Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

I listened to the clip of the comment. It was bad but I don't think it was as bad as some people are yelling. Maybe it's because I don't get offended easily, i don't know.

So how would you feel if somebody singled out your mom,your sister,your girl?Somebody calls them a hoe,they apologize and your ok with it,but they still keep their job.Hell most places of employment I know state on the application that NO racism will be tolerated.As well as any kind of fraternization.

Id be willing to bet most posters on this forum would do something about it.Its not like water rolling off a ducks back.If your one thats ok with an apology that you dont feel is really being apologetic,then so be it.

So how would you feel if somebody singled out your mom,your sister,your girl?Somebody calls them a hoe,they apologize and your ok with it,but they still keep their job.Hell most places of employment I know state on the application that NO racism will be tolerated.As well as any kind of fraternization.

Id be willing to bet most posters on this forum would do something about it.Its not like water rolling off a ducks back.If your one thats ok with an apology that you dont feel is really being apologetic,then so be it.

I would totally complain and/or kick his ***. But it is up to the establishment to decide what happens to the employee. I can't fire him.

I would totally complain and/or kick his ***. But it is up to the establishment to decide what happens to the employee. I can't fire him.

So how does this help your argument that he shouldnt be fired?You kick his *** he presses charges against you.

I'll gaurantee you another thing,if you say something on Finheaven they dont like here, theyll ban you after warnings.Imus has had plenty of chances already.He should know better.

So how does this help your argument that he shouldnt be fired?You kick his *** he presses charges against you.

I'll gaurantee you another thing,if you say something on Finheaven they dont like here, theyll ban you after warnings.Imus has had plenty of chances already.He should know better.

This is between the team and Imus. If they forgive him then thats the end. I can't convince you that he shouldn't get fired because you have already made up your mind and so have I. I think he has so far done all he can to rectify his actions.

This is between the team and Imus. If they forgive him then thats the end. I can't convince you that he shouldn't get fired because you have already made up your mind and so have I. I think he has so far done all he can to rectify his actions.

Unless you are a member of the Rutgers Women's Basketball team, then saying that they are going to give him an apology carries no weight.Too little too late.

If someone of national prominence said something similarly derisive to the entire literate world about some female you cared about,and this right after she had achieved a substantial measure of success, you would feel the same way.And its obvious its NOT just between the team and Imus at this point.All you have to do is turn on the TV or radio.Hell the president is even involved.

Unless you are a member of the Rutgers Women's Basketball team, then saying that they are going to give him an apology carries no weight.Too little too late.

If someone of national prominence said something similarly derisive to the entire literate world about some female you cared about,and this right after she had achieved a substantial measure of success, you would feel the same way.And its obvious its NOT just between the team and Imus at this point.All you have to do is turn on the TV or radio.Hell the president is even involved.

It is just between them, its just that the media gets involved.

It is just between them, its just that the media gets involved.

Dude,when the media gets involved,its not just between them.When civil rights activists get involved,it not just between them.Just as its not just between the commissioner and suspended football players.Learn something.

Dude,when the media gets involved,its not just between them.When civil rights activists get involved,it not just between them.Just as its not just between the commissioner and suspended football players.Learn something.

There are to main parties in this. Imus and Rutgers. Everyone else is just yelling to hear themselves yell. Let the main characters work this out.

There are to main parties in this. Imus and Rutgers. Everyone else is just yelling to hear themselves yell. Let the main characters work this out.

main characters work it out? what exactly could rutgers do besides listen? rutgers has no control over anything, so they cant work anything out.

main characters work it out? what exactly could rutgers do besides listen? rutgers has no control over anything, so they cant work anything out.

The two parties talk to each other and try to reach an understanding.

Youre funny man.You know how the old saying goes:"If you can't spot the "sucker" (Imus) at the table within a few minutes of sitting down, then YOU are the sucker.":lol:

These girls seem pretty smart.He wont be able to do anything but try and convince them that hes sorry.They may or may not forgive him.So by your logic if they forgive him,he should be able to keep his job?If they dont by your logic he should be able to keep his job.Which is it?

Youre funny man.You know how the old saying goes:"If you can't spot the "sucker" (Imus) at the table within a few minutes of sitting down, then YOU are the sucker.":lol:

These girls seem pretty smart.He wont be able to do anything but try and convince them that hes sorry.They may or may not forgive him.So by your logic if they forgive him,he should be able to keep his job?If they dont by your logic he should be able to keep his job.Which is it?

Dude, honestly I don't care what happens. I don't think he should be fired. Suspended, yes. I have no problem with apologizing until he drops dead. I would never make comments like because I don't have those feelings. I just think that this country is too quick to get up in arms about the most idiotic comments by irrelevant people.

This is my favorite sports story since Barbaro's injury. [/sarcasm]
You know...after I listened to the womans Rutgers coach talk about the situation, I actually felt bad as a father of girls that I even found his comments funny, its not about color, its about those girls having their defining moment in their college basketball career tainted by this garbage. These girls did nothing to know one...they didn't deserve to be called anything derogatory. I personally would be outraged if one of them was my daughter.

Back
Top Bottom