) talking about the situation...He says Imus would walk around the halls off air and call black people ******s right to their face. He said it was always clear that he was a racist, but no one did anything...I find the man disgusting and boring, and am fine with whatever punishment he gets....

Now you put a black "shock jock" in there calling teenagers white hoes hes fired.That should be obvious.
I don't agree, you might think its obvious, and maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't agree....I don't think this is a black vs white, or a racially unbalanced issue, thats all...

Rappers say it all the time!!!!!!!!

Nice :lol: And youre right RAPPERS say it all the time.Imus isnt a rapper.And it wasnt said in the same context.I know you know that.

Plus rappers arent going on radio shows calling a girls basketball team nappy headed hoes".

I completely agree, but I also cant stand Imus...In my other post I think I said that I think it was offensive, and unfunny...But he was trying to be funny, and that was my point...
I heard Howard Stern (used to work with Imus) talking about the situation...He says Imus would walk around the halls off air and call black people ******s right to their face. He said it was always clear that he was a racist, but no one did anything...I find the man disgusting and boring, and am fine with whatever punishment he gets....

I don't agree, you might think its obvious, and maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't agree....I don't think this is a black vs white, or a racially unbalanced issue, thats all...

Like I said,let it be a black radio jock say something ignorant like that,I gaurantee you hed be fired.Freedom of speech and all.

I think black or white this particular instance is not grounds for firing.

I think black or white this particular instance is not grounds for firing.

For the ignorant comment.Hell yeah thats grounds for firing.Look at what happened to Tim Hardaway after the ignorant comments he made.The same thing should happen to this guy.It was a DUMB comment,he should be fired.

For the ignorant comment.Hell yeah thats grounds for firing.Look at what happened to Tim Hardaway after the ignorant comments he made.The same thing should happen to this guy.It was a DUMB comment,he should be fired.

Both ignorant comments but which one was more hateful?

Nice :lol: And youre right RAPPERS say it all the time.Imus isnt a rapper.And it wasnt said in the same context.I know you know that.

Plus rappers arent going on radio shows calling a girls basketball team nappy headed hoes".

What? Rappers are all over the radio every day calling any and everybody hoes":lol:

Is he a Rapper? No. Do you think he was trying to pull off that same persona-Absolutely. What makes it right for rappers to begin with? If one man can publicly say it, anybody should be able to

Should he get fired? I dont know. I couldnt stand him before this....

It seems like this guy is doing everything he can to apologize for his statement.

What? Rappers are all over the radio every day calling any and everybody hoes":lol:

Is he a Rapper? No. Do you think he was trying to pull off that same persona-Absolutely. What makes it right for rappers to begin with? If one man can publicly say it, anybody should be able to

Should he get fired? I dont know. I couldnt stand him before this....

This only helps prove my point.Rapper are calling "anybody and everybody" hoes.Not directed at a certain group of people.Its a girls basketball team chrissakes.You dont think the comment hurt them?I mean who wants to be called "nappy headed hoes" by some stupid shock jock who needs to get a clue.

And you probably dont listen to rap,so you dont understand the context rappers are using when they call women hoes.Do I think its right no,but its a separate issue.And yes it would be a perfect world if people could say stuff about people and it not have an effect on them.Whose the victim here?

Both ignorant comments but which one was more hateful?

Thats not the point.It isnt about which comment is more hateful.

It seems like this guy is doing everything he can to apologize for his statement.

Is he apologizing be he got caught or is it because he really is being apologetic?Hmmmm.Tim Hardaway apologized too.

Back
Top Bottom