Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

We still have black people not being able to get jobs they want because of double standards.As soon as the shoe shifts to the other foot a little bit,white people cry double standard.The oppression was ONLY 40 years ago people.

What about the fact that i was way more qualified for an internship this summer for a job i wanted, but they gave it to a minority because they needed more of them in their company??

Im not saying minorities don't have it harder in some cases, but in some cases they have it easier also

Im just so sick of this Imus issues, its all over Cold Pizza and Sportscenter and i frankly don't care about it anymore

What about the fact that i was way more qualified for an internship this summer for a job i wanted, but they gave it to a minority because they needed more of them in their company??

Im not saying minorities don't have it harder in some cases, but in some cases they have it easier also

Im just so sick of this Imus issues, its all over Cold Pizza and Sportscenter and i frankly don't care about it anymore

Well UC,they had to try and make it easier for blacks somehow.And Im sorry you lost your internship,but there has to be some give and take somewhere.

And I agree Im done with it.Its a sad sad thing.

I'm waging in your lifetime though......it hasn't been that bad though has it? I mean honestly, be real. It was harsh 50-60 years ago.......its pretty stacked now...man.....I wish I was a minority sometimes....there are so many things out there for minorities now, scholarships, grants, agencies, groups, television channels, restaruants, on and on and on......heck clothing brands...FUBU...for us by us?? No white person would EVER,EVER get away with that. I'm not puling the race card, but you need to be real.

You really really don't know what you are saying.

You know what man,Ive been very ,very fortunate in my life man.And Im pretty happy.That doesnt mean EVERY black person has had the same opportunity Ive had.Its easy for you to say that blacks HAVE all this stuff,then ignore all the injustices.

Tell me why white people wouldnt get away with anything?The country is run in general by rich,older white men.We still have black people not being able to get jobs they want because of double standards.As soon as the shoe shifts to the other foot a little bit,white people cry double standard.The oppression was ONLY 40 years ago people.

All of us can come up with examples of who has what and who's in power vs. who isn't. This won't ever end. Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians, none of us always get all the opportunities to do stuff.

White folks don't get away with everything. Look at Imus

All of us can come up with examples of who has what and who's in power vs. who isn't. This won't ever end. Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians, none of us always get all the opportunities to do stuff.

White folks don't get away with everything. Look at Imus

He didn't thanks to an accurate response from black activism... which is what has been criticised up to now as being something that shouldn't have happened.

You really really don't know what you are saying.
yes I really do, trust me I grew up as a "minority" in my neighborhood, I know exactly what I am saying. Imus deserved to get fired, but we as a "people" need to be more active against all kinds of slander, and racism, not just what comes out of caucasions mouths. It is not fair that Charles Barkely can sit there all day and make fun of white B-ball players, or black comedians can cut us down everyday, but we cant do the same. Its all in humor, and its all in fun until the whites say it....how is that fair??

And if the MEDIA wouldnt shine the light on this stuff we wouldnt be hearing about it.The media=White people.

I dont want to come across as angry at all.Im a very happy dude.Its amazing people get riled up because he got fired,yet try to excuse what he said in every way.

Im done.
Well I'm glad your done, but thats an ignorant statement on your part, the media isnt ran by the WHITE.....come on........

Man this thread is still going strong.

Well I actually feel Imus shouldnt have been fired. The only reason he got fired is because all his big sponsorship left and anyone that happen too would be fired.

As to all this race issue I think got way overblown. This country has more opportunity then any country in the world and well we all have to deal with racism because we are melting pot society. In some way shape or form we are all a little bias toward people because of either race, sex, religion etc. Wh at great about this country is that we have choices,opportunity, and freedom. Unfortunately we have to deal issues such as racial comment here. If you cant handle it then maybe your living in the wrong country. The racism in this country IMO is far less then what you have to deal with in other parts of the world.

clear.gif

actually the man=white=run corpororate america=runs media

When 90 % of a messageboard is white it doesnt surprise me.

How do you know 90% of the message board is white??? You got a magic computer monitor where you can see everyone's real face who is posting?? :shakeno: :shakeno: Give me a break.

Only Dolphins fans on a Dolphins message board are white fans??? What a joke!

I'll leave this Imus thing alone.Its dead to me.

Thank god. Now we can have a serious debate here on the issue without the propaganda being spread!!

Some here are totally missing the point. This has nothing to do with the media. The rich and powerful. Blacks being held down still in this country...

1) Imus said a stupid thing and was rightly fired. Nobody is debating that CBS and NBC has the right to fire him. They can. They did. Some may agree or disagree, that isn't the issue.

2) Who in the hell asked Al Sharpton to get involved? Who asked Jesse Jackson to get involved? In the year 2007 with all of their scandles and mishaps, both have ZERO CREDIBILITY!!!!!! Zero...0...none, nadda, zilch!!! This had NOTHING to do with either of them. Both are known racists. THE FACTS DON'T LIE!!! It's on tape. Racist words have come out of their mouths!!! That isn't up for debate!! And I don't want one racist (Sharpton and Jackson) telling me another racist (which Imus is) is a bad person!! LOOK IN THE F'N MIRROR!!!!!! Clean up your own life and act before you start throwing others under the bus!!! That's the issue. That these somehow "self-elected" judge, jury, and executioners can control whatever they want as long as it gets them air time!

If Jackson and Shaprton want to win over the pat of America with a brain who see's them for the fools that they are. On Monday morning, go to a record company lable's headquarters. Protest there. Picket outside there. And get that record company to FIRE at least 1.......just 1, ONE....UNO, just one........ not 10 or 20, or more. JUST ONE RAP ARTIST WHO USES THE EXACT WORDS IMUS USED AND USES THEM IN HURTFUL WAYS!!! Do that and then I, along with others, will give the Al and Jesse a break and have some kind words to say about them. Until they do that, their history doesn't change and it speaks for itself, and they are just 2 racists. A racist like Imus!!

Back
Top Bottom